almond as a source of proteins enough ?

• Is eating almond as a source of proteins enough ? How much a day should I eat given it's mostly my only source of proteins right now.
  • According to the menu planner I use, almonds have 836 calories per cup, with 28 grams of protein and 74 grams of fat. You would need to eat 2 cups to get a reasonable amount of daily protein for 1670 calories and about twice the fat that a regular eating plan would recommend.

Is there a reason why you are relying on only almonds for protein?
  • No, it's not. What other limitations do you have? Maybe we could help you by suggesting other foods.
  • There are so many whole, natural foods that are great sources of protein. I am interested in what the answers to the questions above are, so that more suggestions can be made!
  • Quote: According to the menu planner I use, almonds have 836 calories per cup, with 28 grams of protein and 74 grams of fat. You would need to eat 2 cups to get a reasonable amount of daily protein for 1670 calories and about twice the fat that a regular eating plan would recommend.

Is there a reason why you are relying on only almonds for protein?
    And if you were eating 2 cups of almonds at 1670 calories, there wouldn't be much room (calorie wise) to eat anything else. And obviously, that's just not an option.

So yes, please, give us a little more info so that we can make some more suggestions.
  • Oh..didn't know there was this much calories in those. I generally do not eat a lot of them though....it's just that i dont eat red meat at all..i seldom eat fish (read maybe once every two weeks or once a week) or chicken.

the only thing other than that which i eat beside nuts and those two items above are : cow milk, soy milk, tofu sausage which of course i dont eat everyday. i dont think i eat much other things beside that which have proteins..i dont like to eat whole grain pasta...i just hate them...
  • Since you aren't vegetarian or vegan, as long as you eat a variety of foods, you shouldn't need to worry.
  • Yogurt, eggs, low-fat cheese, beans, lentils, etc. Protein isn't that hard to add to the diet (vegetarian for 26+ years). Nuts HAVE protein, but they also have a lot of FAT. While a few nuts are a great addition to your daily diet, please look to other sources for your daily protein needs. If processed foods aren't taboo for you - MSF and Boca and Gardenburger have some great soy-based products with ample protein content.