Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Questions

Hey All!

I’ve been back on track for 2 weeks now. I really did take a summer hiatus.

But amazingly, I’ve managed to keep off the 30 lbs I lost earlier this year. The changes that I made when I started this program definitely stuck. I can’t remember the last time I picked up a salt-shaker (that one was for you Dan). So I’m motivated that I can maintain my weight loss long term. No more crash dieting!

Anywho – I forgot how much hard work it was to lose! The first week it felt good to be back on track, but now I’m starting to struggle again. I’ve quit going to the COD.

A couple of questions……..

1. Can I go back to the COD whenever I want even though I haven’t been all summer long? I did prepay until next year sometime.

2. How do I know when I should step down a plan? The WL is going so slooooww. I feel like I may need to reduce my food.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jill, good to see you back! Great that you maintained your loss. Forming better eating habits is the key to being healthy, and I think this plan helps you do that. I believe that you felt you had too much food even when you were on plan previously. I'm of two minds with the advice, first is perhaps you should just call them up or go and drop in and see what the COD has to say? However I know that you did always feel that they had you on too much food. So perhaps you could use this COD free time to experiment with less food. Drop yourself down a plan and see if you lose better? You can always go back up if you find it not comfortable for you or the weight loss slows down. You always felt that it was too much, so take this time to see if you were right. Just be sure to write down the exact plan that you are following and keep careful track of what you are eating, and it just might work out great for you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Jill!

Long time no see! How was 10K? I heard flaming lips was crazy!
I say go back to COD and do what they say! HA! It works you just have to stick to it! You know you can just get back on track if you do it for a while and your not losing and you want to go down a plan do it. They will really never know. Sneaky I know. HA!

Good luck!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

10klf was fantabulous! I skipped the Flaming Lips......I actually took the time to catch up on some much needed sleep. We barely slept the 1st 2 days! It was such a good time. I love that place. Hope to see you're little face next year!

I think I will drop down a plan & see what happens. Any advice on what that would be? Here's a breakdown of what I have now.

5 Proteins
5 Fruits
6 Veggies
10 Starches
3 Dairy
5 Fats

I know, it's a ton. Although, I have gotten used to eating it all. I eat like 6 times a day!

What would be the next plan down from this?
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jill, I don't know for sure, and apparently no one more knowledgeable it going to answer, so best guess by comparing various different plans that I know about I would think plan 6 might be approximately

Protein 4 1/2
Starch 8
Veg 5
Fruit 5
Dairy 3
Fat 4

So cut out 2 starches, 1 veggie, 1/2 protein, 1 fat. That should cut your calories somewhere around 350 per day lower. Perhaps that will be more manageable for you to get all that in.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote