Body For Life

• Hey anyone tried Body for Life? We are having a biggest loser competition at work and I chose this book. I think the fitness routine is awesome! My whole body hurts but i've already lost 2.5lbs and I don't have to exercise as long as before! YAY!
  • Phyllis, there's a big crew of BFL alumni in the Weight and Resistance Training forum and I know they be happy to answer any questions for you or tell you about their experiences. I see that there's a BFL thread there right now that you might want to check out too.

Bill Phillips' brother Shawn just came out with Strength for Life, which is supposed to expand and complement BFL. I haven't read it yet but it's received good reviews.

Good luck! BFL is a wonderful program that's gotten some amazing results.
  • Suh-weet! Thanks Meg. I had done a search and couldn't find anything. I will check that out
  • so BFL is supposed to be a weight-training guide? I picked it up last night because a friend said it was a total program. guess I should have looked here first huh? there's $20 down the drain
  • No, you haven't wasted your money at all! BFL is a total program that encompasses nutrition, cardio, and weights. All three are essential for healthy weight loss.
  • okay. phew. I was a little worried there for a minute! It startled me to come on this morning and search for Bill Phillips and the first post I found was followed by one directing the OP to the weight lifting forum.

Good deal then, I have to take the car in for electrical work today so I'll crack the book open then and see what it's all about. If I decide to go with the program, would it be okay to post in this forum looking for a buddy to do it with or should I check in the weight forum?
  • I'm hoping to apply the meal plan layout by using my MR. Bento. That ought to help out with portions, etc.
  • I don't follow it to a T but it is a good book.