Old 08-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #1  
Wanting the dream body

S/C/G: 200/ticker/110

Height: 5'1

Default Hi there! Pondering...need advice

Hello there everyone! my name is Zel and i am COMPLETELY new to this site but it looks friendly and great so im going to be acive and speak out

First of all. I want to loose about maybe 50 Lbs this year, (another 50lbs, but thats wishful thinking, but if i can do it I WILL!) i will be doing some dieting and exercising, but i want to do this with LA weightloss. I am 20 and i have no knowledge of LA weightloss at all. So many of you that have joing lAWL do tell me what plans i have to take, or NOT take, because I heard compliants and apparently word of scams around the internet. But it'd be great to get info form peole who are currently on LAWL.

I might go for consultation next week. So before i go and get roped in really good persuasions and waste my money, can someone advice me on this? What plan to talk, should i take supplements and if so, which ones, etc etc Im still a student in university, so there are things i can afford and cant.

So if anyone can help, that'd be great!!!

Zel.

Last edited by ZelZel; 08-07-2008 at 02:51 AM.
ZelZel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

The plan you go on depends on how much weight you have to lose. They will tell you what food plan would work best based on your body and goals. You don't have to take any supplements if you don't want to and many people are successful without them. I do take the LA Lite bars twice a day. I have a big sweet tooth and I like them. Go for your consultation and go home and think about it. That's what I did. Don't even bring your purse or wallet with you. Get the details from them and sleep on it. Good Luck whatever you decide!!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Zel - I've had great success on LAWL, I stick to the plans, weigh in 3 times a week, and the weight has come off. The best suggestions I can make are - don't pay full price for a plan, these people are like car salesmen... if you don't buy one day, they will come back with a better deal the next. I paid $275.00 for a year-long program. The other thing - they won't try to sell you bars on your consultation visit, they wait until after you've signed and then when you come in 3 days later, they pounce on you with a ridiculous bid to purchase all the bars at once for an outrageous amount of money. I have purchased the bars as I go along, 10 boxes for $100 mostly and I've used some other bars along the way as well. I do use the take off juice because I like the taste of it and I did it every 2 weeks religiously for about 4 months... I am now scaling back to once a month. These are the only products I've used, they will try to sell you something almost every time you visit the center, you just need to know how to say no.

I hope this doesn't scare you away from LAWL - there is no way I would have been able to lose the weight without them and I feel like a totally new person now! I can honestly say I haven't been this happy in years!

Good luck with your pondering
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Zel.......do read the stickies at the top of the LAWL page, they are quite helpful...and then.......be prepared. They are very persuasive sales people. They will probably make you cry....they did me.... They may try to talk you into financing the plan and supplements..........dont' do it. They will tell you that you need to purchase lites in bulk to be successful, cuz you might not beable to afford them at a later time......it's B.S. I do the plan lite free, suppliment free.......and it works. It's all about taking in less than you burn.......bottom line to any weight loss program. I was polite, but firm. It wasn't easy, as they played on my weaknesses....but they are not evil........they are in it for the $$$, so they are just doing their job. It is a great program though........and it really does work. The accountablility is so good for us. I can tell you that the more you tell them you want to lose, the more the program will cost you......so make your goal higher than you may have without this knowlege. You pay for your projected weeks it will take to get to your goal.

and Erin's advice is great.........do not plan to buy the day you go in.........if you can help it Your truly best gateway to success is right here......these ladies, and Dan........are incredible support!!! Good luck to you

Oh, and about the lites....they are not the devil, I jsut can't eat them cuz I can't tolerate soy products. I wish I could.........anyway........you can always do luna bars to replace lites. don't tell them that.....but keep it in mind. check back with us after your appointment if you have more questions, or if you just want to talk about it

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 08-08-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

WOW, Julie.....44 lbs lost.......you ROCK!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

They are just like car sales people. I got 112 week (lose - stabilzation - maintenance) for just a little over $300. Right now, they are really hurting for clients with the economy the way it is. When they quote you something like $7 a week, tell them there is no way you can do that. Get them down to $3 a week. They do it to get you inthe door in the hopes you'll buy the other products.

Then just hold firm on what you are willing to buy. I too like the Take Off Juice and since I no longer have a center (I was part of the Pure centers) I really miss it and will be buying from ebay. I bought some of the lites, when they went on big time sale I would buy what I could afford and then us Luna Bars when I was running low, until another sale. Get you bars when you buy them though, just in case.

It works. Even doing most of this without my center (started on 15 Sept and center closed on 4 Jan), I have lost more than 100 lbs. It can be done, it is really all up to you.

Good Luck and yell when we can help.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote