Alli & IBS?

• Has anyone here with a diagnosis of IBS tried Alli? I have IBS usually with the 'D' symptoms as opposed to the 'C'. I am looking for an extra boost as i have hit a plateau after only losing about 15 of the 60 lbs in the 4 months i have been active in my lifestyle change. i hit the plateau about a month and a half ago. Just wondering if the "side effects" would hit me even worse since i already have a bowel problem.

Thanks!
  • Ugh I wouldn't even try it.. I would definitely think it would make it worse!
  • I agree . . . that sounds like it could be a really bad combination . . . just keep doing the good stuff as much as you can and wait out the stall. It will pass (no puns intended )
  • I had IBS with the 'D' symptoms nearly every morning when I needed to go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times within a couple of hours of getting up. I was really worried when my Dr suggested I try Xenical (the prescription version of Alli). Whether its the change to a low fat diet (most likely) or the drug itself I can honestly say my bowel problems have been solved. I no longer have to worry about whether I can reach work in the morning during my daily commute!

Kitty
  • That actually sounds reasonable, Kitty.

I may wait out the plateau until i see my doctor again in August and check with her. Hopefully by then the plateau will be CRUSHED!
  • I have issues with IBS as well, I wouldn't recommend it.