Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #46  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been sticking to the plan for about a week now... I feel horrible. I haven't gained the weight back, but I still feel really bad. I'm starting again today and hopefully I don't fall out of it again. I'm really upset because someone I've known for over 2 years called me fat and obese yesterday and she even told her 11 year old daughter to watch her weight or she'll turn out like me... That really hurts, and I don't want people to think of me like that anymore.
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #47  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Migotokokoro
That's terrible that someone would say something like that to you.
Ok, so you didn't gain any weight...that's good but what's better is that you are trying again. Even if I didn't lose anymore weight I would still eat every three hours simply because it makes me feel so much better. My energy level is even all day.
How is your day going today?
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #48  
Let It Go

I was so happy to finally get my weight ticker..yeah
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #49  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, Well I am still eatting every 3 hours. I am also done another pound. This has really kept my binge eatting under control.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #50  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been sticking to anything! I want to seriously START and STAY on this. So for I've done 100 sit-ups (50 regular sit-ups, 50 reverse crunches). I'm really NOT hungry though... but I know I need to eat every 3 hours... I might just end up having a serving of honey nut cheerios and half a serving of 1% milk for breakfast. I have a lot of different options for my meals. I went shopping and picked up some more nonfat yogurts, string cheese, pickles, kiwis, granola bars, turkey hot dogs (I hate pork and beef but I usually have to eat them because that's what everyone else buys) that I found out are only 100 calories for one not including the bun or condiments!, and I even got some 100 calorie chocolate ice cream bars in case I really wanted a treat.

migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'2

Wow I just read a couple of posts for this thread and the three hour eating diet sounds amazing! I think I might try this. I orginally had another diet plan in mind but I think this is something I can stick to! What does everyone eat every 3 hours? Like snack type things (ie energy bars etc..) or like little meals (ie sandwiches). Also, does this include beverages that is not water?

I too can't wait to get my weight ticker! How many posts do I need in order to get it? I only joined yesterday though. Also, I need to get a functioning weighing scale. I just realized mine is probably broken cause I've been the same weight for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm bound to have lost some weight (I'm taking Reductil)... so I hope...
goldlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #52  
Let It Go

How is everyone doing? I have had almost 0 cravings since I started eating this way. Has everyone else eating every 3 hours notice little to no cravings?

Hi Goldlion,
I don't snack..I eat meals every 3 hours. If I am on the run etc I will eat a granola bar and milk as a meal if needed but not too often. I am eating the same amount of food that I am used to eating but I have divided it into smaller meals. For example: If my dinner is chicken, rice and a vegetable then I would eat 1/2 of it at 4 pm and the other 1/2 at 7 pm. I do the same with my lunch..I eat 1/2 of it at 10 am and the other 1/2 at 1 pm. For breakfast I switch back and forth between oatmeal or a fried egg on toast.
What I have changed that seems to be helping is..I switched from Coke to Coke Zero , I also drink several cups of hot tea throughout the day and I don't eat past 7 pm. This seems to be working for me. I'm getting plenty of water with the hot tea because I don't like drinking water during the cold winter months.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #53  
Let It Go

Today I weighed 205 pounds so I have lost 20 pounds since Jan 1st by eating every 3 hours. This is the best "diet" I have ever done. (I have tried my share of diets in the past 20 years) But this isn't a diet - it's a lifestyle.
Eventhough I don't count calories etc I am interested in learning or reading about "eating several meals a day to lose weight" I have googled it by using various phrases such as meal timing etc. I did come across "the 3 hour diet" but that's about it.
Does anyone know of any websites or good books that talk about eating several meals a day to lose weight? What I am doing is working for me but I am interested in learning more about this "eating lifestyle"
How is everyone else doing? I no longer have cravings!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #54  
Let It Go

So I have lost 23 pounds since Jan 1st by eating every 3 hours. I have been at a stand still for almost a week now and need some ideas to help kick start my weight loss again. I did get a wii fit and started that a week ago. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Up until last week I hadn't been exercising at all.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 265/250/180

Height: 5'7

I too eat every three hours, my personal trainer suggested it, starting with eating FIRST thing in the morning. I don't know about any of you but sometimes it is difficult to eat first thing when I wake up. I tried to make it something that was really yummy, a bagel but now I am thinking about incorporating some of the sugarbuster ideas into my life style changes.

I haven't lost any weight in a long time, reasons that I have no idea how to fix, but I do count my calories and when I didn't have a broken leg, I exercised at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes cardio.

Cliff bars are one of my favorite "meals" on this plan. I love the oatmeal ones, they run about 240 calories and are packed with protein though they don't have that chalky protein taste like the other protein bars have. It is almost like eating a cookie but with no guilt.
artchickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 226.2/184.4/145

I also eat every few hours. I'm to the point now, after having been on WW since the end of June, that I'm famished if I don't eat every few hours. I've lost 36 lbs., so it's working!
frazali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Height: 5'9"

Wow, you are all doing great! I found this thread last night, and it triggered something in my memory. There is a 3-Hour Diet by Jorge somthing, but it didn't work for me... well, his food lists, I mean.
But I think the 3-Hour eating is a good idea. I have been on WW for two months, but my life is so crazy that I can't remember to write everything down. I am going to try to eat healthy and every 3 hours like you guys and see what happens. Also plan a bit. We were at DD's yesterday with crackers, cookies and hot dogs around, but I took a double protein shake and I was fine.
Eating FIRST thing in the morning? I never eat until I've had my second cup of coffee, but I'll try it. I've been eating Krusteaz low fat muffins or fiber muffins. I need conveniance foods, too.
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

I am sooo glad that I found this thread! I've been very discouraged because every diet plan I find leaves me feeling ill - even if I am able to eat 2000 calories a day I end up so sick between means. I have reactive hypoglycemia so the only thing that works for me is eating more often but with most plans they make it so your "snacks" are like 1 oz of almonds. I'm sorry but 1 oz of almonds does NOTHING For me.

I am very motivated and excited to give this a try. I am actually going to combine it with calorie counting - I plan for 1800 calories per day so I will divide it by 6 and eat 300 calories every 3 hours ... I think not only with this help with my blood sugar, help with the cravings and avoid binges, etc.. I think it will also be easier mentally - focusing on one meal/snack at a time rather then the whole day. I am SUCH an all-or-nothing thinker and I end up binging and feeling terrible if I "mess up" so from now on I'll just focus on every 3hours. If I slip I'll pick right back up at the next time...

very excited and knowing that I'll need support to keep the excitment going!
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #59  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

Well I have kind of fall off of the wagon but I am back on. I really need to do this so I stop eatting so much junk food.

I look forward to chatting with everyone

welcome Linda and hoosiermama , I look forward to talking to you both.

bev

Last edited by Bev; 03-04-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

I got your PM delefax but I haven't posted enough to reply (found that out after I rambled on and on in a reply - lol).

I REALLY need to do this. Not just for weight loss (although that is my main priority) but also because I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia after having a stroke (TIA) last June. I was told to eat every 3hours but I haven't stuck with it at all.

Right now my waist is 51 inches and I weigh 261 lbs -- so I have a lot to lose and need to just stick with this.

I was told to average around 1800 calories by the doctor so that is where I got that number.

I REALLY need to make sure to get adequate protein at each meal too. I have been food journaling for months and I see that I am really high on carbs (granted they are in whole grains, fruits, veggies) and low on protein. I'm not saying I Need to do "low-carb" but I do need to balance things more. So each meal needs to have some protein. That should really help.

I'm starting this right now!! Well, actually it's midnight -lol - and I don't need to eat till morning so I'll be starting then.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote