Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #31  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing cardio, strength, stretching..all of them. However, I don't count how many calories I burnt by doing them or anything like that. I just enjoy them and try to have fun and just love the feeling of the refreshingness after sweating (hope that makes sense...)

I started small...like 30 minutes Curves 3 times a week. Then I wanted to add some more ... so I added Cardio/Strength DVD kit which has 4 dvds...It's about 45-65 minutes per DVD and I do them 5 times a week. I'm getting very motivated by exercise,as it's making me feel better, not just losing weight...such as no more back and shoulder pain... which led me to add more workout...C25K. I just finished week 1 of C25K...which I do when I don't go to Curves, and also just started Pilates DVD this week. I used to be like the LAST one who would work out and now I even asked my parents if they have any workout stuff at home so I don't have to stop working out while visiting them in October. (they are in Korea, it's been 4 years since I've seen them)

Knowing how much to eat will come in time. I saw this one video on YouTube, wish I can remember who it was... She was talking about ICMYT method...and she had her own weight loss program...and said Paul was SO right. One thing she said was that not just eating consciously, but after each bite, to ask yourself, "am I still hungry" and pay attention to the feeling in the stomach.

It took me awhile to get used to the feeling of hungry/not hungry and I sometimes still eat more even when I'm satisfied because it's JUST so good. However, now I can actually stop eating pudding just because i don't want it anymore, or I can walk out of gas station without buying a chocolate although I want it... Being able to not finish everything is a great feeling!

Let us know what you think of the book and the CD, I wanted to get it but haven't yet. Also, good luck with your loss! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #32  

I read where the server crashed and all posts since 5/22 are gone. So how is everyone doing?

I've decided to quit tracking calories and to stop weighing myself. Tended to weigh daily. I've cut back to weighing once a week. Need to get rid of that diet mentality.

Still eating by the clock, 3 meals, no snacks. But I'm thinking I just may be hungry at meal time. Trying to figure out what my full signal is.
bridge804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #33  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Although I'm still working on stopping when satisfied, I can tell when I am hungry. So I'm not constantly snacking like I did before. I can tell when I'm satisfied too...so I just need to keep telling myself "Hey, it's just food, you don't have to finish it, so since I'm full, just stop..." =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #34  

I'm glad I subscribed to this thread since some posts were lost. The post by vikkivma, below, had a great guideline.

Quote:
I've decided to start this. I figure if I can't stick to it, then it's just me making excuses, because I'm not being banned from food or forced to weigh and measure and count, etc. I've heard that a good guideline to know when you're full is to wait for that moment when you take a big deep breath or sigh.
I've been noticing that I do take a big deep breath when I'm eating. In fact I was out to dinner tonight and realized right in the middle of the deep breath what was happening. But I had so much food left on my plate (about half), and it was so good, that I took 2-3 more bites. Then I quit. I should have quit right after the breath because in about 2 minutes I felt over full. Oh well, work in progress.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #35  

Anyone still following this? I have been, not perfectly though. The last couple of months, have lost about a pound a month. Not fast but much better than gaining while on vacation, etc.

Would like to hear from anyone doing this woe.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #36  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

I'm doing this!! but doesnt seem like this thread has been active since may!

Maybe someone can make one for august?
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #37  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge804 View Post
I'm glad I subscribed to this thread since some posts were lost. The post by vikkivma, below, had a great guideline.

I've been noticing that I do take a big deep breath when I'm eating. In fact I was out to dinner tonight and realized right in the middle of the deep breath what was happening. But I had so much food left on my plate (about half), and it was so good, that I took 2-3 more bites. Then I quit. I should have quit right after the breath because in about 2 minutes I felt over full. Oh well, work in progress.
That is really really true! i read this just before i had my dinner. and whilst i was eating my dinner, near the end of it, i remembered what you said, and i found myself sighing and drawing a deep breath. but i was being greedy guns and continued to eat, despite the fact that i knew i was SATISFIED and full. but i continued...and then yep , realised i was borderline between full and stuffed! oh well will try better next time! its a learning process

but i have to say, i took 24 minutes eating my meal, and i only ate 1/2 of what i normally would have been able to consume
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote