Take off with Grapefruit vs. oranges???

• Has anyone attempted take off using grapefruit? I know that there have been posts about using 4 oranges per day, but I decided to try using 2 grapefruit - it is an obscene amount of fruit! I am out of takeoff juice and don't like the knudsens or the hollywood diet juice... I thought of trying the knudsens and adding pineapple juice to make it taste more like take off??? I'm hooked on the takeoff and sad that it costs so much!
  • i've done the TO with grapefruit before and i liked it better than the juice or oranges. but i'm also a huge fan of grapefruits.
  • I did it with oranges and I liked it I think I lost like 4 lbs when I did it.
  • (rolling dice) c'mon 4lbs!!!! wish me luck!
  • How many oranges?
  • I think it was 4 - I ran out of grapefruit and so today I brought 5 oranges - they were really small.
  • I've done both oranges and grapefruits... and cantaloupes and juice... LOL... I've done take offs all sorts of ways.... Grapefruit can be sort of messy if you have to take it to work with you. that is the main reason I tend towards using oranges lately. It is just less mess. I did have great results with the grapefruit, but I think that is sometimes just where you are at the time when you do it.... If your body is ready to drop the weight, then it goes... if your body is just stubbornly holding on to the pounds... then sometimes a take off is just not going to help.
  • Did takeoff mostly because I was feeling a little constipated, probably needed a little extra fruit anyway. It fixed that problem, but the scale is only .4 lower - now at 145.0, which is fine by me.
  • Congrats Julie.
  • I have been told that eating one cantelope for each day on take off would do t it workhe same thing. Don't know ifs, thats just what I have been told.
  • Quote: I have been told that eating one cantelope for each day on take off would do t it workhe same thing. Don't know ifs, thats just what I have been told.

Just this september (2008) I was told by a counsellor at LA that 1 canteloupe a day works too.

I'm glad you guys have had success with grapefruit - I might try canteloupe one day and grapefruit the next. Mmm.

It was my anniversary and I had a lovely (rich) dinner, so now it's takeoff for me.
  • I used cantaloupe.
  • Quote: Just this september (2008) I was told by a counsellor at LA that 1 canteloupe a day works too.

I'm glad you guys have had success with grapefruit - I might try canteloupe one day and grapefruit the next. Mmm.

It was my anniversary and I had a lovely (rich) dinner, so now it's takeoff for me.
    I used the canteloupe one day and grapefruit the next. Worked for me.
  • i have also done it with all three....this is what i do...i peel the oranges and grapefruit and put them in a bowl or ziploc bag so that all the juices mix...then you can just grab it when you need it....usually when i start feeling weak...
  • I am unclear. Do you eat 4 oranges, unlimited greens, 2 lunas (ll) and 6 ounces of protein /2 breakfast/2 lunch/2 dinner? Also water? Instead of the juice?

Or you do the same using either 2 grapefruit or a whole cantaloupe per day?

Just trying to figure this out. I can't find the TO substitute juice anywhere anymore..

Tanner