Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie as well. Started LAWL about a month ago and things have been tough. I went from a very strict diet (Bernstein's Diet actually) to LAWL and I actually gained some weight when I first started. Now it is slowly coming off key word being slowly. I seem to bounce back and fourth between 201-205. It is very frustrating! Plus I am not able to exercise since I dislocated my patella and I'm waiting to see a surgeon in September to see if I have to have surgery. Any suggestions would be wonderful!
honi986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #32  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Dan, that was a great list. I'm about 6 weeks in and I'm going to tape that to my office fridge for some inspiration. (I need it right now)

Has anyone gone from the express plan to the free to live plan and seen a stall? I think I'm going back to the more restrictive menu at least through the summer. I think I have too many options right now and just need to focus on the more stringent side of things.

Hope eveyone's week is starting to end well.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #33  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

by the way, welcome new people. I'm a happy lurker on the board.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #34  
LAWL Salt Police

OH.... I had one more that is REALLY for you newbies...

11. You will eat more to lose... It's the toughest concept of the plan to deal with. Your mind will have a hard time wrapping around the fact that many of you will actually be eating more than you're used to.. The difference is that instead of snacking on crappy things, you'll be eating full meals of good things. You may start to skimp on things, thinking that will help.. DON'T!!!! Once your body gets used to the increased amount of good foods, if you start reducing that amount, it will go into a slight "starvation mode" and start to retain whatever you put into it, good OR bad...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #35  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi again.... I just wanted to stop by to tell you all that... Its another BOY! Wow, me and a house full of boys, Its going to be fun!! lol
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #36  
LAWL Salt Police

Very cool Kimberly!! Nothing like a house full of boys who will take care of you later in life!! We boys love our moms!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #37  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Congrats Kimberly!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #38  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

How exciting, Kimberly!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimberly, I bet your two sons will be great good friends, so that is good. I think girls often are easier when they are little and boys can be easier when they are teens, but each child is different, so who knows... I just can't believe that you are halfway through already.

Dan, I need to read your rules too. I found eating more times a day to be a huge key to sticking with it. If you eat 5 times a day, you tend to not get hungry, so you stick with it.

durdansgirl, If you are finding the extra choices are leading you astray, then go back to the more restrictive plan. Perhaps your body is just taking a small breather before it lets go of some more weight. I thought I had stalled many times on my weight loss journey, but in fact I just needed more patience. Some weeks are going to be good and some bad. Watch your salt intake, since many times I got frustrated, it was more that I had eaten something salty and not realized it. It is in all sorts of unexpected things, and you can retain a lot of water, probably in the summer with the heat the tendency to retain extra liquids is more pronounced. The fake salt also helps keep water weight retention down. You might consider drinking some hot lemon water, or eating asparagus for your vegetables if you suspect you are retaining some extra water.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

The only one I don't agree with on Dan's list is #5 - lock up your home scale. If you are anything like me, the anxiety of not knowing what their scale will say is just too much for me. I've got to know beforehand if I did good. I weigh at the same time and stop eating at exactly the same time before weigh in to avoid fluctuations - just keeps me sane. I know, it sounds a little coo-coo, but what can I do...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #41  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in, since i haven't since tues. i haven't been doing well since tues afternoon. i got some not-so great news and i haven't barely been able to pull myself out of bed since then. it's been a struggle. so needless to say, i have only gotten in one workout this week and don't even ask me about being on plan. i just need to snap out of it and/or give myself time to digest this new information that was given to me on tues.

ok..well, i don't wanna be a downer, so yeah..just thought i'd tell everyone where i've been...just hiding, i guess.

hope everyone has had a good week. i'll check back in tomorrow sometime.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #42  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Jillian! Your picture is sooo awesome! Look at you almost to goal! Yay! I am so proud!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #43  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
Jillian! Your picture is sooo awesome! Look at you almost to goal! Yay! I am so proud!!
thanks kimberly! that really made me smile. congrats on finding out about your little man!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #44  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I hope you are all having a nice week. It was so hot here yesterday, clear up into the 90's, but today it is supposed to stay in the high 70's, so that will be good. I will actually feel like making dinner, LOL.

Have a great day all!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #45  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Good Morning! Things are going fine here. I had a little "slip up" earlier this week, but I am back on track now. (It only took me 2 days to get back to where I was )

Katie - I never feel like making supper (although I must admit that Deb's cookbook has been a life saver!)

Jillian - Hugs sweetie! I hope things start to look up for you!

Kimberly - Congratulations!! Boys are so much fun!! My boys are 17 months apart and they truly are best buddies!!!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote