Old 08-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Default @!&# FitDay - Progress is a 4-letter word

Someone please tell me I'm missing something. The new FitDay has some neat features.

But they have made it 50x more cumbersome to add pre-existing custom foods to your day.

1. The drop down list now only has the first 10 items.

2. When you go to the full list of custom items it is now in a multi page list. There are about 20 items per page. That gets me all the way to ... C.

3. There is no way to get to the end of that list except page by page by page ...

4. When you tick the box next to a custom item, you lose it if you go to the next page of custom items. Therefore the button "Add all checked foods" is laughing at you when you click it. Sucker. You only *think* you just added 10 foods.

5. So, to add multiple items from multiple pages of your custom list, you get to go through all these steps over and over again.

I suppose they are trying to drive you to buy their program. But they're gonna drive me to something else instead.

6. Oops, you now need something else from the custom food list? Toward the end of the alphabet? If your speakers are off, does FitDay's evil laugh still exist?

Is the above process even any better in the paid program?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

www.thedailyplate.com
i made the switch months ago, free and much better IMO.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Is the above process even any better in the paid program?
The paid program is completely different. I start to type the food name and it brings up a list as I type each character, with all customs that match first on the list. I like the copy/paste feature as well. It lets me start with dinner planning, finish up the day, then re-order them to a more natural order. Takes me about 5 mins each night to plan the next day. I also have 4 customs (----breakfast----, ----snack----, etc.) which lets me divide up meals at a glance when I'm planning. I would hate a system of drop down boxes. It was slow websites that led me to a PC-based system in the first place.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCdn View Post
The paid program is completely different. I start to type the food name and it brings up a list as I type each character, with all customs that match first on the list. I like the copy/paste feature as well. It lets me start with dinner planning, finish up the day, then re-order them to a more natural order. Takes me about 5 mins each night to plan the next day. I also have 4 customs (----breakfast----, ----snack----, etc.) which lets me divide up meals at a glance when I'm planning. I would hate a system of drop down boxes. It was slow websites that led me to a PC-based system in the first place.
RealCdn, does the PC version sync online so you access it away from home too?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #5  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
RealCdn, does the PC version sync online so you access it away from home too?
Nope.

It also doesn't let you transfer your custom items. I was lucky in the fact that I purchased the PC version before I did much with the online one. I like the PC version, however, things like syncing and transferring between web and PC versions should be a given.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Argh, I was all happy about the new version of Fitday until I had the same problem...

Luckily for me, I eat much of the same things every day, so most of my custom foods stay in the "recent" box.

If it gets really frustrating after a while, I'm just going to switch to the Daily Plate, though. No way am I going to pay FitDay for intentionally making their site annoying.

Last edited by Horo; 08-10-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I just tried the daily plate. I had been eating junk food this weekend, and it was humbling. I think I'll go eat a bowl of vegetable soup for dinner, and a swimming pool of water...
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #8  
Watch How I Soar

S/C/G: 234/130/130

Height: 5'8

Is it just me, or did they change that? All my custom foods show up on one page now, when yesterday I had to keep clicking next. This is great now!
MorgaineDax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgaineDax View Post
Is it just me, or did they change that? All my custom foods show up on one page now, when yesterday I had to keep clicking next. This is great now!
Yes! Same thing here. Thank goodness. Now, if they would just make the dropdown longer ...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Did they update calorie values too? I eat pretty much the same stuff I've been eating all along and now the total seems to be about 200 higher than it used to
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I was really enjoying FitDay, too, and got very excited when I saw that they added Mood tracking. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me and there is no Help/Support/FAQ section.

Can anyone else tell me if the Mood tracking smiley face is working for you?

Thanks so much!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4365 View Post
Hi all,

I was really enjoying FitDay, too, and got very excited when I saw that they added Mood tracking. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me and there is no Help/Support/FAQ section.

Can anyone else tell me if the Mood tracking smiley face is working for you?

Thanks so much!

Couldn't get it to work for me either. Maybe they are still working out bugs. I also liked that they added the "body" section for measurements but was a little disappointed that the graph only goes back 2 months. I'd like to be able to see the total loss since the first of the year. Maybe they are working on that too.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
Couldn't get it to work for me either. Maybe they are still working out bugs. I also liked that they added the "body" section for measurements but was a little disappointed that the graph only goes back 2 months. I'd like to be able to see the total loss since the first of the year. Maybe they are working on that too.
The 2 months is a problem, and I would also expect to see more than one measurement at a time; at least a few. All they have to do is put them in different colors and/or dashes. But I'm glad they added it. For now, I'm only putting in monthly measurements (I measure weekly at home), mostly to test and see if it's even worth it.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

They're still tweaking. I LOVE the "View my Recent FOods" function...you can transfer entire meals, with amounts, from any day in the past at once. Talk about a huge improvement!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
They're still tweaking. I LOVE the "View my Recent FOods" function...you can transfer entire meals, with amounts, from any day in the past at once. Talk about a huge improvement!
Second time I saw you mention that, so had to go look. That is neat. I didn't realize they were breaking it down by day. Now, if they would just add a box at the top of each day so you can check/uncheck all at once. My poor elbow hates all that repetitive mousing!