Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Dawn - OMG you do need to see a doc. I'm so happy to not have AF but i'm thinking its going to catch up with me sooner or later. I cant imagine her visiting 1.5-2w, I would go crazy. It sounds like that could be affecting your weightloss tho because who can see a loss with all that going on? Anyway i hope it gets straightened out soon. I dont know squat about the # plans and i'm glad when i'm done bf i can go back to my old familiar gold plan which worked so why change it. I hope plan 2 works out for you. I know how you feel tho about doing this far too long, i'm there with you. I'm really starting to get tired of it all, i'm hanging in there tho because in the end its all for me so why give up.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #32  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

At the moment I am thankful I have a boy ... not that I won't have my own set of problems, but when you all start talking about those, I will be doing

Last edited by krjpy; 06-24-2008 at 09:34 PM.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #33  

Hello!
Hope everyone is off to a good start today! I was only able to run 3 miles today. I got tired fast today. I woke up with a little bit of a headache and I was a little lightheaded. I felt better after my coffee and a bar. I did TO yesterday and now I am hungry and tired and CRANKY!!!! I think I might skip it today and just go back on plan but do a shake today and keep my other choices light. I don't know what to do. Days like this I really miss having a center.
If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.
I'm going to take a shower, maybe I'll feel better.
Have a nice morning!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

g'morning everyone I just heard my parents are going to come to pick up my kids on July 4th... I'm always excited for them to go have fun, and for me and DH to have a little freedom, but I know it will be hard once they are gone. I just love that they will always have these memories with my parents! My dad is such an outgoing, adventurous, person! And my mom is the typical Betty Crocker wife/mom... I try try try to fill her shoes, but know I will never be able to be like her while trying to balance work as well.

Now the race is on to make sure they have everything they need for their trip! and to make sure we get the most use out of our Six Flags passes!

One note about weightloss - I think it was Debbie that mentioned that sometimes the weightloss slows so that your skin can re-adjust... I've been kinda frustrated lately because it seems to be slowing down, but this morning I looked at myself and I was really excited to see a semi-slender ME! I am now comfortably fitting into more size 8's and LOVING it! My husband even told me I look "HOT" the other day, and NO, I wasn't sweating!

Anyway - have a great morning everyone!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #35  
LAWL Salt Police

Have fun without the kiddos Julie.. Of course you're going to miss them, but it's nice to be able to recharge the batteries once in a while.. Ours recently returned from a week at camp.. While it was nice to have the peace and quiet, it was also great to have them back...

I used to work at a summer camp in Maine where many of the kids were with us for the entire 8 weeks while their parents spent the summer galavanting around, I'm sure... I couldn't imagine not having my kids around for 8 weeks..

I've never heard about weightloss slowing down to allow skin to readjust.. Interesting theory... But you gotta love that victorious moment when one day you look in the mirror and realize that all your hard work is totally paying off.. Such a great feeling!!!!

But don't get complacent, or the weightloss will really slow down as your subconcious tries to convince you that you've done enough...

Eyes on the prize, ladies.. Finish the game....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #36  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

good morning

Julie..........you crack me up....."and no, I wasn't sweating." I miss those kind of comments from my DH.......they are still said from time to time......but it is different now.

Yesterday I had a rude awakening. I took 12 yo DD to the mall to find her a confimation dress.......and I have never been much of a mall shopper.........but I had to go into EVERY single store that sold clothes to see if they had a dress for her........and I saw all of these adorable femine just plain pretty clothes..........and I couldn't wear any of them. I left the mall feeling kind of empty (secretly of course..........didn't want to take anything away from DD's trip to the mall).........and it just sucked. I am a very happy and satisfied person in most ways.......but I miss feeling feminine and pretty. It's so weird.......cuz I know there are plenty of clothes out there that are plus size and pretty.......but I always feel like an old lady in big a$$ clothes. So.........I am not going to let it bring me down any further today.......I am just going to try to use it to my advantage. And then I was thinking that if I do..........uhhhemmm, I mean WHEN I do get back into regular sizes again..........I will probably have to get a part time job just to buy all of the clothes I want...... DH has no idea how my being fat is saving us money in the fashion department..

Gonnabe......if you are not feeling well.......you should definitely stop doing TO. Your body is telling you something........please listen to it. TO is NOT for everyone, everytime

Ok, I am trying to post some videos on youtube.........so I am going to run.......not to mention the fact that I REALLY need to get some housework done while it is mellow here Have a great day everyone.........and be one with your POP

Hey.....Katie......Amylou............
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #37  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i have the day off today, so i'm just lounging around the house and not doing much at all today.

i'll be back later..and i'll tell my work story then.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #38  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Nicole...I see your avatar. For what it's worth, you look very pretty and feminine!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Gonnabe, I can't tolerate exercising really hard on a day that I'm doing TO. It is just too much (and I've tried it several times). I'm sure 5 miles of running and a TO are just more than your body can handle. Not that you can't exercise at all, you just need to take it down a knotch.

Tanner, My DD was definitely difficult at 17. I knew parents who were really much laxer than I, and their kids just took the freedom to make choices and made every bad one there was.... and parents who were so strict that the kids couldn't take it and just left home never to talk to thier parents again, and it has been 2-3 years now, so I don't know if that is a broken relationship that is likely to be mended. I think the best thing is to just talk to your kids a lot, and let them know that every rule that you have is because you love them and are concerned for their safety and their future. They are so hard to talk to at that age, but it is more important than ever that you do. Also actually getting a job is really great for teenagers... Nothing spurs a desire for furthering your education or career goals than a summer of serving fries.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 06-25-2008 at 02:35 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #40  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

What I wouldn't give for a piece of cake that has no starches. You'd think if we can put a man on the moon.....
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #41  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hi Guys - would you be willing to welcome back an "oldie" ?

I have GOT to do something NOW - I have got to be swimsuit "ready" by Aug 2
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #42  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, hey Norissa, great to see you!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #43  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie..........what are you doing up so late? Is everything ok? I have been worrying about you

Thanks for your kind words Sige.......it's Peggy, isn't it?

Norissa........welcome back. Just so you don't feel too bad.......there are a few of us oldbies here who just can't seem to stick with it......and there are a few who made goal who keep us inspired!!!! Today is a new day.........you can do this

Dan......you highshcool photo, I assume .

Jillian......still waiting on that work story......

Hey Julie, Kelly, Gonnabe, and Debbie I hope you are all having a good day

Barbara.........keep reminding us of the light at the end of the tunnel. It is soooo difficult to find that balance between teaching and attempting to control our teens. I so want my kids to have the opportunity to make some decisions and make some mistakes...........but it is sooooo difficult to let go.......I just keep trying to remember what my dear neighbor keeps reminding me of.....she says, "just keep loving her........."

Ok, I have much to do today, including some errands, but I am going to take the time to start a menu thread. I need some accountability. I have never participated in a menu thread, cuz I always manipulate my exchanges....so please don't use my menus as an example I am goign to try to get better though

Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #44  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!

Nicole- Yeah, everything is okay. I have just been really busy. Well, sort of okay, I guess. My DH is getting laid off. His employer is going broke. Tomorrow is his last day. However, he interviewed for a job in the same field yesterday, which went really well. He really thinks that he will start the new job on Monday, with no stall in between, so that is good. Looks like your ticker just keeps on moving!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #45  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!!

Thanks for the welcome back girls. I promise to give this my all (again) I need to stop this yo-yo-ing

Not much to report from me. KIds are growing like weeds - I am off work until July 16th when I go back to work summer school.

Nicole congrats on becoming a grammy!! SHe is a beautiful little girl. How are your Little Ones doing with a new baby in the house? STill looking forward to that possible cup of coffee! Maybe some day - huh

Katie - I will say a prayer for y'all that this works out with your DH's job situation!!!! How are the kids?

and to the rest of you chicks - I hope I get to know you better!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote