Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Friends and Losers Nov. 3-9

Good morning ladies!!

Let's start off the week in the right way..

What are YOU going to do for yourself to stay on plan?

I'm going to focus on green veg, as I seem to have gotten away from it a bit..

Had a great night last night.. Went to a friend's house for a sushi party with several other couples. Liz is really the sushi fan, but there's enough of the cooked stuff for me to like..

We were treated to copious (sp?) amounts of fresh sushi, prepared by my friend Karen's mom, who is Japanese and, in fact, used to own a Japanese restaurant in New York City.. So you KNOW this stuff was authentic..

Probably had a bit too much rice, but at least the rest of the ingredients were healthy.. Lots of veg, shrimp and fish...

Good stuff!!

Oh, by the way.. Are any of you on Facebook? I've been addicted to the site.. I've been able to catch up with a lot of friends around the country and it's a lot more user friendly than Myspace... If yer on and want to connect there as well as here, drop me a private message and I'll send you an email invite..

Have a great week!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 11-03-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning everyone. an exhausting weekend has left me even more exhausted today. ugh.
the kids had a blast trick-or-treating--there's a pic in my profile of them in their costumes!
my brother's wedding was in NE this weekend, so we drove there late friday night and didn't get in until midnight. saturday was a looooong day. i ate a bit too much cake at the wedding and a bit too much candy that was all around my other brother's house for the kids. and i know i didn't drink nearly enough water, so needless to say i'm feeling a bit puffier than normal..even with my prego tummy. so today, i'm going to be drinking quite a bit of water to flush myself out.

so, yeah. other than that..i'm doing fine. just still pretty tired. going to be starting on the elliptical again this week. tomorrow actually. still debating between getting up around 5am (instead of my normal 6am) to do it or doing it later at night...it'd either be at 4pm or 6pm depending on if the kids are over that night. so we'll see. either way, i've gotta start back up. otherwise i never will and that won't be good for me when april comes around.

hope everyone had a good weekend as well...and didn't eat too much candy.

PS--dan, now i'm craving sushi! that party sounds wonderful!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday all-

Today I am going to try to sit down and try to make out my menu for the rest of the week so I can stay on track.

I got on my elliptical last night for the first time in a couple of weeks because of my knee. I started out with 6 minutes. My knee ached for a while, but not too bad. So my plan is to get on there every day and increase it by one minute every day. When I get to 30 minutes then I am going to increase the resistance and incline every week and get stronger that way.

Dan- sounds like a fun night. I never have had sushi.

Jillian- Glad you had fun and you DB wedding. the kids look darling in their costumes.

Have a great POP day!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! We had a fun Halloween too. On Saturday my clinic hosted a free Reiki clinic in a cool little coffehouse. It went really well. We did 10 treatments, and 3 of them signed up for classes with us. We are going to continue doing the free clinic on the first Saturday of every month there. Very cool.

As for the diet, I have finally realized that I love being thin, so that is what I am striving for from now on. I am back to healthy eating, lots of water, and yoga in the mornings. And I feel so good!!!

Dan- Hmmm, I am afraid of sushi, lol.

Deb- Great job on the eliptical!

Jillian- Sounds like the weekend went well. The kids are cute in their costumes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone made it through Halloween – my weekend was ok… a few tastes of the candy, but nothing out of control… I’ve changed my habits in the sense that if I don’t like it, I don’t eat it. Used to be that I’d open a pack of candy and have to finish it all whether I liked it or not. Now I don’t feel bad about throwing it out.

Friday I did have 1 chili dog and 1 frito pie, but I starved myself all day to be able to eat that… I knew I was not going to win over that craving, so I just drank, drank, drank (water!) and ate very little throughout the day – celery, carrots, and a couple of fruits. On Saturday we went to lunch at a burger joint – I had a veggie burger, but they didn’t have whole wheat buns… I tried to eat lite the rest of the day and for dinner I had some V8 butternut squash soup. Sunday we went to the movies – overdid it on the popcorn and had veggie pizza for dinner… so this week it is back to the grindstone for me! I’m only up 1lb, which I usually am on Monday’s anyway, so it could still be a favorable week… I need to be at 134 at the end of the week to stay on my goal (1lb a week).

Went shopping on Friday and bought a size 4 jeans Also, this weekend my DH said I looked “tiny” – I LOVED THAT COMMENT! I told him, on a 5’0” frame, I am supposed to look tiny!!!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #6  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Omg! You guys you have to try Sushi! It is soo wonderful and there are many different kinds to try you are bound to like something. Especially if you like Crab or shrimp those rolls are some of the best ones.
Halloween weekend wasn't so great for me. But it's new start this week. Our boss brought in food today it was just subs and chips and salsa. But still not so great. I used to have such great self control. I don't know what happened.
Jillian the kids look so cute!
I will post a pic of thing one and thing two for you guys to see. It was soo much fun!

Hope you guys all have a great day!

Last edited by cecil; 11-03-2008 at 01:37 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I hate you, Julie.........

I was a size 4 once..................but anyway...........hello everyone I have been very busy trying to catch up on my housework. I had a long weekend with company....and the beast known as laundry is kicking my butt. I really don't mind too much today though..........CNN is my best friend today. I am a political junkie, and I just love this $hit.

Anywhoo, I am going to Texas one week from today, and I am not very much lighter. Oh well. Noone is perfect. I do have to get some dress pants soon though. Anyone ever shop at Lane Bryant? I was checking out their site today, and they have some cute stuff.

Ok, I will check in later Remember to vote tomorrow
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey nicole--i heard that lane bryant now has maternity clothes. i wish they would've had them with my previous two pregnancies..since i was needing size 2x and 3x stuff...which is hard to find in maternity stuff.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

about sizes...... my daughter is the same exact size I was when I was her age..... well in so much as..... she is 5' 7" and weighs 120. I was also 5' 7" and weighed 120 when I was 16. .. She is a size 0.... in 1984 when I was 16 I was an 8. that is how much sizes have changed. I got out some clothes that I had packed away. She put on a mini skirt that said size 10 on it. and it fit her. Those manufacturers are messing with our heads!!!!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Nicole and Letty- don't hate

size 4 or not, my DH still said I looked Tiny - he can't take it back now
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #11  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everybody!!

I didn't do too bad for halloween but then again I don't have a big sweet tooth so I didn't have hardly anything and I only had 11 kids. So the chips and rockets are going to slowly get taken to work for others to eat.

Dan - I am also addicted to facebook. I have found so many friends from as far back as elementary school and been able to catch up. Unless I am out of town I basically check it at least once a day. Feel free to add me - I'll send you a PM. I ain't got nothing to hide!!

3 more days this week and I am off for a week and a day. I am not going anywhere. I just have vacation time to use and I just need a break.

Guess thats about it for me...Have a good night everybody..
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #12  
Karen

S/C/G: 223/190/130

Height: 5'2'

Hi everyone -- ok, I am pretty new to the fun side of this computer stuff. Dan and Alannah, how does this Facebook stuff work? You go in and sign up and then put someone's name in to search? What if they have gotten married since we last saw them?

And, yes, sizes have definitely changed. I remember reading an article in some magazine several years back. The fashion industry is messing with us.
This is one reason Chico's does so well -- the only sizes are 1, 2 and 3. Anyway, that is what my boss tells me -- his wife loves it.
purplefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Karen-when you sign up you can put in your maiden name too-to aid in others searching for you.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #14  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Dan - Yum. I love sushi! A friend of mine is Japanese and I used to beg him to make some to bring to work. I've gotten a lot braver in my old age.

Jillian - the kids look cute!

Deb - Take it slow on the elliptical, but good for you for getting back on the horse (so to speak).

Katie - the Saturday clinics sound like a great way to drum up business. Good luck with that!

Nicole - You love politics? Ugh. I hate it - I think because I work with politicians all the time (before working in schools I was the Finance Director for one of the cities up here... ugh). Now I am just way too cynical - noone really wants to help make anything better, they just want to make their opponents look bad and take all the credit. I really can't wait until tomorrow when I don't have to see any more political ads.

Tiny Julie - Congrats on the 4's. I hate you too! (in a supportive, green with jealousy way)

I made a turkey breast in the crock pot Sunday, and am now going to peruse recipe's for something to make with the leftovers. Any suggestions?
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Hey, folks. Still lurking, not ready to come back yet. I am only entering 4th week postpartum. Halloween candy is kicking my butt. I am falling into the same trap as last time; eating candy late at night when the kids go to bed. Tonight, it stops!!! I will try to be POP for me, anyway, tonight. Waters drank, etc. Salad for lunch, frequent meals throughout the day!! Still nursing my little one and don't think I am eating enough. Yikes. Would love to see the scale move some numbers! Hot lemon water for me tonight! Does anyone know when I should officially start the 'breastfeeding plan'?? I have all of the portions and think I know how much of each food group I need. Anyone wanna refresh me? TIA
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote