Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default LAWL Losers and Friends June 30-July 6

Okay, every one, lets have a week that we can be proud of!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone!
it's official. i've started my new "work" schedule..or should i say..not so much work schedule! ha! and they already called me last night to get me to work today! wtf! i knew it!
so i started myself on my new daily routine, of getting up at 730am, putting on my workout clothes and getting my workout in right away. and i did it! and then i made a great smoothie, had a luna bar and now i'm gonna get started on my mile long list of stuff to do before dh gets back.

ok..gotta go. i'll be back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #3  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Bring on the new week!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/234/160

I'm ready...although I may be more ready because it's a short week. Ordering a new scale for work. There are two of us on LA here and since our center's closing, we're going to weigh each other. It might be fun!
gotsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #5  

Wow - Where is everyone? Having a great day I hope!

Not much new here. I had a long, frustrating weekend. I just don't know what to do anymore. I've been eating really good lately and I've even been exercising almost everyday. AND NOTHING! The scale just goes back and forth between the same 2 lbs. This has never happened to me before. (Except for when I haven't been following the plan.) I'm wondering about 2 things. I have no LA lites left, so I have been using the South Beach snack bars (and I try to go with the 100 cal ones.) I'm wondering if they are just not working for me like the lites did and I'm thinking this week maybe I won't use them.
The other thing I'm wondering is if I might not need more food ( I am on the old gold plan) with the exercise I am doing. I have been running 3-5 miles and then bike riding 3-5 miles a day, about 5 days a week. Depending on how much I do it takes me about 45 minutes to 75 minutes. So I don't think it meets the over 5 hours a week to move to the blue plan. Besides, I was once switched to blue because the COD realized how much I was working out and they decided to switch me, but then switched me back because I stopped losing.
So I'm thinking maybe to try blue but without the bars. Or maybe just stay on gold and stop the bars. Or maybe stay on gold, stop the bars and add 1/2 protein a day. I also thought about not exercising this week, but it took a lot for me to get back into the routine and I don't want to get out of it. I don't know what to do. Anyone have any ideas?
Hope everyone else is doing well!
Have a great evening!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey everyone...

Sorry I haven't been posting much.. I've been busy with fires and then the whole "reunion weekend" with my classmates had me runnin' around like a headless chicken.. I'm glad the planning process is over but I'm really missing my friends at this point.. We had a fantastic time..

On Friday we met at a really nice club downtown for drinks and appitizers. On Saturday we took families too the zoo and then met at a really posh place in the north valley, surronded by trees. It's an old home that's been renovated and turned into a meeting place/cultural center... Really an amazing place..

Needless to say I wasn't too concerned about staying on plan.. This was one weekend where we just concentrated on having fun. Liz, even not knowing many of my friends had a great time too.

Anyway, back on plan now and ready to go!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone.

So i've been a bit MIA but i'm still around. As you must have guessed i've been a little off plan but i'm trying to be strategic. I've been stalling for a bit and i noticed if i'm off plan a few days then get back on i see a drop so i was doing that and i'm back on plan today so hopefully in the next few days i'll see that drop. I'm not up so the only place i can go from here is down. Its kind of crunch time for me. Its been exactly 6mo since i started and i'm a bit disappointed that i'm not at goal yet but i'm trying to look on the bright side, atleast i began the changing process. I knew it wasnt going to happen overnight so i'm still proud of myself. I'm still hoping to get to my goal by July 4th tho & thats why i'm getting serious this week .

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, You are so close, stick with it, and you will get there. I also sometimes had that effect. It only worked when I was being extra diligent on plan and then ate a bit extra... I think it just spurred my metabolism or convinced my body that I wasn't in fact starving, and it could not be a LOT off plan, just a tad. For me it was on business trips where I was trying really hard to be on plan, but even the best choices were not perfect.

Gonnabe, really what you need to consider is how many calories you are burning off and not how many hours you are taking to do it. I think the tipping point for me is somewhere around 1500 calories per week. If you are burning fewer than that, you probably don't need any extra food. 1500-2000 is a gray area. Over 2000 calories a week, and you really should add some extra calories.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #9  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, just thought I would finally contribute and not lurk as much as I have been. I go to my cod today (gulp) but I think I have done really well. I had a scrapbooking party at my sisters last night and did really well. It was the first time I didn't go straight for the chips and dip and instead just stuck to the veggies w/o dip and the grapes. And the event was actually more about people than food. yay!
anyone doing anything fun for the 4th?
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #10  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning,

This having a holiday (canada day here today) in the middle of the week is weird and annoying. But I have friday off too so its a short week all the way around. I am just planning to relax today and clean house a bit as I have family visiting my mom this coming weekend and they will stop over here as they haven't seen the house yet.

Things are going ok. Not great but plugging along.

It is humid here this week. I haven't used the AC yet but I think it may get turned on today for at least part of the day anyway. I can handle hot - just not the humid part.

This is short - but I'll check in later....
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!

Barbara - I wouldnt say i was alot off plan. What i meant by being off plan as that i wasnt stressing about being perfect, i didnt get all my foods in and i had a couple of things that wasnt on plan but i did not go crazy at all and all my meals were on plan because i still cooked the same but i think i had a bit too much fat free ice cream. I think that was definitely the worst of it which i dont think is too bad if thats the worse.

I always thought i was about 140lbs when i met DH 10yrs ago but thinking about it i think i was bigger because at my prom i wore a size 12 dress amd that was about 9mo after i met DH and now at around 140lbs i'm in 8s and even a 6 on a few things which i'm so happy about. I never thought i would fit into a 6, i still cant believe it. I cant believe it took me 10yrs to make a change, well 8 (1st round) but i'm glad i'm finally doing it and finally doing something for me.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! Someday you guys are gonna get me motivated to try harder, LOL. I made a batch of rose petal jelly that I can't stay out of!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just a quick check in for right now. hope that everyone has a good day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #14  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,

We just got back yesterday afternoon from our vacation last week. My eating was horrible last week. It was hard to find healthy things to eat at Six Flags, climbing a mountain and the other things we did. Oh well, I am back on track today and I am determined to have a great day.

My DH has an interview this morning and a second interview this afternoon. He even did a telephone interview while we were on vacation. I really hope an offer comes really soon. He has been out of work for all most 6 weeks. I am keeping my faith in God and trying to stay positive. Please keep praying for us.

Jillian- Your new work arrangement sounds great.

Katie- I hope that things work out for your DH and you on the job side. I have never heard of rose petal jelly that sounds interesting.

Debbie- I thought about you this weekend. The hotel we were staying at had three family reunions going on.

Durdansgirl- Good job on the party foods.

Dan- It sounds like you had a great time at your reunion.

Gonnabe- I am sorry I don't have any advice for you on the plans. But, I will say just keep on trying and don't give up. You will make it.

Gotsa- It does sound like that could be fun doing this with coworkers. The accountability would be great for me.

Julie- Looks like you are going to beat me in this challenge. You are doing so good. I think I had a gain from my vacation. However, it is important to note that I am not giving up. Keep up the good work.

To everyone else I missed- I hope you have a great day.

I am off to wash clothes and try to get back into a normal routine.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #15  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

good morning everyone

I am glad to see everyone is working hard this week!

Gonnabe........I just wanted to suggest that if you are going to stop lite you should definitely switch to purple, or maybe even red given the amount of exercise you are doing. Sometimes we stall because our bodies are conserving calories because it thinks it is being deprived. I am not real familia with blue, but I do know they recommend it to people who were previously on purple with lites who work really long hours and such. I am stressing on the purple WITH lites factor here. Lites have way more calories than 100 cal south beach bars, and they have more protein (I think) as well. I am sure someone else will pipe up, but if I were you, I would first try purple or red w/o lites for a few weeks.

Big hellos to everyone else. I am a sick busy mama/grandma this week. I have a terrible cold, and I am trying to get my super sized family ready for a 10 day tour of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Should be fun/interesting Anyway.......I need to do so much to prepare to leave my house in the summertime. If we don't water here at least once a day, all of my plants will kick it at this time of the year cuz it gets and stays so hot here........so we have to set up all of the hoses and timers and such........and I have to clean my Suburban........DH has to change the oil and recharge my AC........and the clothing......well, you can imagine.........and food planning......oh, and I have to rob a bank to pay for the gasoline . I am still trying to pencil that one into my schedule today. Wow, what a whiner, huh? Anyway.........it has been busy, and I have been qutie naughty. TOM came by on Sunday too..........when it rains, it pours. Blah, blah, blah.......

So, welcome to all the newbies You have come to the right place..........the place is just a little slow lately. In the fall, it will pick up like you wouldn't believe. You won't even beable to keep up with the reading. There are a lot of really kind, smart people here who want to help you make this lifestyle change. When you are having a tough time.........come right back here. Even if it is quiet around here, there is a wealth of info from previous posts

So, I hope you all have a fine OP day......and Katie.......back off of the jelly, which sounds divine..........and get with the program . Yeah, I did say that.....
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote