Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #31  

Hi All:
I am glad I am not the only one. The three-day went pretty well I had a LA lite last night though. Hopefullly this got me past the binging stage.
I weigh in tomarrow.
Jibbelle what a long day, I thought my days were long. i watch my nephew and niece from 7:30am to 6:00pm then I bring them home.
Have a great day
Diane
04/06/01 201
04/10/02 143.4
goal 135
Old 04-11-2002, 11:24 AM   #32  

Good morning all--

I worked from 9am tuesday till 2am wednesday!!! I am just now getting ready to go back in. What a crazy week it has been. Only one more week of this and things should slow down. I am taking a week of vacation very soon!

Good luck at weigh in diane. I am scared for mine. I have been very stressed and on a crazy eating schedule (because of work). Hopefully it has not set me back too far. I will find out Saturday!
Old 04-11-2002, 07:43 PM   #33  

Hay there gals, I have some good news. I got a part-time job. I am so excited. It's only one day a week but it's better then nothing. I will be working for a company called mj jova. It's a coffee house if you couldn't tell by it's name. I start Sat and then this summer I will go full-time. I will keep you posted

Karen
Old 04-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #34  

Congrats one the new job Karen! I hope you enjoy it.

I am too lazy to cook tonight so I stopped at Wendy's and got a salad. I have never had one of there new ones...but I will let you know how it is. It takes some willpower to get a salad instead of a burger and fries!!!

Weigh in tomorrow. *keeping fingers crossed*
Old 04-13-2002, 10:13 AM   #35  

Well....I was up another lb. I am not sure what this is all about, but I do not like it. I have been really good this week!! It must be all the stress and strange eating times. I am going to be extra careful this weekend, get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water and go back to the center on Monday. Hopefully I will be down a bit.

I tried a chicken blt salad from Wendy's yesterday. I scooped off the shredded cheese and bacon bits leaving mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatos, and chicken with a low fat honey mustard dressing. It was really good. I counted the dressing as my fat serving for the day. I will get this again if I need something quick and easy.

I boxes of the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup at the center this morning. I am going to try cooking with it a little. I need some variety. The soup also has 0 to 0.5 grams of fat compared to the bars which are 3-5. Maybe it will help a little. I also got a bottle of FB500 to take before I have catered lunches at work and before I eat out. I know those are the meals that are killing my diet!

Hopefully all of these things will get me out of the rut!!! In addition I am upping my water to 12 glasses and cutting out all coffee and soda. They didnt seem to concerned at the center that I was up a lb two weeks in a row. So they didnt make any suggestions. I am going to try a few things myself and see if it helps.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Have some fun.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:11 PM   #36  

Hi All:
Jibbelle I have not really gotten out of my rut either.
Good luck with trying the soup. I have been a bit sick of the same things also. I don't think we can have the wendy's salad anymore with that bacon in it. I was disappointed when they changed it.
Karen good luck with the job.
I really did not have a good week and I won't be able to do much exercise for a couple of weeks I happy a silly accident when I was waiting for the school bus the other day. I was walking back and forth on the curb waiting for it to come and I tripped right off the curb and twisted my ankle. Boy did I feel stupid falling in the street. Well I guess I have an excuse to be lazy for a while.
Have a great weekend
Diane
04/06/01 201
04/12/02 142.2
goal 135
Old 04-14-2002, 12:39 PM   #37  

Diane-
Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it starts feeling better soon! I figured the bacon on the Wendy's salad wasnt on plan so I scooped it off. They put it all in a little pile on one side. The cheese is the same way. So...it is easy to take off whatever you dont want.

Last night I made one of the Mushroom Soup LA Lites. I cut up a cooked chicken breast in it and added broccoli and mushrooms. I let it all cook for about 15 min and it wasnt too bad. I had a HEAPING bowl by the time I got all my protein and veggies in there. It was more like a stew than a soup. I had to add salt and pepper for flaver. . I do not think I could eat that soup by itself, but it was pretty good the way I fixed it. I think next time I will try making it with milk instead of water to make it creamier. I think I will look in the cookbook and see if there are any recipes for the soups.

Two more weeks of work then I have a week of vacation! I am so excited. I have no plans, I just want to relax.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning so I will post then. Hopefully I am back down to where I was a week or so ago.

Take care all!
Old 04-17-2002, 02:13 PM   #38  

Default Welcome back, me!

Hi guys! Glad to see lots of names I recognize. I quit the plan last December, half because I started working in another city from where I live (and there's no LAWL there), and part because I decided I wanted to concentrate on quitting smoking, which I did on 12/21/02, except for on the occasional night out.

ANYway, I of course immediately gained what felt like about a gazillion pounds. I started working out alone, but after 6 weeks I had gained a pound. Yikes. So I'm back with LAWL, although I'm not on the red plan because I'm working with weights 2 hours a week and doing cardio 3 hours a week. I was on the gold plan.

Don't know what to call my starting weight -- LAWL weighs me at least 5 pounds higher than at home, the gym or the dr.s office (it's like how butchers woud supposedly put their thumb on the scale...). But I do plan on "weighing backwards" so I don't get caught up on my weight too much.

I think I'll go with my weight at the gym, which is 165. So, 25 lbs., min, to go.

Glad to see everyone! Think I'll go check out ebay and see if I can find a cookbook -- I love the idea of some variety this time.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:51 PM   #39  

Hi gals, what a week it has been. I have gone to the gym once this week and i am really feeling it. I have got to get back into the swing of things again. Work was ****. I deal with both special ed kids plus regualr kids. My morning kids are terriable. We have 5 kids that are what I call special needs out of 20 so it makes it very difficult some mornings to do anything. But the afternoons are pretty easy. I am just glad that I don't have to deal with them all day (my morning kids).

Friday we are taking them on a field trip to Hy-Vee (grocery) so we will see how they really act there. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Well I must run.

Karen
Old 04-18-2002, 02:35 AM   #40  

Default kids & groceries

Karen! It sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck on Friday!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:25 PM   #41  

Question curious about LA Weightloss

I've been lurking around this post for a few days now. I even went into my local LA Weightloss center today. The place was packed and there were kids on the floor coloring. I had my 2 children with me and I just wanted a little info. Of course, they wouldn't give me any info without making an appointment for the complimentary consultation. I couldn't wait till later this afternoon, so I made it for Monday.
So, can anyone help me with my decision to join? I'm a former Weight Watchers (lost 35 pounds) and just stopped using Meridia and xenical. Neither worked for me. I'm about 174 now. I was down to 130 right before I had my son in 1997. After his birth, it all, and some, came back
My last question, is there any way to get out of paying for the year? I definitely don't have that much money to fork over right now.
Thanks for your help!
Old 04-19-2002, 08:53 AM   #42  

I remember seeing a post on here once where someone said they paid a month at a time. I think it really varies center to center. The cost for the program really isnt too expensive, it is the supplements that cost a little more...and you can buy those in small amounts.

I have a friend that started doing weight watchers just a few weeks after I started LA and we have lost just about the same amount. I like the flexibility in the weight watchers program because you can eat different foods, but it doesnt really teach you to eat healthy. You can eat pizza and burgers every day if that is all you eat! I am guessing most people do not do that though. LA is a very balanced meal plan, lots of fresh fruits/veggies, lean proteins and a little dairy fat and starch. The plan is working great for me and I am eating more healthy that I ever have.

I am not going to tell you the plan is for everyone...so ask a lot of questions when you go in for your consultation. Ask what the meal plans are like and make sure it works for you. Also ask about all costs incurred so that you know exactly what you will be spending. (Although I find the cost nominal for being more healthy!)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask here! Good luck!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:00 AM   #43  

Hey Bunny! Welcome back. Congrats on the quitting smoking. What a GREAT thing!!!! Do you feel any different? My mom said when she quit she could tell a huge difference in her skin and in how things tasted. I guess the smoke numbs the taste buds. Good luck losing again! We are all here for ya.

Karen-
Your week sounds like it has been hectic. Mine has been the same. I have been working a crazy amount of hours. I have been eating lots of frozen stuff and takeout salads. I am scared to go weigh in on Saturday. I will keep my fingers crossed till then!

How was the grocery store field trip?

Diane-
How is your week going? Hopefully you are having an on plan week.

I make the best soup the other day. I used the cream of mushroom LA Lite, added chicken, potato, broccoli, salt and pepper. It was really yummy! I used 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water. I was thick and creamy...very good. I may have already said this, but I do not like the soups by themselves so much, but good in recipes. It is soooo filling though. I couldnt eat my other serving of veggies.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:06 AM   #44  

Thank you Jibelle for your post.
I'm definitely looking for a challenge. I've tried so many times to go back to WW without too much success.
I'll let you know how the consultation went on Monday.
Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:56 PM   #45  

Hi Everyone:
Jibbelle I thought my week was going well but I was up.4 from Wednesday. My old manager was at the center today and I think she was trying to get me to do stablization but I don't think I want to give up yet especially since I am 7 pounds away instead of 4. I just told her I have not been able to exercise much this past week and I do want to reach 135.
Jibbelle do you miss the the bars or shake went you use the soup as one of your lites? I would feel like I am missing my treat for the day. How is your week going?
Welcome back Bunny.
Karen it sound like those kids are keeping you busy. I am missing the exercise this week also. I hope next week is better.
Have a great night
Diane
04/06/01 201
04/19/02 142.4
goal 135
Closed Thread