Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking Friends and Losers Thread April 28th- May 4th

Ok, it's 10:30am and I am the first to post? Where is everyone??

I fell off the wagon this weekend for sure with a cheesesteak from Pat's in South Philly. I bought brand new living room furniture Friday night so we decided to celebrate. Talk about SALT CITY! I was thirsty for hours afterwards and couldn't get enough water! It was definitely worth it. Anyone who has had a REAL Philly cheesesteak will attest to that!

This is the last full week of classes and I am thrilled to death. I cannot wait for this semester to be over with!

Have a great POP day!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I toppled right off that wagon too.

My DS had a Pack Campout this weekend and it was almost 6 pm they hadn't started dinner and a storm was rolling in. We packed the tents and the boys up and went to Outback and had Cheese Fries and Bushman's mushrooms (which are fried). I had a salad too if that counts for anything. Oh well, I am back on track and didn't do too much damage it appears.

I did hike with the boys on Saturday and for the first time since my DS entered into Cub Scouts, I did a hike and was not out of breath when we got back. It was something to be proud of, but not something that earned me cheese fries (we did only order 1/2 an order and several of us ate them, so it wasn't like I ate and entire order by myself ... I really sound like I am trying to justify eating it).
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

WTF? Only 6 pages last week? COME ON PEOPLE....we can do better than this!!!!

Lettie and Felicia.....so good to see you. Lettie, while you entered Onderland.......I have sunk to my lowest point as a fatty. No more though.....I remember a girl filled with confidence......and she is pretty lost right now...........and I am taking this week to find her and remind her of who she is. OOOOps, sorry for the, "it's all about me moment." Felicia.......I can relate to how you are feeling.....and Lettie......I am super d duper excited for you!!!! Inspire me, girl!!!

Barbara.......what you said about DD's DBF is what I have been hoping for for a long time. My neighbor across the street told me that maybe this all had to happen because he needed us to help him grow up. I shudder to think that DD would have to endure all of this for his sake.......but who are we to question fate, right? You always have a way of putting a positive spin on things, and I want you to know how much I appreciate that. I tend to see the good things in people, but I also tend to get hurt often. I have to try to find that balance to help my DD......who hates me right now. I am not even kidding.......her poor little hormones are going insane, and she is soooo crabby. I swear, she doens't even remember what a decent tone is anymore..... Just imagine.........a 17 yo girl who is already angry at the world........plus mega hormones......eek. But anyway, thank you.........

And thank you to all of you for your kind words of encouragement and wisdom in regards to DD. I appreciate all of you taking the time. It truly helps me.

I only skimmed after being away for the last 5 or 6 days....so I know I missed a few things here and there....

But I did see your story about ****, Katie. Out of the mouths of babes.......I just love it

And Laurie.........congrats on your new Grandson. Pictures???

And Dan........have fun at your Rush concert

And where the heck is Amylou?????

Ok, I have to run.......I have to go to Walmart this a.m. and then to drop off a lunch for DD. I also have to check the flylady today and get with the program. I have been good and my house looks good, but I have not been taking on my weekly assignments.......and since I am really going to be good to me today......I am going to go check it out Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #4  

Smile

HI,
I hope I am in the right place? I am doing LA weight Loss
I am doing okay down ten poinds
I only weigh once a week. We live aways from the city. Its working fine for
me.

Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome Roma!!! You are definetely in the right place.. Post early and often.. Let us know if you have questions, but be warned, we may need your advice too as we wind down this path!! Nice job on your loss so far!!

Amy.. I can just about forgive you for having a "Pat's"... That's one of those cultural icons that everyone should experience at least once.. Do you have yours "wit" or "wit out"?

Our weekend was good.. Danny had a soccer tournament.. They dropped 2 and won one, but the two we lost were very close.. In fact, one team they lost to, had destroyed them the week before.. They made us look awful.. So we spent practicing last week in preparation for facing this team again and it paid off... We only lost by one this time around...

We're doing a pre-Rush BBQ tomorrow night at a friend's house, so Liz and I are taking some low fat chicken brats.. Should be a good time.. I'm getting really jazzed!!!

On the music topic.. If any of you are Asia fans from way back when, the original members (John Whetton, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer and Geoff Downes) have gotten back together and have released a nifty new CD called "Phoenix".. It's got that great classic Asia sound, with a bit more maturity added in.. I recommend it!

I'm in training for the rest of the day, so I'll talk to you later!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #6  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

I was on a rollercoaster this weekend, can't help but to weigh myself every morning, but at an all-time low this morning. Exercising really makes a difference when you hit a plateau.

I'm wondering if anyone has had problems skipping some fats every now and then, I usually only use fats when I have salad dressing and I'm not having any salads today. Let me know...
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #7  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, all! We actually did good this weekend. I went to WI on Saturday and had lost 4 pounds since Tuesday. That was good to see! DD's first dance recital was on Saturday and she did so great! Afterward, I asked, "Baby, were you scared when you walked out onstage and saw all of those people?" and said, "No! They were there to see ME!!" I'm deep in planning her 4th birthday (May 22nd) and I'm excited! Sunday, there was church and then DS and DH had track practice (DH is a coach and DS is learning to throw the discus and shot put.). We ate well and didn't mess up at all! I'm hoping to see some more results on Tuesday!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies and Gents! So guess what I discovered last night... it was kind of depressing. I need to be at 135 to be at a normal BMI. That makes me sad. Because once I hit my LA goal I will still have 20 lbs to go to get to 135. ugh! Guess I have a new goal huh?

Hope you all had a good weekend. We had a blizzard! Can you believe it? Ridiculous! Seriously! I heard we are supposed to get more snow this weekend. If this is true I am moving! HA!

Last edited by cecil; 04-28-2008 at 12:53 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #9  
Post-Master

Oh, Cecilia.......a blizzard? That is just gross. I was planting flowers and such all weekend..........

Dan.......did you see the movie with the Saturday night live dude, Andy Samberg, where he is a real dumb dare devil who thinks he is Evil Kenevil (sp)? I cannot remember the name right now........oh, Hot Rod? There is quite a bit of music from Asia in that movie The movie is kind of dumb, but funny......it all depends on who you watch it with. If you watch it with a bunch of teenagers.....it is pretty darn funny. Anyway.........I now associate Asia with really bad stunts.....and it makes me laugh, just a little too much.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #10  
Post-Master

Oh, and welcome Roma and Julie and any other newbies
Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! I am busy playing catchup today. We took our kids to Helena, Montana over the weekend to mine saphires and garnets. It was fun, and we found some really pretty stuff. Today I am trying to work and get my laundry and housework done.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd stop by quickly to say hi!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #13  
Post-Master

Hey there skinny, Jillian

Hey everyone....I don't know if any of you have checked out Jillian's link for her NAMI walk........but if you have a second or two...check it out It is at the bottom of her signature.

Ok, ok........I will get to work. I just bought some new bulbs at Walmart, and I am sooo excited. I want to plant them, but I have to wait until tomorrow. We are supposed to get our last (we hope, we hope) frost tonight after midnight. I should not get any, as I don't live in a valley.....but you just never know. I will be covering all of my plants tonight.......what a pain in the butt!!!
XOXO
Old 04-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #14  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya everyone!

We're lucky there isn't a breaking news story today about a crazy woman throwing a scale from a helicopter...

It's been a strange week and it's not just the sclae because I've checked on more than one (obsessed much?) but there is a 13lb discrepancy between last Monday's weight and today's. Seriously WTF? TOM is here and we're going through a heatwave that does normally make me retain extra but I haven't seen a water weight fluctuation like that since I was pregnant with Mini-Me 17 years ago! I'll be really watching the salt and picking up some lemons at the grocery store on my way into work this afternoon I guess.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #15  
Amy

Hey guys!

Kelly- It’s funny how after you’ve been exercising for a while how anything physical gets much easier! Not as much getting out of breath!

Dan- I am definitely “wit”! My boyfriend is from VA originally and ordered a “cheese steak with extra cheese.” They went easy on him!

Nicole- You’re amazing, my mother wouldn’t be as supportive as you’ve been! I too have lost my self-confidence. There is NONE going on over here, let me tell you! I completely understand.

Roma- Welcome! Where are you from? Keep up the amazing work!

Julie- I eat almonds. They’re great for fats. I definitely fall short on fats though.

Felicia- Welcome back! What an amazing way to jump back on the wagon!!! 4lbs! That’s awesome!

Cecilia- that can be disappointing, I understand. Hang in there, baby steps! All towards a healthier you!

Hello to Katie, Jill, Liza, et al!!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote