Slim-fast Wanna Be Needs Advice

• I'm Sure I'm Not Where I Need To Be But Here It Goes. I Would Like To Start The Slim-fast Plan But Not Sure Where To Begin. I Tried Their Web Site But Seems To Be Down. Everyone Here Seems To Know More About Weight Loss Solutions Anyways. My Mom Lost Alot Of Weight Years Ago And Kept It Off With Slim-fast. My Problem Is How Many Calories To Start With And What Foods To Eat. Should I Just Go With A Simple Low Calorie Diet Or Low Fat. I've Tried Too Many Diets And Gimmics To Trust My Own Opinion Anymore. If Anyone Can Give Advice It Would Be Wonderful.
  • Slim fast would be great and you don't have to stick with a certain number of calories per day etc as long as you are a person who doesn't require a strict plan. basically you have a bar or shake for breakfast and lunch (healthy snack or bar in between) and then a healthy dinner. no counting etc required course you can do variations as well depending on how much you need to lose.
  • Hi 3DMOM and Welcome to 3FC and to Slimfast! We have a really great Slimfast site going and you can check it out here. You will get lots of good information and support. Check it out here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146108

Everyone has been such a big help and there are a few who are just starting out too. Hope to see you over there.
  • I used SF to lose, usually at breakfast and lunch along with calorie counting. Now that I am at goal I still use SF to maintain my loss. I usually have SF at breakfast, sometimes I make a smoothie by adding a small banana or a few small strawberries.
  • Spryng - the SF Plan has changed a lot over the past few years and the plan is no longer "a shake (or bar) for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner" The old plan left many a person starving thru the day and ravished at night. The plan has adjusted (as well as the shakes) to be more filling and is a calorie counting plan these days. If you or anyone has any questions, the plan is listed on all the boxes and on the website.