Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Question You: On a Diet & Green Tea

I am ready to finally start trying to control my weight and need some info about the options I am considering. First, does Green Tea really do all they hype it up to do in regard to weight loss? Also, I would love to hear how people feel about the Dr. Oz "You: On a Diet" book and the workout video for it, so I know if I should go ahead and buy them.

Thanks! I can't wait to get started!
cmhinva64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #2  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

S/C/G: 300/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhinva64 View Post
I am ready to finally start trying to control my weight and need some info about the options I am considering. First, does Green Tea really do all they hype it up to do in regard to weight loss? Also, I would love to hear how people feel about the Dr. Oz "You: On a Diet" book and the workout video for it, so I know if I should go ahead and buy them.

Thanks! I can't wait to get started!
Hi! I'm determined to add green tea daily, 3-4 cups, even if I have to make it extra strong and get my 4 cups in two, LOL.

I don't think there are any real *tricks* to fat burning, but green tea (among other things) has been shown to help, ESPECIALLY when combined with exercise, like walking. The increase in flat burning is almost double when you do both in the same day. Well worth it, I think. It especially helps to drink it (because of the caffeine) 30-40 minutes before exercising. You burn more calories without even feeling it!

I'm just transitioning. I'm on day 40 of the Flat Belly Diet and my plan is to continue to use what I've learned there (all useful for the long term) but also continue to learn and add new things, especially because research is really pinning down some good and useful stuff right now.

Just a few minutes ago, I received my copy of You on a Diet. I haven't read it yet (duh) but picked it because it focuses on the science of all this so figured I would be reminded of some things I do know and no doubt learn some things that I've never heard or let slip. I don't see myself *going on* it as a plan because my *plan* is pretty much now evolving from everything I've ever learned. But, I do see it inspiring me and spurring me on to more, and helping me by teaching me some new things.

Mostly, I think any good plan (one that doesn't severely limit a particular food type or calories, one that - let's not kid ourselves - includes some exercise) will be as good for you as you are on it. So it really is about finding something that's not extreme and something you will stick with.

The most succesful folks (I've noticed) seem to end up tailoring a plan to themselves eventually anyway, but you have to start somewhere and it really helps to have a plan. I'm thinking that one would be as good as any, but... we'll have to wait until I read the book for an *informed* opinion.

My best to you in your search. When you see the one you think you can do, just start!

Last edited by delitaagain; 09-18-2008 at 01:51 PM.
delitaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default You On A Diet..

hi - i'm pretty new to these boards but i have read the book nearly cover to cover. i must say i learned a tremendous amount, it's easy to digest - and makes sense. i don't do their plan at all - i am on another, but still - the knowledge is transferable to any plan at all. i hope you enjoy it too...
SeminoleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions and support! I picked up the book today and am going to start reading it first thing in the morning. Best of luck to both of you too!
cmhinva64 is offline   Reply With Quote