3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   starting HMR diet, looking for a buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/142774-starting-hmr-diet-looking-buddy.html)

lesset01 05-19-2008 03:26 PM

starting HMR diet, looking for a buddy

hey everyone! I'm starting the HMR diet today and I wasn't sure if there was anyone who is on it or who is going to start it soon that could be my buddy. I don't see too many mentions of HMR on this site so I wanted to find other people and see how they are doing on HMR.

Thanks so much!

Havasu 05-19-2008 06:06 PM

Funny you should be starting this just now! I just bought some stuff to do the "generic version" that was in Woman's World a while back. I'm starting tomorrow.

lesset01 05-19-2008 09:45 PM

cool! what is the generic version? I bought the HMR at Home shakes kit. Its 3 shakes plus 5 (or more) servings of fruits and veggies plus 1 healthy meal of my choice (instead of hmr entrees) I got a ton of really great recipes from my mom's diabetes magazines to use for the healthy meals. I'm barely done with day 1 but i think i can do this! :)

Havasu 05-19-2008 10:17 PM

Let's see -- WW called it their "supermarket plan" based on the University of Kentucky's plan, which used the HMR products. Looks like it copies the other at home plan -- 3 shakes (I bought Slimfast because it's familiar), 5 fruits and veggies, 2 packaged entrees (I bought mostly Smart Ones).

You can't really find matching products that are as low calorie as the HMR ones, so it will probably work slower. I just need something that's going to nudge me off a long term plateau. :)

lesset01 05-20-2008 12:19 AM

Thats probably a good idea. The HMR products are expensive. I paid $103.00 for the kit that had 3 cans of shake mix, 1 box of shake/pudding packets and 2 free hmr entrees. Thats about 2 1/2 weeks worth. I'm sure if you exercise some there will hardly be a difference? Keep me posted on how yours is doing maybe I don't need to pay for the "real" stuff. I'll let you know how I'm doing too so that you can see if you want to get the hmr brand stuff. I just recently gained almost 20 more lbs and I'm pretty upset about it. I'm at my highest weight ever. I never thought I'd get this big!! :o

waterski chick 05-21-2008 09:39 PM

I just came across this post and thought I'd say hi and tell you that my mom is currently on the HMR program (medically supervised) and is doing great! She said for her the key has been to not get hungry and to mix things up. Go ahead and eat two entrees if you have to, etc. I tried it but it was way too strict for me... but she really likes the fact that she doesn't have to "think" other than to figure out which fruits and veggies she wants with what.

Good luck! Maybe I can get her to join this board...

rln 03-07-2009 07:14 PM

HMR Buddy

Is anyone currently doing the HMR diet. I want to start tomorrow but I know I will need someone for support and who is doing the same diet. I would really appreciate your help