fast forward and tom

• Hi Everyone,
    I am new to posting but have been lurking here since Sept 07, using most of your knowledge to lose 29 pounds..............In the last 6 months after a long vacation, it slowly starting packing back on. I crept up to 166 and then
    restarted 8 days ago with the 2 day FF, unlimited protein, no bars, etc and successfully took off the first 6 lbs. I shocked my body to the point where I now have a sinus infection and my tom started again just 16 days after the last time.
    My dh swears that I did it to myself! lol but I am wondering if anyone has experienced an irregular tom after starting the plan. I need to mention that I am completely OP and doing a new DVD set of exercises every day (only 12 minutes/day).
    Let me just add that up until this point I have been regular almost to the day, for my tom, for as long as I can remember, but I am 41...........could this be the diet or the dreaded change starting?
  • For your diet to have any impact on your cycle your body fat has to be in the low to mid teens for women which is pretty low so my guess is that it's not the diet........ it may be the dreaded change. A lot of clients at or around your age did experience it while enrolled at LA.

During perimenopause your weight and fat distruibution can begin to shift due to a decrease in estrogen production and in some their metabolism begins to slow. The best was to stop this is to include or increase a weight training regimine to help prevent the loss of lean muscle mass. If you increase that then you increase your metabolism. You don't want to eat less during this time, continue your diet as normal but maybe try eating smaller portions more frequently throughout the day and make sure you get a variety of foods in your diet. Good Luck!
  • I am not on LAWL, but I can tell you that MANY, MANY, women on these forums have had all kinds of changes and irregularities in TOM after changing their diet, myself included. It settles down after a while.