Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Talking SlimFast May 2008

Good Morning Ladies - I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan. You aren't checking in as often, but I know what that is like....busy busy lives. Happy May Day!!! I remember having a great time in elementary school with wrapping the ribbons around the May Pole every year....did anyone else ever do this?

Anyways....1) I miss Tamara - come back!!!

2) I'm down to 165 this morning - that means 2lbs down this week after about 6-8 weeks of no losses ....those we can contribute to me not working hard enough at counting my calories...too much eating and drinking out...but I told myself last week that I would focus (and failed at doing that!) and then I told myself I was really going to do it this week...and so far, so good. I'm excited because only a pound or so more and then I'll no longer be considered overweight....and I'll be normal for the first time in a few years...ahhh...the sweet taste of success (in the form of a S/F Shake!)

Well, please check in ladies, I truly believe this site is one of the few ways that we can all keep it together...would love to hear from y'all!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Still using SF to maintain.Blended vanilla SF with a small banana am good to go.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

Here's a recap of my goals for April:
1. Exercise 1200 minutes. I did 1210!
2. Lose 5 pounds. Only lost 4!

Here are my goals for May:
1. Exercise 1250 minutes.
2. Lose 5 pounds.
3. Finish c25K and run my first 5K!
4. Hit 15% of starting weight lost!

It's going to be a great month!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I got on the scales this morning and found that I had lost
pound this week! It really should have been more but I just didn't do my walking on the treadmill or the Gazelle like I should have! Our realtor put another ad in the paper for our hosue so I spent more time getting things ready in case people want to come to see it.

Yesterday our high temperature was only about 35 and it snowed off and on all day! Nothing stayed on the ground but it just made you feel blah!! Today is supposed to be a little warmer but the wind is blowing so bad that I have no desire to do anything outside at all

Everyone have a good day and I'll try to get back later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #5  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Morning Lovely Ladies!

I am freaking excited to now be in the 170's! It's still so hard to believe. I still think of myself in the 190's. But now that I finally broke into the 170's, I'm hoping to fly through them.

My husband brought home some fresh strawberries for me a few days ago and they are amazing! They are like eating candy! I am so happy that Spring is here and we are getting some more fruit options!

Hope you are having a great week!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #6  

Beth, Congrats!! on getting in to the 170's!! That is the way I felt when I got on the scales and it showed 159!!! But I like your thinking better--- Now I'm in the 150's!!! And I love strawberries!!! I just had a slimfast optima powder shake with a cup of strawberries in the blender!! Soooooo Good!!! I use fat free milk when I make it and it comes out like a strawberry shake!

I've still been kind of disappointed that the slimfast site is still down!! I sure hope they are doing all kinds of things to it that will just make it wonderful!!! I guess it has been about a week and half now that it has been down! Thank goodness for fitday!!

Well, better get back te getting some more stuff done. Still trying to pack a little bit at a time and hopefully by the time the house sells I won't have that much left to pack up!!

Take care everyone!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #7  
is baaaad to the bone!

Karen - congrats on being in the 150's!!! I have always thought the way Beth does - I like to get out of one series of ten's and it just feels amazing to be there...originally I was making my goals to see the next ten series for the next month - but my weight loss has slowed down considerably and therefore I can't really expect that these days....but it is a fab feeling!

Beth - congrats on being in the 170's - I know what a great feeling that is!!! I also know what it feels like to still fee like you are in the 190's...not that I physically feel that way - but I swear, I see 165 on the scale and mentally my head registers 185....it's weird....or maybe it's just me that is weird...either way, it drives me nuts!

Strawberries are great - the season down here starts in February and since they are locally grown - we have a great Strawberry Festival over in Plant City (worlds home of strawberries!) that is fabulous - I went this year and enjoyed some yummy strawberry shortcake. I think I may by a canister of the powder mix - I currently have only ever drank the cans - but I may by powder so I can bulk it up with some frozen fruit (easier for me to keep so that it doesn't go bad)....

Well, keep your fingers crossed that I drop a pound this week...I probably wont' get to the gym every single day as I have a small operation on Wednesday that is supposed to cause me some pain for a few days afterwards...I'm hoping that goes away quickly so I don't have to skip the gym...doc says it's hit or miss whether or not I get to be in pain or not....let's hope for not!!!

Have a great one ladies!
~Amanda
Old 05-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #8  

I thought that this was just TOO FUNNY Not to share with everyone!! I hope everyone is having a good week. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I've got my fingers crossed!! Have a great night!

One evening a husband, thinking he was being
funny, said to his wife 'Perhaps we should start
washing your clothes in Slim Fast. Maybe it would take a few
inches off of your butt!'
His wife was not amused, and decided that she
simply couldn't let such a comment go unrewarded.
The next morning, the husband took a pair of
underwear out of his drawer. 'What the **** is
this??' he said to himself, as a little 'dust' cloud appeared when he shook them out.

'April,' he hollered into the bathroom, 'why
did you put talcum powder in my underwear?'

She replied ...'It's not talcum powder......It's
'Miracle Grow.'
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #9  

Good Morning !! So happy to see another 2 pounds gone this morning!! I have really been trying to get in the walking a lot more this past week. I've been switching between the treadmill and the Gazelle and it seems to be working! I just realized that with the weigh in this moring that it makes me half way to goal!! YAY!! Got to keep up with that walking!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: ticker

Default Starting SlimFast

Hello. I've been way off course in my weightloss attempts. Well as I was shopping I saw some slimfast (a while back). I've been thinking about this ever since. I bought a small can, it doesn't taste bad at all. Anyone having really good progress with SlimFast? How do you like the program? How are you working it? Any replies would be appreciated.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #11  

I used Slimfast during weight loss and am still using it to maintain my loss.During the losing process I usually had two cans a day., breakfast and lunch along with counting calories. I stick to low calorie foods and watch for carbs and sodium. I eat about every 3 hours. Meal, snack. meal, snack, etc. My snacks are something like Laughing Cow cheese wedges , 35 calories, non fat yogurt 60 calories as an example. I sometimees make a smoothie adding half a banana to my Slimfast in the blender, either chocolate or vanilla is good. Strawberry SF with about 6 strawberries blended together.Good luck.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #12  
is baaaad to the bone!

Welcome Jusalil - I have had great success s/SlimFast - lost over 60lbs since September 23, 2007 by utilizing it as part of a reduced calorie, high fiber, low sodium diet - and incorporating exercise into my lifestyle. For me, using SF was not about following the SF plan (which some here do, and have great success with), but about having a meal supplement (it is not an entire replacement, even the SF plan has you eating other foods while drinking a SF for a meal) for my breakfast - which I don't have time to prepare. Do I not drink SF some days? Sure, but they are rare days. I actually love love love the Rich Chocolate Royale flavor and only buy the ready to drink cans. I don't buy the powder mix because it has a little bit less fiber in it - and I'm a fiber addict.

I hope this helps, you will find that we can be a very active group here and that we can be very helpful to each other in planning, coming up with new ideas, and support. Good luck & check back often!
~Amanda
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #13  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Default Hi Everyone...

Hi there...mind if I join your group.

I am a 36 year old single mom with 2 boys aged 12 and 9. I have had success in the past with Slimfast and have decided to try it again. I work full time and am on the go with my kids alot so I need something that is quick and convenient and doesn't cost a fortune to buy. I am going to start tomorrow morning and get the next 4 days in and then I will incorporate exercise in on Monday. I am committed to getting this weight off although I always sounds so excited the night before I actually start and then for one reason or another I get in a day or two and then fall off the wagon...this time I really want to do this and get back into my old clothes.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight and for those just beginning we need to take it one day at a time...it's an ongoing battle.

I would like to check in here whether it's daily or every other day to post my progress and get to know each of you.
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #14  
is baaaad to the bone!

Welcome! BrownEyedJ!!! May I ask how you have been successful and then gained the weight back? I haven't finished my journey yet, but my plan is to keep SF in my life far beyond when I have lost the weight. I think it is a great way for me to start my day and I actually look forward to that chocolatey goodness. Bargoo has been using it for a couple months since she lost all her weight and is still seeing success maintaining.

Don't give up and check back often - that's the best route to keeping up - even maintainers need to check in daily or every other day - it's motivating and keeps you on plan!!!

Hope to hear more from you!
~Amanda
Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #15  

This morning I put a can of Strawberry SF in the blender with 6 strawberries.Yum! And the strawberries only add about 20 calories. It is really hot here in California today. The strawberry smoothie was just right to start the day.

Last edited by bargoo; 05-16-2008 at 01:32 PM.