Height: 5'7"

Tuesday
off plan for supplements
OP Food
Spontaneous exercise in parking lots
Planned exercise at health club

Wednesday
OP Supplements
OP Food (Ok, the day isn't over but this is my prediction)
Spontaneous exercise in parking lots

today started out fantastic! My smallest pair of pants now fit without looking odd! This is a major goal for me!

Craziness set in soon after... stressed out today. got my observations done and was about to upload my assignment when I noticed the feedback posted from my last assignment required me to do some additional work so... work, I did.

So worn out afterward, I was thinking dinner was either going to be hot dogs or pizza. Decided to do 1 hot dog, cut up in a nice bowl of spinach with vinegar

angelmomma: What's a-fib? it sounds scary! I'm glad that your meeting with your friend was healing for you.

onebyone: on your 10 pounds GONE!

jean: :

Robin: Go out and play in the snow for me, willya? We're lucky if we have one brief snowfall a year in Dallas. When it freezes, it's usually freezing rain. I do sometimes get homesick for temperate zone seasons.

Bill: Aye about the pool and No about figuring out what to wear. I decided to stop stressing on it after looking at the bathing suits in the catalog. Many of the "tankinis" I saw online at Old Navy looked exactly like my shaper and underwear. Until someone complains, that's what I'm wearing.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #152  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default okay I'm back.

Hi Becksters.

Well I'm all over the map today. Sheesh. It was so bad that I found myself at the payphone at the bus dialing in some number, not mine it turned out and I was trying to call home! ugh! After getting a "not in service" message, I stopped and tried and just could not remember my own number. Kept mixing it up with my friend's number!

Whoa. I am tired.

So instead of fretting I called information and asked for my own number! Wow. Anyway I got hold of DH and invited him to meet me at the mall for lunch and he was already working so I just came home. Made "spaghetti and meatballs" (shhh! Don't tell DH he's eating rice fettucine!) and took a deep breath. CREDIT MOI I got through the day. Almost done for the week. PHEW. Now I am working on my next assignment due tomorrow. I am half way there. 8 photos; 4 to go. I am Op and On track.

Better go. Breaktime is over.

Last edited by onebyone; 10-22-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 PM   #153  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Wednesday report

Coaches,

Survived the Phillie trip. Found out on arrival that I did not have to play invisible because our site was going to be included in this project afterall. But as a newbie, did have to fly under the radar a bit.

For health behaviors, a mixed report.

The good: Resisted all off-plan compelling goodies thrown at us during morning and afternoon breaks: yup, those big trays of piles of chips, cookies, pastries did not capture me. CREDIT MOI!

Sunday night, sent back an appetizer of asparagus when it turned out to be fried. I complained when it arrived and waitress offered a crab meat dish in exchange. CREDIT MOI for asserting self.

Never overate and mostly made good choices.

Got in a huge amount of unscheduled exercise walking to meetings, to receptions and to dinner. Meeting provided bus transport for all of this, but I decided to walk. Old self would have riden.

The not-so-good: Pool report disappointing but extra credit for attempt: cut out of one meeting late Monday afternoon with just enough time to get to Y pool before reception followed by dinner. I had looked up location up on line and figured out what bus to take. However, bus did not appear, so started walking as I knew I had limited time. Walked hard and fast and before too long, noted to be in a not-so-good neighborhood (those of you who know Phily would call it SW and would say this is an understatement). Was wishing I had BBE's cape to cover me up and make me invisible. LOL. Dilemma whether to turn and quickly walk back out way I came, keep walking forward, wait on a bus? Decided to keep walking forward, hopefully get in swim and then return via bus. After a 50 min hard walk, made the Y only to find out the pool was "reserved for the swim team" for the next hour. So, no work out! Took the bus back, tired and annoyed. Heard later on TV an armed gang had done 8 armed roberries in the area in the past 7 days. So, should have been at the lack of excitement on my "stroll". Figure I walked somewhere around 4 miles in the 50 min.

Limited self to one glass of wine two of the three nights....OK almost perfect.

Had only had two bites of desert at Sunday night's dinner...left the remainder of a delightful key lime pie on my plate.

The bad: Indulged in desert Monday night (but only 1 inch by 2 inch brownie). Behavior of sweet tooth totally out of control on Tuesday night...had the entire dinner desert...an outstanding peach blueberry cinnamon pastry. Oh Well...at least it was fruit. LOL.

Back to good behavior on Tuesday night, but tonight had Chinese food for dinner as no groceries in house. Oh well.

Tonight, dragged myself to "home" pool for 40 min of hard work out. CREDIT MOI.

onebyone-ouch for fatigue. WooHoo for those 10 pounds. Keep up the good work!

twilit tera-Wohoo for your good behavior in all sectors! Awesome about those smallest pants. Congrats!

RobinW-Kudos for planning your own sandwich to replace salad. EEW about that snow. Not wanting to think about it yet. at thought of new warm slippers instead of food!

angelmomma210-pain for your friend's loss. Glad she has you as a source of strength. Sorry to hear about your recent heart problem. Hope you are making time for you.

kuhljeannie-sending you positive vibes for recovery from the steroid reaction.

BillBlueEyes-WTG on grapefruit and gearing up for winter treats. Thanks for your "softly spoken" messages. Took advantage of every source of possible help with luggage. So far, arm about the same as when I left.

Tigerseye-Sending positive thoughts for you as you go thru divorce and face financial challenges. Kudos for coping without eating!

Happy1025-WTG for continuing on with Beck!

QuilterINVA-Happy to hear from you again!

Off to bed, tired but happy that I am back on track!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 AM   #154  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches - Bought four more peaches after doing my gym session. CREDIT moi. They came from the same box as the last purchase; they're beginning to show their age; this may not keep going on, LOL.

Jeanie (kuhljeanie) - Ouch for the bad reaction. Sending supportive thoughts to your pituitary system.

Robin (RobinW) - What's up with "(served salad ~yuck~)"? LOL at "voices" - yep, that's just what I need to convince them that I'm gone.

onebyone - Yay for making it through one more day of overload. Kudos for the times on plan. Congrats on the solid ten pounds gone. Good luck with those last four photos.

shrinkin - Kudos for working so diligently on your plan for the business trip - that's always a hard one for me when I don't have full control of my time and source of foods. Ouch for a long walk with no swim. That touches a nerve with me; at my gym, they consider it proper notice that some part of the gym is closed or some class is canceled by posting a sign at the front desk. Grrrrrr ... a website with closures would help plan when to come in.

angelmomma210 - My heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your own daughter. You were so generous reaching out to your friend for her loss. Continuing to send supportive thoughts to you and your DH this week.

Tera (twilit tera) - Kudos for one (1.0) hot dog for dinner. Never had only one in adult life - thought they only came in twos, like pants and scissors, LOL. Congrats on the newly fitting pants. Gotta love the physical feedback.

Readers -
"If a doctor gave you an antibiotic to get rid of a bad infection, would you take only half the pill? Of course not. Likewise, don't try to take shortcuts with this program." Beck, pg 61.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #155  
persist

Thumbs up week 3 day 4 cycle 2

Good Morning. Just a quick hello to commit to being OP today and also reporting in that it's my last school day for the week: one printmaking critique ahead of me this morning and the presentation of my photography project this afternoon. Mid-terms. Tonight I have to get going on orders people will be picking up at the final farmers' markets of the season over the weekend.

(tiny hurrah! I am almost through it all!)

Last edited by onebyone; 10-23-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #156  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon

Bill~ I dont like salad......its just leaves!!!!! The very last thing I want to eat is salad. Salad is what food eats Id much rather have a good veggie soup with nice chunks of chicken in it. When I do eat salad, (very rare) I have a big honkin huge bowl of it Not some polite little plate......like they had at the meeting yesterday. (can you tell I dont like salad)

Savour the peaches!!

shrinkin~ even the not so good turned out pretty good. You got a good walk in, and I suspect being in the neighbourhood you were in made you walk faster. Unplanned exercise that may just have taken the place of your swimming. I think you did good!

tera~ hotdog w/spinach and vinegar? hmmm, I crinkled my nose at that one You did good tho!!! Awesome job! Not enough snow to play in yet...its all gone. (but it will be back no doubt)

onebyone~ oh I hate it when I blank out on something that I should know. Did that with my pin number once. Very clever of you to call 411 to get your number!! I completely blanked out and didnt know what to do

Have a great day everyone!! I just may be able to sneak out of here early!!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #157  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday, TGI

Diet Coaches - "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on" CREDIT moi. Wore blue jeans for my walk - first time this season not in shorts. Wore a favorite Pendleton wool shirt when I went out to a meeting after dinner. Now this is seriously admitting that summer is fading. And even worse, DW noted that the most recently purchased peaches had that end of season lack-of taste; suggested that I not bother any more. Bummer. Seems like I fight the loss of summer as if it represents getting older. Oh Well.

Robin (RobinW) - Hope you were able to sneak out of work early and savor the beginning of brisk weather. LOL at "Salad is what food eats." Never heard that before. I like that DW makes a dinner salad every evening - about a cup of the standard stuff. Lately that's included mushrooms as well as the greens and tomatoes from her garden when available. I drizzle my favorite balsamic vinaigrette on it. But for lunch, I have a "honkin" 2 quarts of raw veggies without dressing. I do enjoy it. Includes a whole cuke cut into spears, a whole red bell pepper cut into strips, a handful of sugar snaps, some cauliflower, some broccoli, and four large Romaine Lettuce leaves. After that bountiful 2 quarts, I have 3 carrots and a wedge of Green Cabbage. I feel delightfully full.

onebyone - OK, the week is almost done. Congrats for getting this far. Hoping for a lucrative last weekend at the market.

angelmomma210 - Sending supportive thoughts for you and your DH.

Readers -
"All diets enable weight loss in the same way - by getting you to eat fewer calories." Beck, pg 63.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 10-24-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #158  
persist

Thumbs up wk11 day 5 and a Friday to boot!

TGIF Becksters!

I'm off to school to load and fire the kiln this morning. Can't stay there long as I have stuff to do for the market tomorrow. Looks like rain though This means the market building will be COLD. Still last day and all I'll be more like this

But Sunday is a different story. We are outside at that market and my friend ahs already said if it's raining he's not going cause at this time of year the market is if you're out in the rain under a canopy. So, probably, I'll have an extra homework day or a complete day off ... no not yet, I'll take the extra day for homework/assignments. Need it. Especially with having a car at hand. Nice. I like that.

So I am OP and getting ready for the weekend and I decidced to try on my skinnier jeans and this time not only did I get them up but I buttoned and zippered them up too! Could barely walk, they hug EVERYWHERE (where's the sausagae smiley face?) but they are up and on and this is what progress looks like...

Better go. Have a good end of the week folks!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #159  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Bill~ I agree a nice big plate of raw veggies is very nice and filling....as long as there arent any leaves mixed in

onebyone~ Yah!! for getting into the skinnier jeans!

I didnt get out early yesterday, but I did get out of the shop for a little walk. When I spend alot of time at the computer my eyes get really tired. I spent all day yesterday designing. (makes for tired eyes) I designed a turkey trot team T banner and I used lots of little bits of vinyl we received as samples. So there is lots of lime green, flouresent yellow and orange.....its pretty funky and should get lots of attention. Today I"ll put it together.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #160  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Friday update

Coaches,

Still struggling with being too busy to create time and energy for diet. However, have not really not eaten to overfull. Had second half of Chinese food last night for dinner. Should have thrown it out. Oh Well. Dinner tonight looms ahead with no plan and no groceries at home.

Have not been religious about calorie counting since return from trip. Dont know why except that I am overly stressed at work and behind in life. This can not become a chronic excuse. Must get back to planning AND accurate recording as my current method is not working at all. According to scale, I am up 5 pounds from low weight, including 2 pounds since I got back from Phily! For the past two days, I have not had anything that smacked of bad choice except the Chinese food. I am hoping part is the salt from Chinese food...but really, that can't be all of it. It does tell me how tough maintenance is going to be. Wonder if my metabolic rate has just bottomed out as I was losing at a rate of almost 2 pounds a week for a while just prior to all of this. Short hiatus in exercise from prior trip (very little for 10 days) sent metabolism plummeting? Or maybe, body just wants to gain the weight back? I am refusing to give in.

Went to exercise again last night (went Wednesday night too). Did a solid 45 min. Used new Zoomer flippers for first time which increase resistance on legs. CREDIT MOI for going, for having the Zoomers and for using them.

RobinW-So you just like Leafless Salads...there are some good ones like tomatoes, onions and cukes. Oh, for some good tomatoes. Ouch for computer eyes. Kuods for keeping up with the walking.

onebyone-Highfive for being OP and for getting really close on those skinnier jeans. Sending positive vibes for tolerable weather and market success this weekend.

BBE-Wow for 2 qts of veggies. I am bemoaning the loss of tasty peaches, strawberies and now locally, even cherry tomatoes. All of these are diet staples. Will keep buying the cherry tomatoes, but peaches and strawberries are a totally flavorless waste of money. Blueberries are still in the stores, but SO expensive. We gotta get onto celebrating apples again. My other indulgence...fresh pineapple and red seedless grapes. Should also be good time for pears. I am getting hungry thinking about all of these good things.

to twilit tera and sending in advance!

for angelmomma and for kuhljeanie..hope things are improving in your worlds.

Happy2015 and Tigerseye-Wondering what beck day is today for you...must be around day 8 (happy) and day 6 (tiger) or so?? Any experiences or tips to share?

Trying to convince self to go to pool again tonight. It is not a standard exercise day for me, but if I am to get in my 4 rounds/week, have to go again tonight. not sure I can handle it, but we'll see.

Good evening to all Beck readers and posters!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #161  
persist

Red face just a long day

Good evening chums.

Went to the school today. Vacuumed out the two kilns, loaded and set one on pre-heat arranged to have it fired tomorrow...a rare occurence a Sat. firing. I have to get up extra early to get a few jewellry things finished for market before I leave. Hopefully my customers will come and get the painting I spent the afternoon making for them. I am totally wiped out. Always feel sad when wiped out...worried too. Just need rest is all...and so I'll go do that.

to everyone. Stay the course!

Last edited by onebyone; 10-24-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #162  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches - On Thursday during lunch time, I walked to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. It wasn't ready. "You can call ahead to see it it's ready," they said. But I knew that, and I hadn't, and I wasn't unhappy. It just meant that I got to walk to the pharmacy during lunch on Friday. I love having a goal for my walks. Alas, on Friday it was ready. Too bad. But CREDIT moi anyway. I'll find some other place to walk.

Robin (RobinW) - That Turkey Trot banner sounds funky all right. Love it that you utilized sample material; the overwhelmed waste management system of this country thanks you, LOL.

onebyone - Congrats for skinny jeans. And Congrats for living through the week ... so far. Good luck with sales this weekend. Don't understand how you can fire the kiln and work the market on the same day?

angelmomma210 - Waving. Sending supportive thoughts for you and your DH. Hope the week brought news you can deal with.

shrinkin - Oh YES, "My other indulgence...fresh pineapple and red seedless grapes." Had our first pineapple of the season - soooo good. It helps me to stay on plan when I delight in the good food - makes the manufactured foods on which I previously over-indulged seem so undesirable. Good luck in getting back on track and getting your house stocked with food again.

Readers -
"The Beck Diet Solution teaches you how to modify your diet by working planned indulgences into your overall plan. This can help you stick to your diet long term." Beck, pg 66.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 10-25-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #163  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Its gloomy and chilly here today. I have to go into the shop for about a half hour, then thats it. I get to come home and try to figure out and hook up the dvd player we bought last night

Food was pretty good yesterday, and only 2 glasses of wine A bit of exercise (unplanned) The treadmill is folded up and has a duvet hanging off it. I need to do something about that.......put it back in motion.

Bill~ Kudos for your walks! Using the samples was also the way to get the funkiest look. Our whole thing when trying to sell this stuff is to "not" look like the guy next to you. How many purple banners with lime green lettering and flouresent turkeys have you seen? We had to take down the neon green banner with the half naked viking down .......it was looking tired and not so neon anymore. (but it sold heaps of t-shirts!)

onebyone~ enjoy your weekend!

shrinkin~ Kudos for getting your exercise in! Especially when you are feeling other areas are not as you want them to be. Keeping up your exercise in spite of it will help you get back on track 100%

Your right, I like leaf-less salads!! Leaves just are not food to me

Have a wonderful saturday everyone!!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #164  

Hi. I'm considering this plan, I have the book. Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been? Most diets have a long list of forbidden foods. I know I need to change my eating habits, but don't want to be ultra rigid, giving up potatos or bread or ice cream forever. Of course, I need to make modifications, but want to be flexible.
I've started exercising 6 days a week. I gained a lot of weight on asthma meds and lithium, been off the meds for six months, but it's not coming off. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Amie
Old 10-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #165  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmegirl View Post
Hi. I'm considering this plan, I have the book. Can anyone tell me what their experiences have been? Most diets have a long list of forbidden foods. I know I need to change my eating habits, but don't want to be ultra rigid, giving up potatos or bread or ice cream forever. Of course, I need to make modifications, but want to be flexible.
I've started exercising 6 days a week. I gained a lot of weight on asthma meds and lithium, been off the meds for six months, but it's not coming off. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Amie
Hi Amie and

Dr. Beck isnt a diet plan, it is a tool to help you succeed at the diet plan you choose. I have found it immensely helpful. It helps you make smarter choices, and to be more aware of why you do things.

As for getting the weight off after the asthma meds......it will come off, it just might be a bit more stubborn. But it will.
Closed Thread