Health Plan for 2009

• I have tried and failed at weight loss more times than I can count on both hands. I know what works for me and what doesn't, I certainly should, I've been doing this long enough. They say that slow weight loss is best. Ok then, I've decided that I can lose an average of 1# a week for an overall weight loss of 52# by the end of the year. This sounds simple and doable to me. What do you all think? If there's a hole in this plan that I don't see, I want you all to point it out to me.
  • On average, it certainly is a 'doable' goal. Just remember that even if you do lose 52# this year that each week may look different. Some weeks may show less than a pound loss, others may show more than a pound.

But there are other goals you can have as well, besides the amount you lose. (A result that we can work towards, but our bodies may have different ideas about.) Such as setting a goal to work out 30 minutes 3 times a week. Or eating all your fruits & veggies.
  • Yes, I realize that some weeks may not show anything while others show more. Overall, an average of 1# a week is what I think is important, and yes, exercise as well.