Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default La Weightloss #47

Hi Everyone:
I think we need a new one.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:07 PM   #2  

Hi All:
I have not been doing so well staying on program. I have gotten myself stuck in this binging cycle that I keep repeating over and over. I am at the point to where I need to take things a day at a time. The councelor let me have some extra weeks when I bought my vitamins the other day so that is a good thing.
Just wanted to say I am still here just not as often at this point.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Diane I
04/06/01 201
05/15/02 144
goal 135
Old 05-17-2002, 03:36 PM   #3  

HI Diane and good to see you. I know it's harder to post when you're having difficulties, so you're awfully brave. I know you'll find the strength to finish up, and we'll all be here for you either way.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:56 AM   #4  

Diane-
Thanks for the new thread. It was nice of the counselor to give you extra weeks. You have given them enough money as it is!! I guess they make their money on LA Lites and Supplements anyway, not the program costs. I hope taking things one day at a time really helps you. You are SOOO close to your goal...it is well within reach if you just concentrate on the task at hand.

I did really well at staying on plan this week. I missed a few fruit, but overall did pretty well. I weighed in up 0.4 lbs. But it is that time of the month, so I am not suprised. I bet when I go in next Saturday I will be down a lb or two. Have to wait and see!!!

Take care all...have a great weekend!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:18 AM   #5  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry Checking In

Well, I must admit that I am really pleased. I have just started with LA Weight Loss, and I love what I am experiencing (so far). I've been doing the program for a week and a half, with a 5 pound loss. This is the first weight loss program that has ever worked for me, and the personal visits really keep me on my toes.

I have a long way to go, but I am optimistic. Currently, my goal weight is set to 145, but I think I'll go for 135 if they allow me to make that adjustment.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:21 AM   #6  

Bunny and Jibbelle:
Thanks for the the support . I feel like I am being tested. If I make it through this tough time I am having, I can make through anything. Those bad habits can come back and take over quickly and boy are they hard to get rid of again.
Jibbelle I am glad you are doing well staying on program.
Welcome Joy it is a great program and I do love the one on one, I don't think I would have made this far being in a big group.
Have a great week everyone.
Diane
04/06/01 201
05/19/01 146.8
goal 135
Old 05-20-2002, 02:06 PM   #7  

Well, i hope everyone is doing well. I was *horrible* yesterday! This is why I can't drink -- I eat the planet the next day. I started adding it up on FitDay, and when I got to 4200 calories, I just gave up and moved on. I'm back on track today, although it's hard to eat when, quite frankly, there's no food left in town. I have to say though, that I'm really pleased with my new ability to screw up, but then let it go and get back to business. Normally I would just give up and puss out. I think the therapist is what's helping me out.

I'm still exhausted. Pardon the rambling...
Old 05-21-2002, 11:21 AM   #8  

Default 123breathe

I have a question -- has anyone used the breathasize tape? I've never even opened mine.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:31 AM   #9  
LAWL Center Manager

Cool Breathasize

I have never used the Breathasize tape. I did look at it once, but it is sooooo boring. I prefer to stick to my own aerobics tapes and exercise plans. They're a little more lively. For those who may find this too difficult, I would suggest water aerobics or the Walk Off the Pounds tapes. Those are also very simple, but much more effective. Yoga and Pilates are good, too, while low impact.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #10  

I use a really mean trainer, Joy -- that's what keeps me going

Still working towards my May 31 mini-goal of 155! And hey, didja notice? 10 pounds down!

l Woohoo! How are you guys doing? xYTx? Diane? Jibbelle?
l
l
l
l
l
V
Old 05-22-2002, 04:54 PM   #11  

I am exhausted...I have been working so many hours....not only mentally exhausted but physically. I need a new job...

TOM is on the way out the door, so I am hoping when I weigh in Saturday I will be down.

10 lbs is awesome bunny! You are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up!!!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 04:10 PM   #12  

Hey Bunny:
Great Job! 10 Pounds.
I have been behaving myself. Yesterday was a tough day I wanted stuff, but I fought it and I actually feel pretty good today.
Jibbelle you sound really beat. I hope today was a better day.
The weather here was great today, I hope we have a nice weekend. My husband turned 40 today and I am giving him a party on Sunday and I am hoping it does not rain.
How is the weekend going to be for everyone, I just want to have nice weekend without worrying about food, I just can't let it be so important and have a good time.
My niece is up gotta go.
Diane I
04/06/01 201
05/23/02 145
goal 135
Old 05-23-2002, 06:13 PM   #13  

This recipe is on the LA Weight Loss website:

Marinade:
- 1 tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. sugar free apricot preserves
- 2 tsp. hot-pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder (optional)

Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1-inch squares

Marinade: Whisk oil, rice wine, soy, preserves, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, scallions, 1/2 tbsp. of the sesame seeds, and if using, five-spice powder, in medium-size bowl. Chicken: Add chicken and peppers to marinade. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, or heat gas grill to hot, or heat oven broiler. Thread 6 oz. or 8 oz. chicken according to plan on metal skewer, alternating with 1/2 green pepper. Grill kabobs, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Arrange on platter and sprinkle top with remaining sesame seeds.

All is well here...just busy!

Diane-
It sounds as if you are doing well...keep it up. Hope you hubby has a wonderful birthday!!
Old 05-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #14  

Tomorrow is weigh in!! *keeping fingers crossed*

anyone down this week???
Old 05-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #15  

Hey that recipe sounds great!

Well, I went kayaking today instead of weighing in, so I'll let you guys know how I'm doing on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Jen
Closed Thread