3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/161434-im-new-looking-others-who-eat-every-3-hours.html)

No Ordinary Love 03-15-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delafax (Post 2654544)
Hi guys. How is everyone today? I love subs and yesterday I decided to get one. I was so so proud of myself. I ate about 3 inches of it for dinner. This morning I had another 3 inches of it for breakfast. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of it with my husband later on for one of my dinners. A few months ago I could eat a large sub, with chips and a soda in one sitting with no problem. I would never dream of doing that now.

I am looking forward to eating smaller portions... I also use to eat a large sub, with chips and a soda in one sitting with no problems but now I eat only 1/2. (Working on making it smaller) :( I guess it's all about getting used to it.

I didn't do so well yesterday, ended up eating only 3 meals instead of the 6 mini meals. But back on the wagon again today...

:book2: :comp: :stir: :hungry:

62monkey 03-15-2009 09:38 AM

it works

This approach worked for me in the past. I don't have the time at work to eat every 3 hrs so the plan fell apart on me. We have set breaks and no excuses to leave the floor until break time. too bad, I enjoyed this plan.

delafax 03-16-2009 05:45 PM

So this has happened to me once before and I want to ask others...If it's time to eat but you don't feel like eating do you go ahead and eat anyhow since it's been 3 hours and you want to make sure you get in all your meals? I am fixing dinner as I type and I'm not even hungry. I always feel that I should eat regardless because it keeps me on track.

pattygirl63 03-16-2009 06:37 PM

Delafax I have experienced the same thing and I have no interest any particular food. I've opted today to wait until I'm hungry but not famished and still fixed dinner and ate only half. I've heard we really shouldn't go more than 4 hours without eating. I got up late and ate breakfast at Noon and then again around 3. I've lost track of time and suddenly realized that it has been about 3 1/2 hours since I ate and I am getting ready to go get the other half of what I had for dinner. I really have no answer on how to deal with the situation as I don't think I should force food if I really don't want it. However, I think it will help to know that I have the option to eat every 3 hours or so as needed. Sometimes I'm hungry sooner than 3 hours and like today feel no need to eat until a little later. My thing is learning to eat 5 or 6small meals a day rather than just 3. I was so drilled in one diet group 3 meals and no snacks that this in itself is a real challenge in the fact that I sometimes feel guilty to eat more than 3 times. However, I feel a lot better doing it.

No Ordinary Love I too am finding I don't need as much. Instead of eating a whole sandwich today I made an open sandwich with half the bbq I used to would have eaten. I had what I call a finger salad with it instead of chips.

Today was my WI day and I have not lost any more weight, but I didn't gain any either so that is a real accomplishment for me. Especially since this past week has been a learning process of how to do this and make it work for me. Just in the past few days I lost the sugar cravings and the portions have gotten smaller. I see a good habit starting to come together and even started a little exercise going on my stationary bike. I always get bored on it, but have decided to play a cd from our church and ride to 2 songs a day until I can do (my goal) the whole cd in a day. So I finally have a working plan in mind. Now just to do it.

delafax 03-18-2009 09:23 AM

Pattygirl63 - I have lost my sugar cravings too. I used to really want sweets but they don't seem to concern me now. It really depends on what you get used to. One example for me: I couldn't drink a cup of hot tea without sweetner but now I don't use any sweetner.
No Ordinary Love- Are you fitting in 6 meals?

No Ordinary Love 03-20-2009 07:56 PM

Delafax I have been eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and drinking tons of water. Sometimes I'm not really hungry but I still eat every 3 hours.

Yeah... I lost another 2 pounds :cheer: :yay:

Now I need to start working on my exercise, I haven't done any yet but I will start little by little...

:dust:

elkay 03-22-2009 07:59 AM

Check this out

Hi all you 3 hour eaters

I too have searched for some 3 hour diet plans and came accross this one
" eat all day diet" by Helen Foster same idea eat every 2 -3 hours I stumbled upon this plan and I bought the book on ebay (bargain) as I couldnt find a website or any forums on this one.
The book is great gives you a lot of information and lists over 50 breakfast 50 lunch and 50 dinner ideas and suggestions with some recipes and aslo 40 morning , 40 afternnon and 40 evening snacks to choose from and some good insight into why this works and lots of info
I am starting on this tomorrow
:carrot:

delafax 04-01-2009 09:17 AM

Ok guys ...I need your help. I have been at the same weight now for a week. Can you give me some ideas on how to kick start my weight loss again. I am still eating every 3 hours and don't feel like I am eating more than I should. The weight is just not coming off right now. I have been losing weight steadily since Jan 1st. Does this mean it's time for me to start exercising? I haven't exercised yet. I just need some ideas on how to get this going again. Should I over eat for a couple days to trick my body? LOL

delafax 04-16-2009 05:46 PM

A couple people emailed me with suggestions. I took the advice and ate more for breakfast and less throughout the day with my last dinner being the smallest. I did this for 3 days and then went back to my normal routine. Within 2 more days I started on my way again. Another 1 1/2 pounds and I will be at my half way mark. How is everyone else doing? Are you eating every 3 hours? I have a cooler I pack with a healthy meal that I take with me when I know I will be out during one of my meals. My husband thinks it's funny but...it works.

CatWuv 04-20-2009 02:33 PM

Hi All,
I am new to 3 hr eating and am still in the honeymoon phase where I have dropped 8 pounds ind 4 days. Mostly water weight but I will take it. I have a lot to lose and am have tried many diets without long term success. I like this one because I never get extremely hungry and lose control.
I read Jorge Cruise's 3 hr diet book and always looking for more info and am so happy that I found this thread.
Have a great day!
Pennie

canadianangel 04-22-2009 11:10 AM

because i have been a yoyo dieter all of my life, i have messed up my metablism. i have found eating every 3 hours has help speed it up, plus i dont feel like im starving, and eat everything in my fridge.. my energy level also stays up..

best of luck to all!!

angela

sunshinez28 04-24-2009 02:53 PM

I am another 2-3 hour eater, I graze through out the day.. Lucky I have the job thay I can do that with.. I drink alot of water and I am consuming lots of Fiber and protein.. and watching my sodium and calories.. It seems to keep my hunger down.. I have actually stopped losing weight.. and getting very discourage.. But I exercise alot and I know I am building muscle.. soo who knows!!

Lovely91 04-26-2009 09:47 AM

I am starting this since today=)
Hope it works!!
And congrats to everyone who has lost weight=D

delafax 06-03-2009 03:01 PM

I haven't been on for a couple weeks but am curious to find out how everyone is doing?
I am still eating every 3 hours and have lost 46 pounds since Jan. It is such a habit now that I can tell when it's been 3 hours without even looking at a clock. I love this new eating style.

Lucia 06-07-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delafax (Post 2769367)
I haven't been on for a couple weeks but am curious to find out how everyone is doing?
I am still eating every 3 hours and have lost 46 pounds since Jan. It is such a habit now that I can tell when it's been 3 hours without even looking at a clock. I love this new eating style.

what exactly do you eat? could you please give me an example of meals/snacks you have in a day? sounds like something i might do...