Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Welcome Beewife!!!!!

Gail- Technology drives me crazy. I always have the DB read the manuel and show me how to work them. I'm more of a visual learner.

Crunchy- What kind of seasoning do you use on your poppers? I was thinking of doing a roasted veggies mix. Anyone know if you can roast mushrooms in the oven or would they just wilt and get gross. I know we use cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and peppers on the grill.
Also, yesterday we got our new health plan for the year. The new change is a $600 charge if you're a smoker. I thought of you and how great that you'd kicked it. My brother is going to have to pay. He's young and doesn't listen to all the health problems related to smoking. Next year, they're looking at adding a charge if you're overweight. So I really need to step up or I'll have to pay up. Ahhh
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #77  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5ft 6in

I use Lawry's seasoning salt for me, Mrs. Dash (different flavors) for hubby. He can not have the regular fake salts because they interfere with his bp meds. And he is on a low sodium diet.
If you like spicy, the cajun spices are nice.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #78  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome beewife! I also started with a 10% weight loss goal- it makes it all a little less overwhelming. Make sure you have a great reward in mind for yourself when you get there. I lived in St Louis, MO for a while growing up- you'll notice right away that you have a lot more weather stuff to deal with. Especially in comparison with So Calif!

My dh smokes, too, and I hate it. Unfortunately, it's one of my bigger migraine triggers.

I bought the cauliflower- now I'm just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit so I can run my oven without suffering. We woke up to rain, so maybe today's the day if things continue to cool off.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there everybody . . . . . . and a big to our newest member.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Welcome Beewife.

LOL, Crunchy, I lived in Seattle for many years. I like the desert better in spite of my complaining about the heat.

Speaking of the heat, we had an official high temp of 111°F/44°C three days in a row. No wonder I was feeling so bad. It is much cooler today - we are forcasted to have a high of 103°.

After several days of very bad eating, I hope I am back on track. This morning I made the chili ranchero from the volumetrics book. I did substitute a couple of things, but it seems good and a little different with the cocoa in it. The seasoning is fairly mild which is good with me. The recipe says to add hot sauce to taste. I didn't add any and it was just right for me. I had 2/3 cup of it and a huge green salad with home grown tomatoes for lunch.

My breakfast was oatmeal, a bowl of yougurt with fresh raspberries and 1.5 tsp honey. I also ate two small clementines - about the size of a golf ball. I am gong to make something with scallops for supper. I already have my huge green salad made.

While I was on my "hiatus" of bad eating, I did manage to eat my oatmeal for breakfast.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another gorgeous day for us and as soon as my hair dries (just got out of the shower) I'm going to go out and enjoy it for a while.

Hope everybody else has good weather too . . . for a below 100 day for you, Gail.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #82  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

I had a successful week. I stayed at just below 1200 ave cals/day for the whole week and showed a loss of 3 1/2 lbs.
I do not want to lose that fast (muscle loss is not what I'm after), so I'm going to track again, increase my caloried, eat mostly core foods, track my WPA and journal all my food in Fitday. But I'm going to eat to satisfaction. I didn't do that last week. And I went to bed hungry a number of times.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. That strange yellow ball is still hanging up there in the sky. I think it may be a UFO. LOL
Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Congrats on the weight loss Crunchy!!

Everyone have a great day.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I seared scallops in a bit of olive oil. When they were done, I warmed a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, some trader Joe's raspberry vinaigrette and a few fresh raspberries in the pan juice. I put the scallops on a bed of watercress, poured the juice/berry mix over all. I served it with bulgur and a green salad. The raspberries were very tasty with the scallops. You just want to barely warm the berries/dressing. I think if you got it too hot the berries would turn to mush.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

mmmmm - Gail, that sounds heavenly! Isn't this time of year just lovely for the fresh fruits and veggies available? I am looking forward to trying out some recipes that will use some of the cucumbers popping up in the garden - one is a cold tzatziki soup from a cookbook I took out from the library. I have several weeks to wait though - they're only an inch long right now. There is a tomato soup recipe, too - with garlic and basil.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 208/197.6/140

Height: 5'2

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. The past couple of days have been going well. Its deffinatly a challenge to change eating habits that you have had for years.
Today was a beautiful day out and the family and I went out and spent the day at the river, and to top it off the hubby made fish and yummy veggies for a dinner.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #87  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . . . . although not much is great around here this morning -- both the tempertures and the humidity are on the rise and there's rain in the forecast. In addition to that, I woke up this morning to a couple of little cat-damage cleanups; an extra pound on the scale; and a much too high bllod sugar reading. Hey, this too will all pass.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Yep - rain in the forecast... Ours came while I was on my walk - I thought it had stopped, but...

I was wrong. And, subsequently, came home soaked nearly through. Managed to get in 45 minutes, anyway. I needed to - didn't walk yesterday - didn't do much yesterday!

Even if the weather-bug says rain, hope you all find a bit of somewhere in your travels today.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #89  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

Not much happening here. The recipes sound so yummy. But my hubby refuses to eat anything except pretty plain cooking. And he will not eat scallops at all. I'm staying on track and trying to move more.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #90  
Onward and Downward

Oh . . . CRUNCHY . . . the man doesn't know what he is missing; scallops are my favourite thing -- has he ever actually tried one, or does he just think he doesn't like them?

And a great big Good Morning for everybody.

Looks like another less than delightful day for us -- hot and steamy with thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon. Oh well, sounds like a good day for getting stuff done around the house.

Hope the rest of you get better weather . . . see you later . . .
Closed Thread