Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #46  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Heyoos.

Thanks, to all those who have wished me well. I'm doing okay...it's now hitting home, but I'll deal. =) I'm more concerned about my friends who were real good friends with her, I know they're really torn up about it atm. Just trying to be there for them now.

Jillian, congrats on losing that much weight!!! It's quite an accomplishment. =)
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Debbie and Kim!! Look how far you've come.. Talk about success stories... All y'all serve as great examples to the rest of us regarding determination...
Thank you Dan, thats so sweet. It just proves that the program does work if you just stick with it. We all can do this.

I hope the fire eases up some, we miss you around here. Stay safe!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #48  

Good morning!
I had a really good day yesterday. I only missed one serving of fruit. And NO CHEATS! I still have a headache today though. I'm going to try half regular and half decaf. coffee today.

Jill - I get really bad cramps every month. All I would be able to do is lay on the couch. I found an over-the-counter product, called premsyn pms, that really works well for me. I feel almost nothing when I take it. Also, heat does help. I have one of those herbal filled bags that you stick in the microwave for a few minutes. I use the heat until the premysyn kicks in. I hope you feel better today!

I hope everyone has a nice day!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Today I TO

I need to get myself back on program. I still want to lose 10# and at the rate I am going I will instead gain 10! I am going to try doing two days of Take-Off. I detest TO but some things just have to be done! I need to start measuring and controlling my food intake. I have gone overboard on starches. One tiny thing here another there... next thing you know I cannot stop.
Good luck to you all, Tues
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #50  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Tuesday, I have a question. How soon can I neuter my pup? He is 10 weeks old. Last night he would not stop humping us. He is so tiny it is hard to believe he is real, then he goes and does somthing naughty like that!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #51  
LAWL Salt Police

Tuesday...

It's SO easy to get off track as we get closer to our goals.. Beyond doing a TO, which I feel in this instance is a good idea as it can get you back in that mental "place", you also need to refocus with regard to your daily activities.. Make sure, as you get back on track, you don't have any major eating events planned like a vacation or night out with friends.. If you do, that makes getting back on track harder... That said, if you do foresee an "eating event" in the near future, this is a good test to your resolve..

Because the LAWL plan is a lifestyle, we have to test our selves, to see how we do when faced with potentially bad choices.. How best can we minimize the damage.. You're free to live with this plan, so you don't want to deprive yourself of having a good time, but if you can put some limits on yourself and stick with them, you're going in the right direction...

Next, evaluate the foods you have at home. Have some no-no's crept back into the cuppoard for one reason or another? I know they have at my house, and it's so hard to resist when they are there.. Last night, we had a lean pork loin roast for dinner, as well as salad and steamed veggies.. Well, mom-in-law wanted some fritos (her guilty pleasure) so she had her bag on the table.. It would have been better for us to serve her some on her plate and put the bag away, but instead, we left it there and as a result, I added some to my plate as well.. It's so easy to be bad, we don't even think about it...

You're right on about starting to weigh and portions things again.. After being on the plan for a while, we think we can be a good judge of weights and measurments, but it would do us all good if we get back to dragging the scale out to make sure we're getting enough..

Now go forth and sin no more!!!

Be one with your POP, all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #52  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the advice everyone. My doctor said to take 4 Ibuprofen 3 times a day. I took 4 when I got up and I’m just now starting to have a little pain. I’m going to take 4 more at lunch.

I’m also going to try the premsyn. I wish I could’ve just stayed in bed today.

I was also on BC from the time I was 14 because this is just how TOM has always been me..........awful and painful. I stopped taking BC a few years ago b/c my period had stopped w/ my weight gain. Apparently, I've lost enough and am healthy enough now for it to return. It's a good thing I guess. Means my body is getting back to normal again.

I had a long talk w/ the DF last night about going back on BC because this is so hard on me. We decided not to and instead we are going to take this opportunity to try and get pregnant. I’m pretty excited. It makes dealing w/ all this pain a lot easier if I know it’s for a cause!

I was up 1.8 lbs today too. It HAS to be water-weight b/c I have been POP for 8 days now. I’m trying not to stress over it, but that puts me up over 5 lbs this week!!

Does anyone else have weight gain like this during their TOM?? I was expecting a couple of pounds but 5???!!!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!!

Its been so nice here in FL, I took the boys out for a walk yesterday and today we’re going to the mall and then hopefully get a walk in this afternoon also. I think I’ve been going a little over on my starches, maybe not a whole 1 but some and the extra exercise will help out with that. If next Monday I have a bad WI I definitely know why.

Katie – that pup is soo cute. I actually dreamt about puppies last night.

Amy/Jersey – Glad you got your car back, sorry it cost $400. I hate car repairs, it always cost so much. I’m so glad that DH is very good with cars and does all of our oil changes, brake stuff and anything except for body work. It definitely saves us a lot.

Dionne – You do sound busy. I hope everything goes great with the party and you get everything done before the trip. WTG on getting the exercise in tho. That’s great.

Michie – We miss you around here but if it means you getting in some exercise then that’s great. I don’t see anything wrong with you scaring your BF into dieting with you.

Gonnabe – I always start my water late also, I can never seem to drink water in the morning unless I’m exercising but a glass of water 1st thing is a great way to start the day. I also have my 1st glass at about 1-2pm but then I’m drinking all day and I make sure it’s a real big glass. Hope you are doing better today with the caffeine withdrawal

Jill – so sorry you were in so much pain yesterday, man I hate TOM. I’m so glad that its been over a yr and a half since I’ve had it and I don’t look forward to the day which could be any day. L. I hope you are feeling better today.

Barbara – Yay for getting rid of the fat clothes, I still have a ton and I really should get rid of them. I’m waiting until I reach goal tho. I hate to buy new stuff and then they are big in a short time but I’ll take big over tight any time. J Get back on and I’m sure whatever water weight you have will disappear in no time.

Tina – You have to have those times where you just eat what you want or you wont be satisfied and end up just going off plan completely, just move on from it. No need to apologize.

Tami – I like your way of thinking. I’m so close to losing a 20lb bag of rice. That feels good. Thanks

Star – so sorry to hear about your friend. how did it happen, sorry if you answered this before, I don’t recall reading it.

Tuesday – You can do this hun! You came so far already, no going back now.

Dan

everyone I missed.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Debbie24; 04-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning/afternoon everybody!!!

I was on Calorie King earlier, (yeah I'm at work and bored) LOL I got a shock. The little Ruby Minis hamburgers at Ruby Tuesday have 1,310 calories all by themselves with NO sides, sheesh! The turkey burger has 810 calories and 45 grams of fat!! You'd think turkey would be a good choice! I guess it pays to do some research! Chicken Caesar salad at Chilis is 1,010 calories and 76 grams of fat! I swear I'm gonna stop eating out! LOL Scares me to death!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #55  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day. i have the day off today, but only because i scheduled a dentist appt and dr appt today. already done with the dentist appt and now have the dr appt this afternoon. and now that i've already gone to the eye dr in january that means i've gotten all my yearly exams out of the way! yay! that makes me happy!

thanks to everyone for all the kind words/thoughts/comments to me lately! i really means so much to me. i still can't believe how far i've come and that i've FINALLY made this a permanent lifestyle change. it makes me feel very proud of myself.

hope everyone has a good day!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #56  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Good morning everyone
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #57  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Lettie.....can you hear meee?????
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #58  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Morning (afternoon) all!

Jillian - Congrats on the 60 lbs lost. WTG. Nice new pic.

Kim Good to See you.

Nichole - Maybe you and Katie can start a business with the Shampoo's and Detergent. I just read on yahoo or MSN about these teenage CEOs and one of them started doing this very thing. Something to think about when the kids get overwhelming.

House progress - I have a foundation. Next I will have blocks. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by aguerin; 04-09-2008 at 01:05 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Amy!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #60  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfThreeTeens View Post
Good morning/afternoon everybody!!!

I was on Calorie King earlier, (yeah I'm at work and bored) LOL I got a shock. The little Ruby Minis hamburgers at Ruby Tuesday have 1,310 calories all by themselves with NO sides, sheesh! The turkey burger has 810 calories and 45 grams of fat!! You'd think turkey would be a good choice! I guess it pays to do some research! Chicken Caesar salad at Chilis is 1,010 calories and 76 grams of fat! I swear I'm gonna stop eating out! LOL Scares me to death!
Too funny Kim.. I had a spicy chicken bowl from Maki Yaki earlier.. I got extra veggies and didn't finish my rice, but I'm sure the calorie count was MUCH higher than it needed to be..

I'm going to repost this link regarding restaurant foods... Get ready for your jaws to drop, all you newbies...

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/?c...s%20Not%20That

If this doesn't get you to change your eating out habits, NOTHING will...

And with this post, I've passed 1,800 since I joined 3FC... How have y'all put up with me and my rambling on??
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote