Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #121  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Looks like mostly and pleasantly warm (mid 20's / mid 70's). Still seems a little muggy, though. Might just have to force myself outside today.

ROSEBUD . . . here's the link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ . . . but -- the ED is pretty easy to calculate anyway . . . just divide calories by gram weight.

BTW, I order from Amazon all the time and no problems. I agree you should always be careful but you are pretty safe with the bigger places.

Also, GAIL is right too -- I imagine you could order by telephone from the closest Chapters/Coles.

Well -- of I go to do my 3FC rounds -- hope you all hve a really great day.

Last edited by meowee; 06-09-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #122  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the weight losers! It's a happy thing when there's been so many that I forget who I need to congratulate!

I was interested in that Natl Weight Loss Registry thing, too, so I waded through the forums and here's a link to it- http://www.nwcr.ws/ . You need at least a 30 lb loss for a year to qualify.

We've had many days and nights of big thunderstorms lately- first it was frost all the time, now we're full tilt into summer! I really like hearing the thunderstorms at night when I'm in bed, though.

Last edited by ArtCat; 06-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I order from Amazon.com all the time, too. I have never had a problem, but I take a sort of "Devil may care" attitude, which is probably not wise....
Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #124  
Onward and Downward

Hi there

Just wanted to say HI really quickly -- for some reason my morning is running way behind -- it's almost noon now.

See you later . . .
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to share a very important article about how we lose muscle mass as we get older, and this contributes to our dependency and inability to live independently:

http://www.healthletter.tufts.edu/issues/2003-03/sarcopenia.html

This gives me motivation to start working out regularly!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

thesusanone- that's a good article. thanks

everyone have a great day
Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #127  

Susan, that is a very informative article. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am 65, almost 66 (yikes), so it applies to me.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #128  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thanks for the link MEOWEE ... and the suggestions ladies: all good ideas!

ROSEBUD
Old 06-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #129  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

And it is -- sunny and mild but a little breezy -- when I first got up it was a far different story, but then we had a major line of thunder storms go thropuh about 8 am and everything changed quite dramatically.

Bough one of those bags of sweet potato spears yeterday -- bag says it contains 16 cups and a cup is a serving -- had a serving yeterday; just boiled along with my asparagus. Not bad, but it certainly doesn't taste anything like potatoes. Just another type of squash to my mind. I have a recipe for sweet potato oven fries that I will try, though; maybe tonight. Whatever I do with them, I guess I'll be eating them a lot for a while since I cannot stand the idea of wasting them.

Other than that . . . SSDD around northern Nova Scotia . . . hope the rest of you have decent weather and a fun day full of great and exciting events.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #130  

tonight I made a yummy quiche loaded with veggies. yum
Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #131  

Linda, some sweet potatoes are better than others. You can't beat a nice sweet, flavorful one. I boil them until they are soft enough to mash - this takes a while even in the microwave. Then I add some orange juice if they need it. Tastes like desert. I haven't tried the oven fried sweet potatoes, but they sound good.

We went to Costco today. Came home with 12 heads of lettuce, among other things. I have to keep the lettuce in my styrofoam cooler since it won't fit in my refrigerator. Also bought Tilapia, a bag of little red, yellow and orange sweet peppers, some filet steak, tri-tip, a huge box of strawberries and some blackberries.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #132  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Didn't try the sweet potato fries yesterday but I did add some to my egg white omlette along with some spinach - quite tasty. I think they are starting to grow on me.

Weather around here is having difficulty deciding what to do with itself today -- kind of half sunny and half cloudy and definitely not warm with a predicted high of not quite 20C/69F.

This is the normal 'shopping extravaganza' day so walking will be my major exercise for the day.

Hope everybody else has a great one, too . . . see you later.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #133  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I make those sweet potato fries a lot- my DH loves them and they're better for you than plain potatoes. I just take the raw ones, cut them long and thin like fries, toss with oil on a cookie sheet and bake at a high heat (stir once) until they're crispy. We love them! I would guess that the ones precut in the bag are a little less tasty than if you buy the whole raw potato. It seems that way with everything that's pre-processed for you. They're also a lot cheaper!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #134  

Silly me, I didn't realize I needed to update my ticker after the big crash.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Hi and hello to everyone! I am stopping in to touch base - before flying off again! Been quite busy - eldest son is "graduating" (we homeschool and he just finished his GED testing) and is gearing up to high speed for his scout Eagle project, DH left this morning to go fishing on Lake Ontario for two days, and youngest son never seems to tire out (but I do!). Next week is my last week of bus driving before the summer break starts, and I am READY for a bit of downtime.

Have been keeping OP, and making certain the numbers are staying around 1500...hope last week's loss wasn't just a freak accident!

The garden is just about all in, the garlic is nearly ripe and will be ready to pick in the next month, and I think I might just plan a daily walk in the early morning when school vacation starts - as a gift to myself! I love the smell of dawn, and the birds calling, and the cool before the day's heat kicks in. And (most 'specially), the quiet of my kids still sleeping
Closed Thread