Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 07:07 PM   #46  

Diane-
I usually have a bar for breakfast and then a bar or shake for an afternoon snack. I have been using the soups for dinner meals when I get home late from work and it is dinner time. I come home, start dinner and eat...so I dont really think about missing my treat.

I am working on a presentation for class on Tuesday. After I give it I am finished for the semester! WOOHOO I do not start summer session until June so I have a little over a month off. It will be sooo nice. I am also on vacation the last week of april/first of may. I can not wait!!! I am going to kick it off by going with my parents to their place at the lake next weekend. Hopefully the weather is nice and I can have some fun in the sun! I am not sure what the rest of my vacation will consist of. I have a bunch of projects around the house I want to do. Maybe I will do a few of those. My boyfriend has to work, he may take one day off so we can go to the zoo and science center. Other than that...a whole week of MarcieTime! YIPPEE! I need that sometimes.

I am going to decide on a mini goal over the next couple days. I have not had one in a while and I think they help me. Will post it soon!

I have been bagging up all of my clothes from last summer. I was wearing a size 26....now I am in a 20! I can not believe it! I went and bought 3 pairs of shorts and 5 tops. Hopefully they last me for a while. The next time I buy jeans/shorts they will be 18s and I am out of the fat lady clothing section!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:33 AM   #47  

Default WW, bars, working, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jibelle -- that is so exciting to be so close to another clothing size! Woohoo!

Quitting smoking has been.. o.k. so far. I'm not sure if food actually tastes better or if I just feel compelled to put a bunch more of it my mouth

I had actually scheduled a liposuction appointment because I was so frustrated with losing weight, but I wanted to lose 20 pounds first. When I wasn't even getting close, a friend pointed out how much personal training I could get for the same price. And she was right -- I can have a personal trainer for THREE YEARS for the same price as losing 3 pounds through lipo. That's why I bit the bullet and headed back to LAWL. I have to say though, that since the working out has graduated me from the gold plan to the red plan, it's a lot easier to stay on course. When I was on the gold plan, I would eneter what I ate every day on fitday.com, and it averaged 950-1050 calories a day. Pretty tough to live by.

To the person considering the program -- Personally, I find it really hard to give up the foods I love and consider this more of a termporary punishment than a lifelong sentence. I'm hoping getting a cook book and actually whipping up a few dishes will help. Being single and working a lot (I'm supposed to have a regular 9-6 job, but Wednesday I went in at 8:30 am and didn't get home until 11:30 the next morning!) I have to force myself to cook.

I decided to supplement all this jazz by seeing a therapist so that maybe I could control the underlying need to smoke/binge out/etc. The funny thing is, you're supposed to save so much money not smoking. Now, I have a therapist, a trainer, a diet program.... ha ha.

But if you have a lot of time to devote and/or get motivated by the prospect of having your weight frowned/smiled at by an impartial observer, I definitely think it can work.

Hmmm, maybe it doesn't sound like it, but I am very optimistic about this go around. Maybe it's the sarcastic hour of the night! Ha ha.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week. Treat yourself to a chocolate crunch amd a glass of skim milk (mmm) and be your beautiful selves!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:43 AM   #48  

Bunny-
I am sooooo glad you have decided against lipo. It is very dangerous and the weight will come back over time if you do not eat healthy. I think the personal trainer is a wonderful idea!!! I think that is what I am going to treat myself to when I get to 75 lbs lost. By then I need I will be in need of a good workout routine.

It sounds as if you work hours likek mine! I find it really hard to eat right on those long days/nights too. I often dont expect to be at work that long and I end up running out to grab food, eating nothing, or eating out of the vending machine! Hopefully things are slowing down now though...so work will not be so hectic.

I forgot to post that I maintained last week. I was the exact same as the week before. I am not going to complain since I did have a good on plan week. I will do better this week.

Take care all!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:52 PM   #49  

Default Started today

I went into LA Weightloss this morning and decided to join. Does anyone have any tips for the 3 day express start?
Also, a question about the supplements? Does anyone like them/suggest them, etc.... I almost fell on the floor when she told me the price of over $70 for one of them.
Hope everyone doesn't mind an addition to your happy family!
Old 04-22-2002, 04:45 PM   #50  

So glad you joined...the more the merrier!!!

When I first started the plan I used all the supplements, but not now. I buy my own one a day vitamins and calcium tablets at the drug store. The only thing I buy from LA is the FB500. I only take them occassionally when I am eating catered meals at work or eating out at a restaurant that isnt in the dining out guide. If you are on birth control pills do not take the trimax plus....but the tri max is ok. You can buy lots of EFA (essential fatty acid) supplements at the health food stores or even drug stores, but I do not know if it is cheaper. I know a lot of people buy from the center just because it is convienent. I do agree with you though, they get expensive!!! If you have particular questions about certain supplements I have taken them all...as have others...so feel free to ask!!!

Diane does the take off/express all the time! She is our resident expert on it. Any words of wisdom her?

Are you drinking the juice and eating protein and green veggies?
Old 04-22-2002, 05:46 PM   #51  

Default supplements

I don't take any. Even though I have no qualms about going under the knife (go figure), I get kind of hinky about putting other stuff in my body.

In other news, wonderful weigh-in today with a 5 lb loss over my initial one last Wednesday! But I have got to find some way to avoid dealing with those women who sit there and frown at your book and make up new rules. I'm like, I'm losing weight -- don't freak out on me if I have a lean cuisine. If you don't want me to have on, take them off the plan. Don't spaz out if I eat too many vegetables at one meal. Is it not rigorous enough that you have to start making up new rules just to turn me into an obsessive compulsive nut! Mua ha ha ha ha! I am the LAWL monster!!!!! Bleah!

Hee hee. I think I'm having a sugar crash. Ta ta. Or maybe I shouldn't have had those jalapenos on my Subway chicken w/ 1/2 bread and salad...
Old 04-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #52  

Bunny you make me laugh! I totally understand the changing the rules thing. Congrats on the 5 lbs. That is great!!!! Keep doing what you are doing because it is working for you and that is important.

Subway sounds good...I have not had it in a long time. They just opened a new place not far from where I live called Teriyaki Bowls and Wraps. It is low fat, low calorie, no oil, fresh, healthy food. Lots of grilled meats, steamed veggies and such. They give you a bit too much rice in the bowls, but I just do not eat it all. I have not tried their salads or wraps yet, but they look very good. I am glad go have a place close by that we can eat out at on occassion. And it is cheap too!!!

I just finishd up my presentation and put it on a cd. After I run through it a couple more times I am ready for tomorrow! Then the sememster is over! WOOHOO Well...actually I have one more class after tomorrow, but it is more presentations and I just have to show up.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #53  

I have a question about the trimax. Does it curb your appetite? That's what I need.

I'm doing great on my second day. I go back in on Wednesday.
What should I expect on this appointment? Is it worth having my blood taken? I don't have a problem having them take it. Just wondering.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:20 PM   #54  

hi everyone! i haven't posted in a while .....i just found out i am 4 weeks pregnant.so i told la weightloss to hold my weeks until i have the baby...........my question is do you think it is alright to continue doing the plan for the 1 st trimester ,which is the 1 st 3 months........... ,take care ,i wish everyone luck and i will be back in january.......everyone will probably real skinny and there will be nobody posting anymore...................lol nikee,
Old 04-23-2002, 05:32 PM   #55  

The trimax is supposed to curb your appetite. I took it in the beginning and I thought it worked. I am not sure how or why, but it did. : ) About the blood...they took mine, but someone it got lost at the lab so I never got the results. They said they would take it at the end...and I could see how low my cholesterol was...as if I ever had a problem with it to begin with! They are a bit nutty sometimes. If you are curious, go for it. Cant hurt right?

I think the plan is very healthy for a pregnancy. Just make sure you are getting all the calcium and iron you need....so take those prenatal vitamins! What is better for you than lots of fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein?? Maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to talk the plan over with you OB/GYN, but I am guessing it would be good for you. By the way...CONGRATS!!!! Is this your first?
Old 04-23-2002, 08:55 PM   #56  

Red face

JIBBELLE,
I WISH THIS WAS MY 1ST BABY ..........ACTUALLY IT'S MY 5TH BABY..I AM DUE IN DECEMBER.................
Old 04-23-2002, 11:36 PM   #57  

5 kids?? WOW You must stay busy. What are their ages?

I have a boyfriend and a dog...they are as much as I can handle right now!!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:38 AM   #58  

jibelle,
my kids are 4,3,2, 4 months...................can you tell i like kids? thats enough ,hubby goes to dr on may 17 ,to get snipped...i am just really fertile . i was even taking the pill w/the 2nd child....
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #59  

They must keep you really busy!!! I cant even imagine. I bet they can be fun though.

I went to the center today to pick up bars and weigh in. I usually only go in on Saturdays, but I am leaving friday afternoon to go to my parents this weekend. I weighed the exact same as Saturday...but with my jeans and shoes on!!! I usually weigh in my workout clothes. I must be down at least a pound or two. WOOHOOO!
Closed Thread