3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   protein powder (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147344-protein-powder.html)

kaytlin90 07-25-2008 08:04 PM

protein powder

Where can I find protein powder ? Is there any in most grocery stores ? How much does it cost ? What can I do with it, can I just mixt it in my cereals ? Does it have a taste ?

FairyVickie 07-25-2008 09:42 PM

Kay :
Not sure where you live but most decent sized health food shops carry them. If you have a Whole Foods near you, can get them from there. Online best bet maybe. The Vitamin Shoppe has a massive selection. or just google protein shakes.
Many varieties. Whey, egg, hemp and rice. I am trying veganism from straight vegetarianism and use the rice one myself. I make it into a shake with almond milk. You can use juice or regular milk too, throw in some fruit if you choose, will be like a smoothie then.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

flnat 07-25-2008 11:01 PM

I just read an article about the benefits of Whey protein. Honestly, before this, I only thought Little Miss Muffett ate it with her curds. Can anyone give me any more information on it?

KimProbable 07-28-2008 12:42 AM

I buy soy protein at my grocery store in the vitamins and supplements section. I've also bought it at various health food stores.

I really only ever use it in smoothies. I throw some frozen fruit, a banana, some protein powder, and some Greens+ into the blender and blend it all together. With the protein powder I can sometimes use this as a nice and easy meal replacement or as a good snack for the kiddos.

I find there's a bit of a taste to the powder but I don't notice it when it's mixed with the smoothie.

I think a small bag of soy protein powder costs me around $15. I've bought big containers of whey protein powder for around $20 before but I've got issues with dairy so I switched to soy.

ndnguy85 07-28-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flnat (Post 2286886)
I just read an article about the benefits of Whey protein. Honestly, before this, I only thought Little Miss Muffett ate it with her curds. Can anyone give me any more information on it?

www-wheyoflife-org/faq-cfm
(replace the dash with dots..stupid 25 post rule!)

please ask if you have any questions.:)

OracleSlave 07-28-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flnat (Post 2286886)
Honestly, before this, I only thought Little Miss Muffett ate it with her curds.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aphil 07-29-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndnguy85 (Post 2289898)
www-wheyoflife-org/faq-cfm
(replace the dash with dots..stupid 25 post rule!)

please ask if you have any questions.:)

The 25 post rule is there, to stop people from coming here who do not want to participate in the forums-only joining it so they can immediately start advertising their book/website/product and spamming everyone.

andreaphilip3 07-31-2008 02:11 AM

ive a feeling that nd whatever is the lady in the article or else she wouldnt have posted that link.....too bad i reported it :lol: :lol: