Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #16  
3D MOM

S/C/G: 245/233/145

Height: 5'2"

Default slim-fast

Thanks Karen31. I'll check out fitday. I'm starting my "healthy makeover" today. No more saying the dirty little "D" word for me. It's too scary. The new plan slim-fast has is really alot different, you can actually eat. I can do this! (But it's nice to know I don't have to alone!)
3D MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #17  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Karen & 3D Mom - I find that www.thedailyplate.com has a lot more every day items and name brands and was much easier for me personally to work with than fitday...just in case you want to check out something different....

MarleysMama - Glad to hear that you are doing well at the beginning of your journey. Keeping a positive attitude and keeping things manageable are definitely key to staying on track. Being too extreme just causes binges. Let us know exactly what you are eating thru the day and maybe we can give you some tips to make things even better for you!

As far as wraps go - La Tortilla Factory wraps are great - only 100 calories and something between 12-14 grams of fiber/wrap - it's amazing - I hope you can find those - i got them at Walmart....they come in lots of yummy flavors and are not dried out tasting like so many wraps out there. Keep an eye on the sodium in your lunch meat. Turkey is usually lower than ham....but it's still on the high side. I love lunch meat - but I've found that Boar's Head Brand has a lot of stat's available and that they are much better than some of the other brands out there. Also be cautious of what type of cheese you are using - if it is American - then it is going to be very processed and very high sodium - I love American - but made the switch about 6 months ago to lower soidum varieties - almost any other kind (Swiss, Muenster, Cheddar, Colby Jack, Mozzarella, Gouda) have much lower sodium counts. It can be annoying if you don't like to read labels when shopping, but I enjoy it and now I hardly ever have to read a label.

Well folks, I'm down 2lbs this morning - I can hardly believe it because I was hoping to be at 158 lbs (I weigh daily and have been at 159lbs for about a week)...I kept thinking it would be down soon...but it wasn't moving, although I was feeling "lighter"...well this morning it did it and now I only have 2lbs to go until I hit my original goal of 155lbs!!! I may adjust my goal down to 145lbs as time permits to focus on losing another 10lbs...but I am honestly 100% happy with my WL journey and am very proud of what I've done in what feels like so little time with so little effort. I 100% would not be here without the help of 3FC. It has been my educational and supportive resource for everything that I've done along the way. You don't know what you are missing if you are just lurking around this board.

Well folks, gotta get ready for the gym! Have a good one!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back T! Congrats on the wedding...the photos are GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on keeping your weight in check...

I have been missing from 3FC recently... I had a relapse... I kept telling myself that I lost 27 lbs...I got cocky!!! Go get that pint of ice cream... go to Arby's, etc. Well, I am fortunate to have only fluctuated back and forth 2 pounds but I am recommiting today!! I am back on track. No more sneaking food. Slimfast shake for breakfast, meal on the go bar for lunch, sensible dinner, two snacks, etc.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #19  
is baaaad to the bone!

Didj - good job getting back here - even though I'm only 2lbs from goal - I plan to use 3FC to help maintain (and SF and our SF Thread!)...I just don't know what I would do without the support I receive here.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #20  

To be honest, I have been drinking slimfast for breakfast for the better part of 10 years... suppose the other portions of my day just got out of control... BUT... I am finally back on track after two weeks of not so good choices. I finally had a 1200 calorie day yesterday thanks to my shake and meal-on-the-go bar.

I CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #21  

Gator:

CONGRATS on your success!! I bet if feels amazing to reach your goal... I have no doubt that those last two pounds will be gone momentarily Do you have anything special planned when you reach goal??
Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #22  
is baaaad to the bone!

Didj - Anything special planned when I reach goal? Besides actually taking some photos and posting them in the "Goal" section here at 3FC, I haven't thought of anything. I've been buying tons of new clothes in a fabulous size 8 - started out at a size 18!!! I really do feel good about my loss and can't wait to show off my body some more. It really feels good!!! You aren't that far from your goal yourself!!! You'll be there in no time!

Ladies - I'm leaving at 5am for Savannah, GA & Linville, NC - so I'll be outta here until Wednesday/Thursday...keep your heads up high and I'll check in as soon as I can when I get home!

Have a good one
~A
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #23  

Ok, a so-so weekend. Saturday I just had to do it... went and got a burger with cheese.... boy, was it good. Was it the right thing to do...NO! But Saturday's are normally my day off. Today, I substituted my slim-fast shake for breakfast with a nice bowl of cereal. Sometimes it is just plain ole good to chew something I am having a good Sunday!!

I have a new way to occupy my mind and not think about food. I finally made the switch from PC to Mac. I bought a new MacBook last week and I have been playing and having fun with it. It isn't as scary as I thought to switch from a PC. Of course, some things are different but nothing that isn't easy to figure out...

How was everyone else's weekend??
Old 07-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #24  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hey Ladies - I'm back! I had a great time on my vacation and really enjoyed the cooler weather and hiking that I got in. I ate some really rich foods, but managed to lose a whole pound while I was gone. I didn't take SF with me because I just knew that I could live without it...I ate healthy breakfasts of eggs and toast most days and kept Fiber One Chewy Oats & Chocolate bars with me so I could get some fiber in...which was difficult, even though I had lots of salads and fresh fruit on my trip.

Well, I will get some photos up shortly...only 1 more pound to go!
~A
Old 07-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #25  
is baaaad to the bone!

I met my goal (actually surpassed it!) yesterday and am still there today - so I'm calling it! I'm home free...hahah - not exactly - I'm still planning to go down a few more pounds and of course mainteance will be tons of fun...but I'm just soooo happy to be here!

Thanks for all of your help and support!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW! Congrats Amanda!! I hope to be able to say that one day too. I've been a little frustrated lately with trying to get the house and 5th wheel sold and kind of gave in to stress eating for a bit. But I think I'm back on track now once again. We did sell the 5th wheel and now if we can get the house sold and moved I know things will get better.

Have a great night and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #27  
is baaaad to the bone!

Karen - congrats on getting the 5th wheel sold - that's one less burden!

I've written my goal story and posted photos...it's all in my signature line if anyone cares to see it

Hope everyone is staying on track and doing well!

~A
Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #28  

Amanda, I just read your story and you are just awesome! I get to feeling like I just can't get back on track ever since we got back from vacation and then I read your story and it motivates me to try harder. You've got to be so very proud! And we are proud of you! Your pictures are wonderful and love the changes in your smile!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #29  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hey Karen - the good news is you can and will get back on track! You are sure to see the 140's shortly, I'm sure of it! You have very steadily picked along at your weightloss journey and never given up - that's a sure sign of a winner! Yes, you've been on vacation a lot and been busy packing - but hey...packing is a lot of burned calories, I'm sure!

In any case...don't give up, you'll see your magic number soon enough!

Where is everyone else? It's back to just me and Karen I guess....of course, I'm so glad you are here with me Karen!
~A
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #30  

Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I just have to get back into a decent routine again but it seems once I get going something happens and I get off track for a few days again. I guess that is called life! I just try to tell myself I'm like the "Unsinkable Molly Brown" You just can't keep me down!!

Hey Everyone!! Where are did you go? Come back and let us know how things are going for you.

We got an offer on the house last night but it just wasn't even acceptable at all. They wanted to buy it but rent until 2010!! HELLO!! We need the equity out of our house to buy another one in MO. Something will happen soon though I'm just sure of it.

Have a GREAT DAY!!