3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Volumetrics - May/June - 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/141261-volumetrics-may-june-2008-a.html)

judipurple 06-06-2008 07:41 PM

I blinked and there it was!

whoa - where's the last two weeks go? I read that there were server problems, but they managed to only lose the past two weeks - and saved 10 years(!) of posts. There is so much info - VALUABLE info - contained in these forums, and I am grateful that it wasn't lost. I will admit to a mild sense of panic:fr: when I couldn't enter "the realm" today - but, it's all good!:carrot: Glad to be back:hug:

gailr42 06-06-2008 09:48 PM

Seems to me that there should be a month's worth of lost weight along with the lost posts!

I made hot and sour soup and spinach salad with dried cherries from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food cookbook. I had this for lunch and it was very tasty. The hot and sour soup has tofu and an egg in it.

I was weighing 145 for quite a while. I got down to 142 for about 10 minutes, and now I am weighing 144, so I think maybe I did loose one pound for good, anyway.

Today marks six months of no gaining - dare I say maintaining? I could say I am at a plateau, but I really haven't been trying to loose. I have never, ever before gone six months without gaining weight back. If I make it to December, I will be eligible to join the National Weight Loss Registry. Never thought I would be so thrilled by that idea. :lol:

meowee 06-07-2008 07:00 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Things seem stable this morning, than goodness. :yes:

As well as losing two weeks of information, I just realized that the tickers got reset back to the May 23 level too -- so, you may need to change yours -- I know I did. :lol:

Yesterday was a beautiful :sunny: day and I had to spend most of it at the car doctors getting the annual physical. Today, not so nice so far, but maybe the sunshine will come along later.

Hope everybody else has a great day . . . :carrot:

judipurple 06-07-2008 08:14 AM

Good job Gail!!! :dancer: I can't wait to get to that point in my travels - Way to go!

Meowee, we are anticipating 90+ degrees here in southern New England, and it's supposed to last for 4 days.:flame: Aaaack - I'll ship that up north to you!!!

Now, I :finally: get to announce a Loss!!!:carrot::broc::cb: I held off weighing myself again, was more aware of my sodium intake, kept my numbers averaging 1500, and it finally broke the plateau. Lost 2.5! :goodscale:

Now, to keep on keeping on!!

gailr42 06-07-2008 11:32 AM

Judi, 2.5 lbs! That is wonderful. Congratulations!!!!

teacher1 06-07-2008 07:41 PM

Good Judi!!

Been busy with family issues and internet issues at home. Oh, I need a good night sleep.

judipurple 06-07-2008 11:37 PM

Thanks, teacher & Gail - yeah, my 'puter is giving me fits as well, and I have a craft show early tomorrow morning - gotta go to bed, to squeeze in a few hours sleep! They're predicting another 90+ degree day, so I'll be melting quietly in the booth! Hmmm - wonder if that'll help with water weight - not!;)

gailr42 06-07-2008 11:49 PM

I need high speed internet and I can't get it where I live. I am thinking about satellite. Anybody have it?

meowee 06-08-2008 08:26 AM

Morning Gang . . . :wave:

I have everything (telephone, TV, internet) through my cable company and everything seems to work pretty well.

Well, it actually got almost hot around here yesterday :lol: today is very overcast, fairly cool, but somewhat muggy just the same. Strange. Nothing exciting in my plans today. Hopefully a little quilting.

See you later. . . :grouphug:

thesusanone 06-08-2008 12:51 PM

congratulations everyone, on your weight loss and your maintenance too! I just wanted to pop in and say that I finally went below 300 and I'm really super happy about it. It has been a few years since I have seen the scale in the 200's. YAY! Volumetrics has been a help. There are a couple things she said in her book that stick with me through the week and help me remember to be mindful about what I put in my mouth.

teacher1 06-08-2008 02:10 PM

thesusanone congrats!!!!!!

no satellite for me. we have internet through the cable company

thesusanone 06-08-2008 05:16 PM

{{{{teacher1}}}} Thanks!!!

Gail: What is the national weight loss registry and what are the rules? You have to have kept the weight off for a certain period of time?

meowee 06-08-2008 08:07 PM

Susan . . . I think there's an article about the National Weight Loss Registry in the Maintainers Forum . . . and I do think you have to have kept the weight off for at least a year.

Justwant2Bhealthy 06-08-2008 08:52 PM

MEOWEE ~ how do I access that list of 7000 foods here at 3FC's??? I would like to try Volumetrics along with my calorie counting, but my library doesn't have hardly any diet or exercise books at all! They seem to be way behind the times in their selection, but then I live in a small town ...

I'm not big on using credit cards, esp online; and I assume that is the only way to get books from Amazon.com ???

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

gailr42 06-09-2008 12:12 AM

I live in an almost non-existant town, but the library can order me books from other libraries if they don't have what I want.

I would think you could order by phone from places like Borders, Barnes and Noble or any other large book store.