Old 07-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/280.4/180

Height: 5"7"

Default New Feel Full Menu Plan

Hi Everyone!

Okay so after being off plan for a few days, I went to my COD for my WI and was shocked to learn things have changed at LAWL.

So, my counselor tells me that they are no longer using the color program and there is this new thing called "Feel Full". I was on the RED plan and now i have no real plan color just my diary and food book.

On RED I was having 2 1/2 P, 4V, 3FR, 3S, 2D, 1FAT, 2LA Lites.

On this new plan, which has no color, I get

3 1/2P, 4V, 4FR, 5S, 3D, 2 FATs, 2 LA Lites

Portion sizes are changed to just 4oz cooked for most everything except red meat which is 3oz cooked. Also the food categories are broken into two sections, food you can consume everyday and food to "Consume Infrequently".

I am having a lot of trouble fitting in all of this food everyday. I have seen a pound loss in two days on the PLAN, but I feel like I am doing nothing but constantly eating.

Is there anyone else who has been moved to this plan? If so, can you give me some advice on how to eat all this food!!
Winkety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #2  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I've started it too. Wish I could help, I don't think I have had 1 day where I got everything in yet!
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

From someone who isn't getting a new plan, let me just say I'm a little jealous over here...
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I'm with you, Cassie...especially the extra starch and fat...yummmm
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #5  

FIVE STARCHES!?! Oh wow. And I'm excited about adding a THIRD starch in stabilization this week.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #6  
Amy

I am doing this on my own... anyone know what the blue plan changes to? I am considering going back to the center as I am plateauing... maybe a new menu/plan would help?
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #7  
New mommy again :-)

I don't know, Amy...but I've been considering going back to a center myself. Only because I want the stabilization and maintenance part of the program. I think I want to lose about ten more pounds before I go back, though.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #8  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I wonder if this is the new plan my center keeps talking about but hasn't spilled the beans yet as to what it is. Guess I'll see on my trip in Friday. Five starches sounds great but what is the portion size...1/2 piece of lite bread? HA!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Just throwing this out there... my COD is having their open house (actually was last week and part of this week). Weeks are $3. Maybe check your areas to see when they are having theirs. And stabilzation and maintenance was like one price of $79 or something like that.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #10  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Wow!!! I do not know if I could get all of that food in. Does anyone question this??? I mean we are told over and over again to not to go over on our starches ect and here they are saying oh go ahead add two more? I realize that some of the portion sizes have changed but I dont know about this new plan. I already feel like I eat a lot (I am on red w/lites) and I can not imagine increasing my food that much. It would be nice i guess lol but wow
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #11  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Winkety - thanks for sharing this new plan. Sounds like everyone is on the same plan and there are no colors? Is that right? Do the exchanges every change...? Like if someone comes in weighing 290 lbs, do they get the same exchanges as the guy coming in that weighs 190?

I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I had FIVE starches and FOUR fruits......I may just have to go check out my former COD to check this out? Do you go to the one over by 575 and Hwy 92?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 161/140/133

Height: 5'7

I want five starches! Count me in!
chickflickcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #13  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

I am going to ask my COD about this tomorrow but considering our centers up here are relatively new in the maritimes I doubt if they know anything. Mine had no idea about using oranges or grapefruit for FF so there you go. I had to explain in detail what I was doing and they still didn't get it.

But with these new exchanges I am not sure how I would do. I am on red1 no lites and I can't get the food in everydday. They won't move me down and I struggle every day with it. but if the portion sizes are smaller it might actually be less???
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #14  
Princess Heather

I wonder if this is LAWL wide or just certain centers....I'm going to WI tomorrow and I'll see if they mention anything. I have a hard enough time getting all my foods in NOW, i'm on RED 1 no lites.....I can't imagine adding more food........but if it works...SIGN ME UP!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #15  

I think they would still decrease the number of servings for certain food groups as you get closer to goal, just like they do now.

From what I saw of the Gold II that's been discussed, I would definitely have no problem with the changes. I've always thought that the plan lacked in the dairy dept. LA is probably just trying to move forward with the times and latest nutritional trends. For example, lately I've been reading to limit fruits to two a day because of the sugar. To me this would balance out the amount of sugar in the lites. And the extra starch allows us to get more fiber, fiber being another buzz word lately. Same with good fats and calcium consumption. With the protein portions being smaller, but with the number of servings increasing I think it probably averages out to approximately the total protein allotment on the "old" plan. For example, if I was eating 6oz chicken (5 oz cooked) for both lunch & dinner that's 10 oz cooked for 2P servings. Now, I would be eating 4oz and 4oz (cooked weight) for 8 oz and maybe one egg as a 1/2 protein at breakfast and that would also be about 10z protein for 2 1/2P servings. Plus it's easier to spread servings out over the course of the day, instead of the old "no splitting your proteins".

My center has been mum on this topic, also. It will be interesting to read everyone's experience with the new plan.

Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote