Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 04:23 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up The Beck Diet Solution – November 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach

Welcome to The Beck DIET solution discussion group, support group, diet coach group relating to the book by Dr. Judith S. Beck:
The Beck DIET solution: train your brain to think like a thin person.
The Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).

There are no eating plans, calorie counts, recipes or exercises; according to Beck, any healthy diet will work if we learn to think differently about eating and food. Beck's book is like an extended therapy session with a diet coach.

This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet coach to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The book, The Beck Diet Solution, is available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking here.

Previous Beck threads on 3fatchicks.com:

The Beck Diet Solution – October 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – September 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – August 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – July 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – June 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – May 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – April 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – March 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – February 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – January 2008 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution – December 2007 – Group for Support, Discussion, Diet Coach
The Beck Diet Solution - November 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - October 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - September 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - August 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - July 2007
The Beck Diet Solution - May/June 2007
Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Three days until US elections

Diet Coaches - Consumed no Kit-Kats all evening. CREDIT moi. Interesting that it wasn't a struggle; didn't particularly rely on No Choice. I was helped by remembering that so many people describe their disappointment in the taste of mediocre stuff that is so fondly remembered. However, the situation isn't over. We had fewer trick-or-treat'ers than expected so there remain 2 and a half bags of Kit-Kats to dispose of. DS and his GF refused. Next door neighbor already asked if I'd take their left overs, sigh.

Probably some 80% of the kids wore purchased costumes. Notable self-mades were a young teen as a Ninja in a silk kimono, and several white faced mimes. Two collectors for UNICEF. Two very young mothers pushing kids in strollers doing the collecting themselves in large canvas shopping bags (like I know who that candy is for). Most of the kids were being prompted by parents to say "Thank You."

Jeanie (kuhljeanie) - Kudos for a big OP day. Really impressed that you studied the loot for 20 minutes and then decided on a Bistro snack - that's such a victory for making wise choices. Good luck with the recruiter.

Robin (RobinW) - LOL at "I still need a housewife?!?!!!!!!!" Yep don't we all. Having an image of you under a huge mound of t-shirts fighting your way out. Our last visitor was at 9:30 pm - two teenage girls just wandering about carrying huge goodie bags. I gave them several Kit-Kats each but couldn't bring myself to dump the whole remaining load on them.

shrinkin - Kudos for being OP when eating two meals out in one day. And Kudos for doing pool and PT in the same day. Sending warm supportive thoughts as you go to work with your mother.

Tera (twilit tera) - Kudos for OP including 40 minutes of swimming. Neat choice of Halloween graphics. Around here, the little kids are all done by 6:30 pm or so. About 8:00 pm, when our neighborhood was already pretty quite, I drove through an area only about 3 blocks away that was still swarming with kids - like middle school kids traveling in bunches of 10. Now that's scary.

Readers -
"Prepare your home and work environments by putting tempting foods where you won't easily see them - and by putting wholesome foods allowed by your diet in palin view." Beck, pg 90.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default New Here and Excited About Finding The BDS!

Hi all,
I inadvertendtly came across this website while doing some research on the Sensewear WMS. I actually found a post in a different forum but the author of the post mentioned the Beck Diet Solution. Something about it caught my eye and made me dig a little further until I found this sub-forum. Just reading the description at the beginning of the thread gave me hope that I found what I've been looking for. I have struggled with my weight/body-image since I was about 12 years old (I'm 34 now). I have successfully lost weight through many different programs (WW, Body for Life, etc.) and have had times when I've been in great shape. I know that my struggles are completely emotional/mental/behavioral. I've been in and out of therapy for over 15 years for various reasons, but this is certainly one of them. I know that if I'm ever to get a handle on this aspect of my life, I need to deal with the emotional/mental/behavioral components. So, I need to get myself the book before I completely jump on board, but I really think this is what I need right now (and therefore why I came across it.)

I look forward to meeting, learning from and supporting all of you!

Kim
Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon

bennyhannamama~ We're glad you found us!!

Bill~ Kudos for not even wanting the extra kitkats!! You are in a very good place when you dont "want" them!! Besides, the american kitkats taste horrible! The canadian kitkats on the other hand are very good

Hubby tells me this morning that there was a huge fight/screaming match out in front of our house last night. The fire trucks and police came with sirens and flashing lights. It was so loud (so Im told) that most of the neighbourhood was out on their porches watching the event. Me? I slept thru it all

Eating was weird yesterday. Unplanned food that was diet acceptable was tossed in, making supper kinda tricky. Because supper would have been too much food for the day. Oh well....I managed.

Have a great saturday everyone.......Im printing t's again today. See if I had that housewife, she could be home getting all my saturday "around the house" stuff done for me. Some day.......I'll sell enough t-shirts and signs I can hire me a housewife!!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #5  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Saturday night check in

Hi, coaches,

Almost bed time and just realized that we get to put our clocks back an hour tonight...so I have time to post.

Two pretty good days. Was over calories by about 200 yesterday and totally OP today. Hard to meet calorie goals when travelling. Yesterday lunch at airport consisted of one half of a personal cheese pizza (not any good entree choices at the small concession at the airport). Decided to cut pizza in half and throw away half...WHOA that is a first. Looked up pizza after the fact. Oh my, even 1/2 is 450 calories. Yikes. Did manage to pick up some carrots and celery in Detroit airport and that plus banana got me thru the afternoon and early evening without either hunger or food desire.

Up early and went to pool at Y before mom up at about. She did not even know that I had gone. So, got in a 50 min workout. Had to ice shoulder and elbow afterwards though so probably did a bit too much. OH WELL.

Tomorrow driving mom to see relatives that I have not seen in years. We will both enjoy it. Sad thing is in 24 hours she will not remember having gone, who we saw or what they said. At best, she remembers things for 5-10 min. Oh Well. I won't get my workout in tomorrow because of this trip, but decided it is worth it. I am taking her for a test on Monday and will have about 3 hours waiting time. May just have to find a pool to go to during that time. We'll see.

kuhljeanie-WTG resisting halloween candy long enough to decide that it simply no longer has a draw for you. that it just stays that way. Sure would be nice, wouldn't it? Ouch for keeping clothes a long time and then deciding it was not worth it. Oh Well, good news is that you could wear them because you are thinner now!

BillBlueEyes-Enjoyed your Halloween observations as I did not get to participate in handing out any goodies this year. WooHoo for not even feeling the desire for KitKats, even when they were present in mass. LOL for "knowing where the candy was going" for those mothers pushing strollers. Neat about the kids learning to say "thank you". The airport was empty Friday night...maybe everyone was out trick or treating.

RobinW-Know the feeling of needing house wife...sure is hard to keep up with the life chores while working. Hope you get that printing done and get in some time for you.

bennyhannahmama- to the Beck board. IMO reporting in keeps one accoutable and motivated. Hope you will keep posting back!

Tera-watching for your to return after the zombie is gone! LOL. Vision of you in get-up providing trick or treaters with real scare. Wonder if your Debussy presentation is over? High five for your OP behavior and for that pool work out. Do you swim the whole time?

OK Becksters, I think we may need to organize a search party for onebyone...hope she is not under the wagon.
QuilterInVa-Hope you are doing well out there.

to Ronnie and Happy1025 and all other Beck readers and posters.

Time for some zzzs.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #6  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Welcome Kim (bennyhannahmama)

Kim (bennyhannahmama)

Welcome to the Beck Diet Solution Discussion Group, Support Group, Diet Coach Group.

And, in honor of your first post on 3FC,

That's neat that you found out about 3FC when investigating Sensewear, and from there found out about Beck, and that led you to search for this thread. Good detective work there.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #7  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday - Two days before US elections

Diet Coaches - Bought strawberries anyway. CREDIT moi. Despite my DW turning up her nose because the quality of November strawberries is, well, at least somewhat, lacking. Got in my third gym session for the week after getting off schedule when I worked late and missed gym on Wednesday. CREDIT moi. And a big deal (for me): I figured out a better way to get started with the dumbbells so I tried the 50 pounders again - and I got them up without incident for both sets. CREDIT moi. I so like the feeling that the numbers are increasing so that I'm gaining by working out.

Robin (RobinW) - What's up with the "The canadian kitkats on the other hand are very good." You'd think that would make it easier to diet in the US, and so you'd expect fewer obese folks here. hmmm.... the statistics don't seem to support that. Therefore, gotta wonder about those Candadian KitKats, LOL. Kudos for figuring out supper on a weird food day.

shrinkin - Kudos for getting to the pool in a stressful situation. Sending supportive thoughts while you're working with your mother. Is it possible to take pictures of the visits with relatives, including her, for her to review later?

Kim (bennyhannahmama) - Yep, the Beck Diet Solution is a good way to deal with the "emotional/mental/behavioral components" of sticking to a diet plan and an exercise plan. I really like that it helps me to identify when it's Sabotaging Thoughts that are whispering for me to wander and helps me to generate Helpful Responses to stay the course. Great that you're going to get the book. (If you order it through Amazon via the 3FC website by clicking on the link in the first post, they will get a coin to help pay expenses around here.) Keep reading and posting - many of us find that the interactions with others using the Beck techniques help to keep us focused.

Readers -
"It is crucially important for you to review at least a couple of times a day all the reasons you have for wanting to lose weight." Beck, pg 96.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #8  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Halloween:
OP Supplements

No, no zombieing for me. I guess I will have to be content with the halloween party of a week before. (I've really got to scan the pic I have of us in costume!)

B came home with KFC and I'm afraid I overdid it a bit. I didn't need the biscuit and ate it anyway. I could have had corn instead of potato wedges. Oh, well. Moving on.

Saturday:
OP Food
OP Supplements
Planned exercise at the Club
Spontaneous exercise at 6 Flags

I have come to the conclusion that I don't get as much from theme parks as I might have once upon a time. I'd much prefer a trip to a national park or a day in the zoo. We have these season passes though and I'm getting all the enjoyment I can out of them - which for me means mostly seeing the stage performances. And at least I'm getting more exercise than I would staying home and playing Okami.

Kim

Bill: for resisting Kit Kats. The way I see it, if you're going to add un-nutritious calories to your day, it should be for something spectacular. Let us know what finally becomes of the left-overs. I'll be calling my aunt today to ask her what she's doing with hers.

shrinkin: I'd have forgotten too, except for Jack FM's "What if we don't want to save daylight?" on the way down to the park. The Debussy presentation is tomorrow night, so I'll have time to tweak my slides and rehearse a little tomorrow.

In the pool I start with a stretch and then I do something between laps and water aerobics for about 30 minutes. I don't worry too much on how fast I'm moving as long as I keep my arms and legs moving and I use different strokes to keep my muscles from tiring out before I'm ready to slow down. I finish up with about 5 minutes of resistance training on my upper body, using the water resistance as if it were a weight machine.

I hope you're enjoying the time with your family, although I realize that it's rough.

Have a good Sunday, everyone. Hope you get your fill of the weekend before Monday.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #9  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy Here I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkin View Post
OK Becksters, I think we may need to organize a search party for onebyone...hope she is not under the wagon.
Oh shrinkin'. Thanks for thinking of me. Give me a hand getting out of the ditch will you? The wagon has been out of reach the last few days.

I'm starting a do-over today. Got my TOM yesterday. Ate everything as far as the eye could see Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. Just abandoned ship and hopped off the wagon. I didn't fall off. I hopped off. I say this as I flat out refused to make my lunches and snacks, did not buy what I need for the week, certainly did not write anything down nor read anything that would stop me, I just closed the curtains and sat in the dark and did not let anyone talk me out of eating whatever I wanted. I can't pinpoint why either. I think it's because my birthday is Tuesday and I am not going to be under 250. STUPID NUMBER. i could have been under that number by now.

I think Becksters I am going to put that scale away starting today for the next 7 weeks. I already weighed in. I am re-starting my fantastic workable do able forgivable WOE and I am not going to weigh myself except when I complete the next round, including the two maintenance weeks. My goal will be to stay OP. Already I am saying to myself "but it's my birthday and I will already NOT BE OP if I have a treat that day... I'm never going to do this."
And another voice is kicking in, the Beck voice, that says "Dr. Beck writes exactly about this in her book. Pick it up and read it. You're not just following a foodplan you are following a foodplan AND using Beck to keep you OP. You need emotional support and you can get that here and in that book. Do it."

This has to be a real priority in my life this foodplan and exercise and focus on my health. It keeps slipping to #4 or #5 status. Once it slips I easily discard it, telling myself when my weight rises due to poor food choices (often it's just sodium retention) I slip into feeling low, seeing it as proof I will never do this. It's just a lie. A lie. I have not always been this weight. I've just been this weight for a while now. It's not permanent. "This weight" is a span of about 6lbs: 251-257. Sometimes I spill over the top of it and quickly act to bring it down and sometimes I manage to get to that 250 and once this past month I SAW that 249 and it made me extremely happy and I felt like I had broken through my mental block.
I can do that again and more.
But I can't focus on that scale number. I think I am too easily distracted by it when I am feeling low. I should focus on my food and my pre-planning and staying OP.

twilit tera Yay for exercise and being OP. Yay for moving forward.

BillBlueEyes Kudos for gym progress. I bought two fantastic huge California pomegranates this week. 2 for $5.00. Giant ripe perfect pomegranates. My favorite fruit. I was checking out this site this morning
http://100milediet.org/ wondering if I could do this once a week? Eat only what is grown within 100 miles of your locale. Another site I saw called these the "dark days" for local food knowing it is a lot harder to gather local food over the winter months
http://urbanhennery.com/2008/10/14/d...hallenge-0809/

I wonder if I can do this wihout a) a car and b) on a tight budget
money-wise and c) tight time budget.

What do you think about these ideas?

RobinW Still hard at work I see. It's good that you are so good at what you do. Kudos on staying focused on your foodplan amidst it all.

bennyhannahmama You've found a great supportive wise group. Hope you join in!

kuhljeanie I see you have a job interview? Exciting! And trying on thsoe clothes to discover they fit but aren't even what you want? That's really exciting too! I suspect the things I am looking forward to clothes-wise (except my fake fur coat that I desperately do want to wear) are really out of date and in the end I want NEW things to celebrate the NEW me. Enjoy the whole trying on of new clothes! You deserve it.

QuilterinVA Sorry to hear about the death of your dear friend. Was nice to see you back.

shrinkin' All the best to you and your mom. Hang in there over your visit okay? Sorry it's so hard.

angelmomma, ronnie, coastalsue, maryblu waving hello and wishing you joy today

Okay off to get some homework started. Thanks for being here.

Last edited by onebyone; 11-02-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Good Evening

I had a wonderful excessive sleep-in this morning It was wonderful. I think it totaled 14hrs sleep Oh boy did I need it. We woke up, went to our fav. starbucks for our sunday paper read and our coffee. Then did a bit of grocery shopping, then home for laundry and some cooking. I just sat down to take a little break. I plan to take 1/2 a day off this coming week, just for myself.

Bill~how did the strawberries taste? Kudos for getting in all your workout days. I belong to a another weightlifting forum if you are interested in checking it out let me know. Its very small, and the group is very friendly and helpful. You might find it useful. The age range there is early 30's to I think mid/early 60's Let me know and I'll pm the link to you.

onebyone~ it sounds like you know what you want to do, just not keeping consistent. Life certainly does get in the way doesnt it. Ive put my cards back in my purse....and Im thinking of photo copying them so I have a set at home and one at work too. Just little somethings to help me remember to stay on track.

Im off to finish laundry....the laundry fairy didnt come either
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 AM   #11  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Monday - The eve of US Elections

Diet Coaches - Planning ahead: since I woke up at the usual body time - there's no such thing as body-daylight-savings-time - I used the hour to make a batch of curried zucchini and basmati rice for this weeks lunches. CREDIT moi. I'm reminded that one core aspect of the Beck Diet Solution is working today to prepare for tomorrow, rather than working at fighting off the food desires. When my food is planned, purchased, and prepared, I have an easier time sticking to my eating plan.

My DS tasted my dish - asked how much cumin I had used. He laughed at my one tablespoon, suggested three tablespoons. His secret for good Indian food is lots of spices. So, by nightfall, he had dropped off a huge bag of cumin seeds from the local Indian Market so that I can grind it fresh next time. Alas, so much to learn about this cooking business.

onebyone - Ouch for the rough times; Kudos for making changes to your routine to get going again. I like your notion to avoid the scale if it is causing you pain. You can revel in staying on plan and let your body figure out how to fall in line.

Thanks for the pointers to the eating locally stuff. I'm a believer, although we don't hesitate to eat bananas and pineapples and mangoes from far far away. And joyfully eat walnuts and almonds and avocados from California. And look forward to grapefruit and oranges from Florida. OK, so that's not so local. But veggies are local from farmers' markets during summer. And we choose local apples for which there are many options.

I think you'd find it tough to go 100% local with realistic time constraints; the author admits that they spent mucho time doing this. (My DW considers the carbon impact of driving to a distant farm stand verses the local supermarket. Fortunately, I easily pass urban farmers' markets 3 or 4 times a week on my walks. And some days I think of Whole Foods as local - some day I think of Whole Foods as agribusiness.) Perhaps you could try his idea to have one meal a week with 90% local. Or try for 100% local veggies during season; Ontario has great options to support that. For me, it is reasonable to eat whole wheat shipped from the vast plains of the US and Canada. And in my brain local includes blue berries from Maine without asking which part of Maine in order to calculate the 100 miles.

OK, lots of words and not much answer, I guess because it's a challenging question and we continue to actively work on it. Good luck on making your choices.

Robin (RobinW) - Just WOW at 14 hours of sleep; yep, your body must have needed it. Great idea to take a half day off for yourself, especially after printing a zillion t-shirts this week and weekend. Re the strawberries: they're OK, not great, good enough to remind me what strawberries taste like.

Tera (twilit tera) - Yeah for spontaneous exercise at six flags. Your comment about theme parks reminds me of my three day trip to Disney World when the kids were young. I hadn't realized how remarkably well the place was designed until about two and a half days into the trip when I suddenly realized that I knew where everything was and where the edges were; the Magic Kingdom was just a theme park. If I lived my life over again, I'd go for only two days just to retain the feeling of magic.

angelmomma210 - Thinking of you and your DH today on Kathy's Holiday.

Readers -
"tip!
If you struggle to motivate yourself to exercise, ask a friend or official exercise coach (such as a personal trainer) to meet you for your exercise sessions. It's easy to let yourself down by skipping exercise, but it's a much harder to let down a friend or trainer. Your coach can also work with you to help you overcome your physical and attitudinal difficulties." Beck, pg 110.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #12  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up on again modified week 12 do-over

Good Morning Becksters. I am about to dash out the door but wanted to say I have my week planned out as to how to tackle being off plan for 5 days. it's good. I can do this. So I have my morning's worth of food looked after and I will be home for the afternoon so I can deal with that then. It's good to be back in with you guys and it strikes me that I do not stay away very long. I used to disappear for months. Things have changed.

I will be re-doing my Beck starting today and will post new advantage response cards this afternoon.

Have a good day gang.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #13  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Default seriously advanced planning

happy monday my coaches!

wow, we had a beautiful weekend. el nino and i spent almost an hour yesterday playing in the leaves and collecting acorns. today, my FIL has offered to come up and rake. i'm delighted that he's offered to do this for us given DH's stress level, but we'll have to find another leaf pile to play in. i am reminded that everyone should have the problems i have. i'm so lucky in so many ways. for example, DH mentioned that an annual OSU v. Michigan party is coming up in a few weeks at a friend's house. traditionally, a lot of beer, ribs and wings, chips, and there's usually a giant iced cookie. go bucks. so DH and i came up with a plan. i usually make friday night (dinner out my mom) my non-bistro meal for the week, but for that week, i'm going to offer to bring a bistro meal for each of us, so saturday can be my free meal. we're also going to find a football-party-friendly recipe that i will secretly make healthy (a low-fat, low-sodium white chicken chili or something like that) to contribute. i'll have a little of anything else that looks FABULOUS (one small plate) and that will be it. DH helped strategize, and his presence alone will help keep me accountable. i married a total rockstar. i guess the other piece of it is that given the work i've put into being able to stay on plan for that party, the odds that i'd go nuts are considerably lessened.

i beat my average target calorie deficit for last week by almost 100 calories a day (again, averaged for the week) and i'm pretty proud of that. credit moi! i also beat my target steps (12000 a day) by 2000, and the only area i'm still not meeting my targets is sleep. i've been having trouble getting to sleep lately without prescription help, so that's where i need to focus my efforts. i've read the web stuff - not very useful. have any of you had success dealing with insomnia? once i fall asleep, i usually stay asleep. it's just getting my mind to quiet down that's tough. i'm also starting to get stressed out ABOUT falling asleep, which is definitely working against me. ideas? i allow myself one caffeinated drink a day, at lunchtime.

keeping the candy in the house is working for now, although the reese's cups couldn't stay on the kitchen table because i kept sort of CONSIDERING them. glad that my "diet" food is so tasty that i generally prefer it to other things.

onebyone, i'm liking the plan. i feel ya, girl! my number was 183. i'd go up to 186, then back down. then back up. then back down. for almost an entire year. just broke through - what, 2 weeks ago? VERY recent! let me know what i can do to support you because i know how frustrating it is! also giving some thought to the local food/global PITA condundrum. we've got a fantastic chain here (3 stores) called Dorothy Lane Markets, and they clearly identify which foods are local. they even had a "eat local" campaign. i live within biking distance of two of them, so i'd just need a bike, and some where to stash the groceries. alas, i don't know what you have in your town. our CSA delivered right to our door during the summer - but again, that's a seasonal thig. if i'd had the time i guess i could have canned locally-grown summer fruits and veggies, but time is already at an insane premium in my life. guess it ultimately comes down to finding a balance you can live with. my food comes shipped in styrofoam with dry ice. it's incredibly wasteful, so i called the company about it. they said they're working on finding a less impactful material to ship, but some members donate the boxes to food banks and meals on wheels. ah ha! so now we do that. i guess the real question is, what's realistic for you?

lovely use of the extra hour, bill! sorry to hear that the strawberries were mediocre. i'm not a huge fan of cumin (my spice rack has jamaican curry instead of indian curry) but acknowledging the real time investment healthy cooking takes is what inspired me to sign up with a meal delivery service.

robin, MAN does your sunday sound wonderful! i like folding laundry - it's my time to watch HGTV. don't like washing it, though. DH does that part. he also does about half the shopping and some of the cooking, so i guess i have a part-time househusband. hmm...might be something to that...

tera, big credit for the Oh Well and moving on! i really believe that's a major shift in thinking that gets us closer to what we want. for me, it feels so good not to beat myself up, too. what a bonus.

shrinkin, agree with you that the family visit is top priority. my heart goes out to you with your mom. even if her head doesn't remember it, her soul does. this is a good thing (we call it a miztvah.) your arm could probably use the day off anyway. and yeah, wouldn't it be nice if i could have that one thought about the candy, and continue to have the same thought the rest of my life? kinda sorta suspect that won't be the case. oh well!

welcome kim! i'm the sensewear junkie. i upload that thing about 3 times a day, and am constantly checking my numbers. that, beck, and my meal delivery plan are keeping me on track. and to echo everyone else, this is a fantastic group. wonderfully wise and supportive. welcome!

Last edited by kuhljeanie; 11-03-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #14  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

Well, poo. This mouse has a button on the side that operates as a "back" button, so I'd just about got through my post and accidentally pressed it with my thumb! Here we go again... (I am never buying one of these mice.)

Sunday

OP Food
OP Supplements

Weight up 1.5 pounds, but I think it's only partly to do with being off plan Friday. I wasn't off enough to justify that much weight gain, and I was weighing much later in the day than I usually do. Hopefully this means I won't put as much weight on for my TOM weigh-in next week.

for passing up free samples at Costco. Was very tempted by cheesecake, but I reminded myself that cheesecake was special, and should be eaten properly (i.e. slowly) with a fork and not gobbled in some store because a complete stranger hands it to me.

onebyone You can do it. I know you can. Good for you focusing on the true goal and not the numbers.

shrinkin: Awesome job answering that voice in your head with some Beck thinking!

Jean: Thanks for the kudos. I do think "Oh Well" is a significant change for me, and the one that is going to make the difference between success and giving up, not just with my weight but with everything I aim for. Historically, I've been a bit guilty of perfectionism. Not the neurotic kind that insists on everything being flawless, but the slacker kind that decides that since perfection isn't possible, the effort isn't worth it.

What a difference two words can make!

Last edited by twilit tera; 11-03-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Just a quick Im tired and cranky Food is ok, exercise is GOING to happen today! Might make me feel better.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Closed Thread