Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

That's Nutrisystem although I don't know if that's giving credit to Volumetrics directly or just coining a phrase (i.e., volumetrics with a little "v").

Barbara Rolls was one of the original developers of the WW Core Program and the latest 'new' program is just a rework of Core but with (at long last) more emphasis on Volumetrics but still no acknowledgement of Rolls involvement.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #77  
Onward and Downward

Where are you all hiding . . . ?????
Old 01-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Well, I am at work eating a late lunch. White beans cooked with just a touch of lean ham for flavor. Romaine with frozen raspberries and blueberries topped with Trader Joe's low fat raspberry salad dressing. One orange, a small bunch of grapes, celery sticks and about one Tbs snack mix. Except for the big pile of romaine, and a fairly hefty orange, all the rest is in very small servings.

My DH's brother gave us oranges, grapefruit and lemons off his trees. The oranges are huge even after removing a half inch thick rind. I squeezed all the lemons this morning and put the juice in ice cube trays to freeze. I like the frozen lemon juice better than any of the lemon juice you can buy.

In general, we have had a very mild winter, even for us. However, yesterday it snowed in the Sierra and the Panamint mountains. I came out of work and I could see all the snow. Really far from us, but it still makes it cold here. Also, the Canada geese are passing through on their way back north. There is something about the area that makes a really good stop-over for them. I have never heard of them getting mixed up with a Navy jet.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

I'm here, awaiting the next snowstorm scheduled for arrival tonight - probably means a day off for me & the bus. Made a big ol' pot of soup for dinner - I had a bunch of kale, a large sweet potato, roasted red peppers, some leftover garbanzo beans from a batch of hummus (I always cook too much), some chicken sausage. I added some chicken broth, carrots, green beans, onion, garlic,and, ta-da - dinner. The sweet potato made it very filling.

We're still here, meowee - just lurking and meandering in and out.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #80  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Just want to say a great big THANKS to you JUDI -- your storm is coming to us tonight -- 8 to 10 inches of snow, then freezing rain as the temperatures warm up to above freezing tomorrow morning. Guess it's winter.

Better hurry around to a few more 3FC places so I can then get into the shower and out for some staples -- sweet potatoes are on my list -- before the storm starts.

Stay warm, Chickies . . .
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #81  

Just sharing the wealth, Meowee!!! Delighted to be of service We've gotten about 5 inches thus far, and it's still coming down...Can't get out to the store, but there's plenty here - got a 1/2 turkey breast defrosting, and some turkey wings to make broth & gravy. Just gonna hunker down, keep the woodstoves cranking, and send the boys out periodically to shovel and get outta my hair!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #82  

I am so grateful that I don't have to deal with your terrible weather!!!!

I just ate a bowl of very comforting lentil/barley soup even though it is above freezing - by about 20degrees.

The visiting geese are shown on the front page of our local paper. Guess not too much exciting is happening around here. LOL.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #83  
Onward and Downward

Believe me, we don't have any birds hopping around today. They would need to be wearing ice skates.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #84  
Onward and Downward

Hey . . . it's February . . . come on out and play . . .
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #85  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Going to try to head to the library this coming weekend to scope out the books!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #86  

February?!?!??? What on earth happened to January??? Dangit - I musta blinked again...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #87  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I know how you feel, Judi! We could use a little sunshine around here- that would help things quite a bit! Or me, at least. Does anyone know if those full-spectrum anti- SAD lights work?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #88  
Onward and Downward

We have sun . . . wish I could send you some. No first-hand knowledge, but everything I've read says those SAD lights work wonders.

Speaking of sun, our groundhog obviously saw his shadow. Personally I'm betting on at least 8 (maybe more) weeks of Winter. We usually get at least one good snowfall in early April.

Oh well . . . try to have a good day, gang . . .
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #89  

I made pizza from scratch for my superbowl supper. While pizza will never qualify as a diet food, I made it much lighter than the local pizzaria would make. Actually, real Italian pizza is lighter than what we usually get here. The crust is crispy and it is not as heavily covered with stuff.

I tried a new salad: Romaine, orange slices, a few pumpkin seeds and a few dried cranberries. I slice the orange over the romaine so the juice goes in the salad. When I am ready to eat, I spray the salad with a bit of olive oil and add salt and pepper. Looks pretty, tastes good - a little different.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #90  

Looks over here......and over there......
....looking under here......... and behind there.......can't find it!

........is it spring yet???.....anybody see it yet????.......

....sigh - guess I'll keep looking.....
Closed Thread