Old 12-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #46  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Barbara - I'm not sure if you meant that to be funny, but I laughed out loud when I read your post! My SIL tends to ramble in and I have been caught lately 'letting my mind wander' while she was talking at me. I'm still chuckling...

Katie - I don't think you have Tourette's. I'm sure you feel bad about saying it, but people need to realize that some people enjoy the religion that they are already in. My neighbor across the steet has done similar things to us in the past, it really gets me going. Now I limit our contact to waving.

Jillian - I know that today was the day. I hope that all goes well!

Well, I went and joined a gym this week. It is around the corner from my house, so there is no excuse not to go. I have an appointment with a trainer on Monday, and will be going to a class tomorrow. I'm pretty excited - I've actually missed the gym.

my ultrasound is next friday, but thanks for thinking of me! i'll be sure to update as soon as i get back though!
good luck with the trainer! i'm jealous! (really!)
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

We made 4 pages! Just barely and it is Friday afternoon.

Kim, Good to start in December, and see how it is going to be most of the year. So many people start in January, and that is when it is truly crowded, and they give up too soon. I never thought I'd be a gym regular, but if you find someplace comfortable for you, where people are going to comment when you don't show up, that is good. As I seem to need just a small element of shame to keep me going, even though I do really like the way I feel when I exercise regularly. I did mean to be funny I suppose.... but you have to understand my cousin brought in the whole FFA presentation with pictures and diagrams about the chickens that her daughter had raised..... I believe there was comparing different breeds of chickens involved.... at least those chickens looked kind of different to me... I just smiled and said nice and went to look at the pot luck desserts one more time actually....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #48  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ps--new pic up! avatar and profile. enjoy!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #49  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I know next to nothing about chickens, but I was really looking forward to my parents (or grandparents) getting chickens when they got out of town. So I researched which chickens would be good layers, which after I did that, my mom informed me she was going to raise them to butcher, not get eggs! Burst my bubble. HA But anyway, I can try to find the website because it was quite informative about which chickens lay the best in hot and/or cold weather, what colored eggs they have, how big, etc. Since you live in cold weather some of the year, I'm sure whatever chickens you get will be acclimated, but it's best to get the right kind to begin with!

On the diet front, haven't been doing too bad, what with potlucks, cookie exchanges (why I signed up I'll never know - but I'm sharing mine with my folks), etc. I'm still in my work's Biggest Loser and we plan to start a new one the first of the year. Money to motivate isn't such a bad thing. HA

Have a great weekend.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #50  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

i have been Christmas baking........yum.......
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote