Need to lose a few pounds through sustainable means

• Hi everyone! I am new to the boards, but certainly not to the dieting world. I am supposing this is as good a forum as any to post my intentions for accountability purposes.

After our newest precious family member arrived 3 months ago, I am left sitting on that extra 15 pounds that always needs to be 'worked' off. Low carb eating has never failed to work in the past but I have never started it this soon after a birth and anyway, I seem to gravitate toward obsession over every bite I put into my mouth. I really hate that. This time I want to try something a little different~Not focusing so much on overall carbs but just to manage sugar and junky starch carbs and really work on eating a lot of fruit and veggies along with my protein instead.
    Since I am still nursing baby, this seems to be the most sane approach right now as it will help supply plenty of vitamins and minerals that I need.

Since I pretty much have an idea of what works for me --and it doesn't exactly fit any existing published program-- I mainly want to seek support in just eating healthier so I can properly fuel my body for the exercise that is also essential for me to be able to lose weight.

Thanks for reading this!
  • You are on the right track!!! Watch the refined carbs, get in the extra protein and complex carbs, get out and sweat a bit and probably in about 2- 3 months you'll be in the good. Come over to calorie counters. We strive for a healthy weight loss, plenty of variety and support.
  • I hope that you also check out our pregnant/nursing forum. There are lots of women there who are nursing, and trying to lose their baby weight.
  • Thank you! I will have to check into both of those forums soon. There is a lot to see around here
  • I remember eating Hostess Ding Dongs when I was nursing to try and boost my milk production- LOL!
    I think all it did was make my rear end larger !

It sounds like you want to eat sensibly. I would offer that you just watch your portion sizes. That seems to be a BIG problem in our society today.
    However, I'm sure you know that you need extra calories for nursing.

Best wishes