3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Hey! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/147156-hey.html)

SaskNewfie 07-23-2008 09:11 PM

Hey!

Hey everyone...how's things? Yeah, I've been lurking around. I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I recently decided to give the low carb (aka Atkins) diet a shot (now I can eat as much chicken wings as I want!). I'll still be jumping back and forth between threads and see how things are going here. Who knows, if in a few weeks if I crack and need more carbs I could be back!

I've been all over the place trying to find a way to get down to my desired weight. My killer has always been (other than wings) picking at high-carb snacks while preparing supper. I'm hoping my next attempt will be more successful.

Anyway, I hope everyone's well and getting closer to your goals...take care!

Jason

Skullarix 07-23-2008 10:09 PM

Hello, welcome to 3FC, I'm new here myself.

When I did the Atkins diet, you can only have a few carbs a day on the first two weeks. After that I would get the Atkins approved "sweet" snacks and eat them or I would visit the diabetic isle in the store and buy sugar free treats. Keep in mind you will still have to limit those treats, because even though they have no sugar in them, the still have lots of calories.

JLem311 07-23-2008 10:52 PM

hey jason! long time, no see! glad to see you back and posting! :) dan will be happy to see you back! (as i'm sure other "oldies" will too!)

Repo girl 07-24-2008 12:32 AM

Hey Jason, good to see you!!!

Mama Nicole 07-24-2008 10:45 AM

Hey Jason! Good to see you. Have fun with all that meat! :lol:. DH does atkins and LOVES it cuz he loves meat. :lol:

SaskNewfie 07-24-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 2284411)
Hey DH does atkins and LOVES it cuz he loves meat. :lol:

How is he doing on it? I've lost 12lbs since Sunday (4 1/2 to 5 days). I know 90% is probably water, but it looks good on the scales!

Mama Nicole 07-25-2008 12:19 AM

Oh, he is an a$$........he has been on it since Easter and has surpassed his goal already. He only needed to lose 25-30 pounds. He has just added all fruits and small amounts of whole grains. It really isn't much of a chore for him, as he is a cave man.

I think atkins works really well for men. Not having to limit oneself can be quite liberating when dieting. Just make sure you drink LOTS. Atkins can be VERY damaging to your kidneys if you don't flush, flush, flush. You are keeping up with the atkins portion of the forum, aren't you?

SaskNewfie 07-25-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 2285529)
You are keeping up with the atkins portion of the forum, aren't you?

Yeah, I've made a stop there...thanks!