Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 165/153/125

Height: 4'11"

Per Sensewear this morning:
The order form will be posted TODAY on their site. The reason for slow response is that they knew about the price decreases that were coming and they were holding off on sending order forms so that they could offer the best deal.

So, I called early this morning and got right thru to the CSR. Here's the price:
$348 for the armband and display
$18.95/mo for the subscription which progressively gets cheaper if you buy several months at a time: $119.40/ 12 months

They've been swamped with calls simply from word of mouth. Now, that says something!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #182  
GoWear Fit

I paid $459 for my SenseWear armband, display and six months free subscription on August 27th.

It kind of looks like a marketing gimmick to me as $348 plus a six months subscription at $18.50/month equals $459. If you buy a years subscription at $119.40 ($9.95 a month), that is where your overall savings will occur after your initial investment.

BTW, I saw on another site a video where Jillian explains how she uses the BB on the this season's Biggest Loser. She calculates 1200 calories for women with a 4000 calorie burn, and 1800 calories with a 5000 calorie burn for men. Jillian also stated that she likes to do one third each fat, carbs and protein on a plate (a 300 calorie meal would have 100 calories each of fat, carbs and protien). Interesting.

Last edited by browncat; 09-23-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #183  

Default I have the order form

I have a copy of the order form if anyone would like it and also the name/phone number of a rep. Please PM if you would like it. The rep I have been talking to is great. The order form is for the lower price.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #184  

Default Ordered

Well I just placed an order with for two armbands from Sensewear. I was able to make contact with a representative who is very friendly and helpful. I can't wait to get them.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. I just found this thread and thought I'd chime in.

I have a BodyBugg and used it for about 2 months. I think it's a good tool and can be helpful, but I stopped using it and won't use it again. In fact I've thought about selling mine for cheap but I'm not sure if anyone would buy it since they'd have to reset everything for themselves.

Anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
Does everyone feel like it was money well spent, or have there been any negatives?
I won't say I have negatives about it, but I suppose after using it I feel that it's overpriced and a bit unnecessary. After 2 months of being consistent with my exercise and caloric intake, the BB really wasn't telling me anything new. Some people like to see the hard numbers, which I can understand how the BB and SW are appealing, but I guess I'm not one of those. So as long as I'm having a deficit I'm good! And I can tell that by my weekly official weigh-in.

I have a good idea of how much my body burns without exercise, so at this point in my life I feel that a HR monitor will work better for me.

Also by the end of my 2 months I hated wearing that thing. Now I wore it 24/7 except in the water, so maybe I could have just cut back. But I have to say that the thought of putting that thing back on for hours and hours now makes me cringe.

The sensors didn't bother me, but the band irritated my skin often.

Again, I think the BB/SW is a great tool for anyone who wants to see the hard numbers. I also think it can be very motivating for anyone who might not really know where they are with caloric intake and caloric burn. Knowing you ate 3000 calories but have only burned 2000 certainly gets one's attention.

It's just not for me anymore. I hope I haven't put anyone off, this is just my personal experience with the BB.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 226/185/155

Height: 5.5'

I can't post a PM because I've just joined and don't have enough posts!!

I wonder why they are suddenly swamped with interest? I found them only because of this thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #187  

I sent in my order form. I'm SO excited! I've been studying them for so long that I just can't wait!

I also understand MotoMichelle's issues. I worry that after a few months, I'll quit using it for one reason or another. Or it irritates my arm or my skin or my psyche! (Please please please I hope it doesn't do that! I can't stomach spending this much money for a dud device that makes me crazy!)

I was really successful with WW...but then the yo-yo started. No matter how hard I track my intake and my activity, I yo-yo. Maybe combining the knowledge and behaviors learned from WW with the SW tool, I can be successful again--and keep it off for good.

I only need to shed 30 pounds to be where I want to be.... Cross your fingers that this will be just the right thing to keep me focused!

Last edited by thinkingthin; 09-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #188  

Default Sensewear Order Form

The order form that SW sends is an .xls file--and that is not a supported format to attach on this forum. So, here's the .pdf version.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf WMS_Consumer_Order_Form_v5.pdf (66.3 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by thinkingthin; 09-23-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #189  

Default Ordered a day too early!!

Over the weekend I made the decision that on Monday I was going to call/email Bodymedia and order the Sensewear vs. the Bodybugg.

On Monday morning I emailed them and ask about the new reduced price that was reported on this thread earlier.

A couple of hours later I received a standard reply with an order form attached with the $399 price---this was on Monday, 9-22-08'

Now, just one day later, I see the new order form with the reduced price!!!

My credit card has not been charged and I have not received any notification that the order has been processed. I just sent them an email asking if there were any differences in the original product/plan that was offered at $399 and the new product/plan that was now being offered at $359.
Also, ask which price I would be charged. I hope they email me back soon!!!

I won't be happy if the items are exactly the same and I end up paying the higher price, but I will deal with it!!

Can anyone tell me how long it took for their Sensewear to arrive after placing an order.

Thanks for all the information and posts!!!! It really helped me to make a decision.

Karen
Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #190  

kmoore36, call them first thing in the morning.

I called this morning at 8:00 a.m. Eastern and got right through. I talked to Susan, who was super nice, and she told me that she is there at 6:00 a.m. Eastern and that the best time to call was early because the phone starts ringing off the hook later in the day. She was hoping that the order form would be posted on their site today so that it would help cut down on the calls of those just asking about the price. She said that the flood of recent calls is because of all the blogging about the price drop--especially since one of the members here (browncat, as I recall) posted a lower purchase price within the last day or so--even with some of us receiving the forms with the higher price--just like you. So, I checked their site tonight and figured that they must not have been able to accomplish the task of posting their form like they wanted, ...heh heh heh... So I posted it here.

So, give them a call early in the morning, kmoore36--especially since the form that I received today and posted today says "Effective Sep 22, 2008"--the very day you ordered.

Last edited by thinkingthin; 09-23-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #191  
GoWear Fit

thinkingthin, it wasn't me who posted about the price reduction on the SW armband, I paid $459 with six months subscription free.

I did post that I was told that the subscription price was going to be reduced.

However, if you carefully read my post from yesterday, you will see that the armband and display with the subscription price has not really been reduced, it only appears that way:

"It kind of looks like a marketing gimmick to me as $348 plus a six months subscription at $18.50/month equals $459."

The only way you are going to have a reduced price is to pay for a full years subscription up front ($119.40).
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #192  

I finally got an email reply with a link to their site for ordering.

Armband with digital display, USB, clip, wrist strap and manuals - $399 (no subscription here)

60 day subscription - $40

180 day subscription - $120

360 day subscription - $240

Seems to me they can't get things in any form of consistency. This is the same information that was on my form dated in August (with a correction for the one-year subscription).

the whole system with 6 months is $519 now plus tax not $459 as posted by browncat

the whole system with 12 months is $639 not $467.40 (taxes not included because it will vary by where you are)

$171 difference is a lot considering it is all on the same day!!

I think I'd print the form posted here and send it in.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #193  

It occurs to me that the email I got may have been not been a response to my email to sensewear but actually that they are a third party vendor and got my email from here or another blog somewhere. It is one I've seen where people have complained of them selling on people's personal blogs. And the prices are so much higher than that order form effective by SenseWear WMS on MONDAY!! sounds suspicious now, so I forwarded it to sensewear and asked if it was legit.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #194  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

ok i am confused now. haha

it was 459 before with display and 6 months.

now it's 359 with no subscription??

isnt that more expensive, not cheaper?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #195  
I Ride Like A Girl!

to make it even *more* confusing the price that i have been given from SW everytime is around $459 with only ONE month membership. (that is the display, armband, one month at $20, and tax/shipping)
Closed Thread