3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Christmas Baking (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/157123-christmas-baking.html)

Sige 11-24-2008 05:51 PM

Christmas Baking

Any good recipes out there...please please please because if I can't find any, I'm not baking at ALL this year!:^:

kelly315 11-24-2008 05:57 PM

I'm making cookies out of the pre-made dough this year. It's not quite the same, but I'm making them mostly for friends and neighbors so I don't really have to worry about the high calories.

LoisKent 11-25-2008 07:27 AM

I usually make around 100 dozen cookies for Christams every year along with homemade candy for trays for family and friends and I always do half of them from www.allrecipes.com diabetic section. They are lower in fats and sugars and most of the time salt. If you can't find anything there that works for you just google diabetic or heartsmart recipes and you can proably find something.
Kelly I use some premade cookies sometimes also and dress them up adding all kinds of stuff dried fruits, frosting and fun things. And the premade mixes like oatmeal ones I add cinnamon chips to them.

Mama Nicole 11-25-2008 09:29 AM

Sige, are you asking for LAWL friendly recipes? Also, check you out.......only 9 pounds to goal. whooohooo!!!!

Sige 11-25-2008 01:28 PM

Thanks for the ideas...I'll check out some diabetic recipes!

Quote:

Sige, are you asking for LAWL friendly recipes? Also, check you out.......only 9 pounds to goal. whooohooo!!!!
LOL...whoop whoop YAY FOR ME!!!!! :thanks: Nicole!! And yes, any LAWL friendly recipes would be great. I mean, I know I can't *indulge* as I have in the past but there has to be something I can eat!

Ana08 11-25-2008 04:56 PM

Yes, I would love some LAWL baking recipes too..

Congrats Sige :cp: :cp: :cp: How long did it take for you to loose that much wait?

Sige 11-25-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana08 (Post 2469980)

Congrats Sige :cp: :cp: :cp: How long did it take for you to loose that much wait?

I started losing weight in April or March of 2008 and joined LAWL in May of 2008 (I lost 13 lbs on my own prior to joining LAWL). Thanks for the congrats!

Ana08 11-26-2008 08:43 AM

WOW!! 55 lbs since May!! 55 lbs in 7 months!!!Great,,,you are an inspiration,,you can be sure I will be following you around the forum now :):)

mugwhumps 12-16-2008 04:45 PM

a GREAT recipe i got from my COD last week - chocolate truffles!!! makes one serving (6 truffles) and counts as 1 dairy

3tsbp fat free cream cheese
1tsp extract (vanilla or rum extract work)
2 packages artificial sweetener (splenda has no aspartame!)
2 tsbp unsweetened cocoa powder, divided

a. mix cream cheese, extract, sweetener and 1 tsbp cocoa powder until blended.
b. refrigerate for 15 minutes
c. roll into bite size balls
d. roll balls in remaining cocoa powder.
e. ENJOY!!!

Sige 12-18-2008 01:15 PM

This recipe looks amazing!!! Thanks...I'm going to make it!