Old 06-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Alright I have lurked long enough on this thread .Time for action.

I am Tanner. I have been with LAWL since April 16th. I am on plan 2 but hopefully will move to plan 1 in the next week or so (3 lbs away). Though I am a bit freaked about plan 1 because I will still have 25 lbs to lose on plan 1 and if I plateau they can't move me anywhere..

Anyway I can't figure out the ticker thing= I am daft. So I originally wanted to lose 42 lbs but now I have (in my head anyway) revised so that I lose 42 lbs. My original weight was the highest I would be happy with therefore if I shoot low then I have a bit of room to grow, KWIM! Right now I have lost 14 lbs with tonnes of hard work. It's not easy by any means.

My story is that the 4 kids I have ravaged my body. I gained 50 lbs with each pregnancy and after the 3rd child kept on 20 lbs or so then did the same with the 4th. After working out for 2 yrs without much change I started LA because it worked for a friend and my Aunt.
Tanner
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. not much to report really..well, there is a long work story that started late last week and has drastically changed my life, but i'll leave that for another time.

hope everyone has had a good start to the week.

and nicole..you're not making me very optimistic for when my DD gets to be a teenager. she'll be 5yrs old next month, but somedays it feels like she's already 15yrs old!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #18  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
I have my 20 year reunion this year...........but I don't think I will be going..........we have a lot of travel planned already, and with the price of gas........well......need I say more Is this your 20 year also, Dan?
Yup.. The big 20... Luckily I still live in the same town as the school, so travel won't be bad...

Lots of liquid starches, however, so that might make it interesting...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tanner! Welcome
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Tanner!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #21  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone,

Nicole you are killing us all by not telling us your Daughter Story.

Welcome Tanner ... this is a great group of people.

Hope everyone is doing well, I had a 50-50 weekend. Good on Saturday and VERY bad on Sunday night (Chinese - I only have it about once a quarter).

I have though worked out consistently for the last 3 days and plan on continuing it regularly. I am not going to look past the week though. I will plan for next week on Sunday morning (this is when I change weeks for my C25K and my 100 pushups)

Hope everyone is doing well, I can't seems to get past this weight area, but I know that is my inconsistent eating, not anything else. I have been bad about journaling and that ends today. I will be journaling EVERYTHING!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Congrats to Nicole and Dan on you 20th Reunion (whether you are going or not).
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!

Dawn - Are you liking the new plan you started? Is it working out for you? You said you weaned, did you see much of a loss after you stopped? I did see that your ticker moved down so i'm guessing something is working.

I'm finding it so hard lately to get all my foods in, i dont know whats going on with me. I know if i try harder i can do it so i guess i just need to try harder. I just been so busy and then if i miss a meal i dont want to over eat at the next just to get everything in. I really need to get with it tho if i want the darn scale to move down.

Anyway enough of that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #23  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning

Debbie........might I suggest eating most of your foods before noon? I know mornings are sooooo busy when you are a stay at home mom...............but I have found that if I sit down with the kids in the morning for a well rounded breakfast......we ALL have a better day. It is kind of a reminder that rushing around trying to, "get everything done," is far less important than enjoying the kids gathered around the table. I know when they are little, it is not exactly relaxing, but it is a lifelong gift you can give them.........teaching them the importance of taking the time to be together, even if it is only for 10 minutes. My kids also seem to eat better if I eat with them.....and I know you are making food all the live long day for those kids......so make them things you can eat too and join them

Kelly.......WTG posting an avatar picture.........you look fabulous.......why did you wait so long??????

So..........I will try really hard to make the DD story short........we just fought all day long about her DBF and his laziness........and I should have known to keep my mouth shut......but things just kept flying out of my mouth. It was like I was standing outside of my body in amazement of the cold hard truth that was escaping me. It wasn't toooo bad, but one should really never say anything negative about their child's signifigant other. Anyway....it ended with her informing me that she was going to, "go get away for a few days," and I was like, yeah, over my dead body. She expressed that maybe she should move out......and I was like, where? She went on to tell me that she would move in with one of her friend's houses.....and I was like, noooooooo. She said, "you can't stop me......." and I lovingly said, "I will sit on you!!!!" So mature I am at times. I told her it was a natural progession to want to move out at her age.......especially now that she is a mom.....and I told her that if she was serious, that I would help her take the responsible steps to move out on her own.........well....then she said she really didn't want to live by herself.....she just needed to get away..........and I told her that that wasn't how life went..........that when things get hard you can't just escape it. I told that that was not moving out........that was running away. The girl has a ton of freedom...........but doesn't think she should have to be home at a decent hour......and DH and I like sleeping at night...........so she gets irritated. She was better by last night......and I told her that I was sorry for some of the things I had said......that my intention was not to hurt her feelings.........and I could see from her face that was what had happened earlier. I also told her that is was her misfortune that she was my first teenager.....that I am learning how to have this kind of a relationship just as well as she is........and that we would get through it......and that we both had a lot to learn. The night ended up ok. I told her she had to stay home for the night and no DBF cuz we needed a tiny break from that. What I wanted to say was I was sick of watching him lay on our sofa all day long while I worked circles around him.......but I bit my tongue. It is still bleeding.

Hi Barbara, Jillian, and Katie........where the heck are you?

Welcome Tanner!!!

Anyway......I have to run......house is a disaster and I have to take 12 yo DD to the mall to try and find a dress for her confirmation........

Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #24  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Jillian! Now I want to know the work story! I will be looking for an update on that one!

Hi everyone else. So I decided not to pay for anymore Weightloss weeks and since mine are up I guess I am starting stabilization this week. I am kinda bummed because I really wanted to meet my goal. And I know I can continue to work on Weightloss but then I won't know what I am doing and won't have any help when I actually do Stabilize. So I was thinking I could stabilize with COD's help and then after I have stablized and maintained I could go back to weightloss when they aren't keeping such close tabs on me. Ugh! They are really starting to iritate me. Anyway what do you guys think?
I don't know how to approach it without paying for more weightloss weeks?

Hope everyone has a POP day!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone!
Not much going on. I'm doing Take Off - it makes me cranky!!!! I ran 5 miles this morning. That is the furthest I've ever been able to go! Yeah me! The scale better move after this!
Hope everyone is having a great day!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

gonnabe, Wow, 5 miles is awesome.

Cecilia, Go ahead and go to stabilization and maintenance, if you feel you are ready to do that. Really, it is not like you are deciding to stay that weight for forever, just for now.

Nicole, She will get better, it has to be pretty bad to have post partum hormone upheaval with teenage hormonal upheaval, so she might not be in her best frame of mind right now. My dad says its 3 bad years for being the parent of a teen... and then after that a slow return to reason. My daughter is orders of magnitude easier to be around at 19 than she was at 17
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #27  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Kelly.......WTG posting an avatar picture.........you look fabulous.......why did you wait so long??????
Nicole - I am usually either on the other end of the camera, or the picture is not good to be cropped when I am in it. this picture actuall has my son and my mother in it and was taken in front of our house right after my DS's First Communion. It was an OK picture so I bit the bullet and posted it.

Thanks for the complement on it though. I still don't like to have my picture taken, but I am getting better about not making so many faces at them

Don't worry about oldest DD. She is old enough to learn some of the not so fun facts of life. You will make sure she gets through it .... we all did
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #28  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Debbie – Yes, I think the scale is finally starting to move again. I’ve been bouncing back and forth a pound or two for about 6 weeks. I hope this plan 2 works for me because so far the numbered plans have yet to fulfill any promises. I think with the numbered plans there are just too many starches for me so by moving down to plan 2 w/ the bars I’m getting rid of 1 starch. Some days I’m so tempted to go back to the original gold plan because I had success with that my first time, but for now I’ll keep with plan 2. Maybe it will work. I hope so because I’ve been doing this for far too long. After I stopped nursing, no, I didn’t see much of a loss and I was really hoping that was the answer, but unfortunately it wasn’t. I think another reason for my weight loss stalling is that I’m having problems w/ my cycle lately. I have it like every 1 ½ to 2 weeks. I know TMI, but it really sucks. I really need to make an appointment w/ my doctor.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks every body for the warm welcome.

Today is a blah day around here .I have a sinus infection so it is making eating difficult.And i slept through my alarm for boot camp. SIGH.

Nicole, while a bit different, life is hard right now with our 17 year old dd also. She hasn't had a baby but she had ISSUES like you wouldn't believe. We thought we were decent parents but the last little while has made us wonder... There is a huge doubt that she will graduate in time. The police have been at our door 3 times in the last 2 yrs, 2 of those times in the last 4 months. She has rules and regulations, we are strict rather than lax and yet.... We are at the end of our rope ...
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

You guys are really scaring me with the teenager talk... 11 is sounding REALLY good right now!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote