Old 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #1  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

Question Opinions and advice on detoxing?

Hey guys, i'd like your opinion on detoxing kind of things. I'm not really sure where to start but for ages and ages i've been feeling sluggish and i go through cycles of being bloated, really badly bloated for a week and then having a vague stomach ache for a few weeks, it isn't related to TOM as i've been keeping an eye on that for 4/5 months and it shows no correlation. I am just thinking maybe i need to give my system a really good flushing out. I'm not sure how to go about it. I've read things about detox diets or these 3 day detox things or fasting help with things like that. I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I'm fed up of feeling sluggish
Thanks very much
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know you may have a food allergy and not be aware of it.

You could start eliminating foods that tend to cause issues...

Dairy
Wheat (in a lot of things but can be done)
Peanuts

Personally, I think a 'whole foods' detox is really the way to go. Eat lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, etc.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #3  
Carb fiend!

S/C/G: 246/232/140

Height: 5'8"

I know i'm not good with large amounts of dairy products ever since i was small as i'd have stomach ache after drinking milk and eating yoghurt. Never had a problem with cheese. Perhaps i should see my doctor in a while.
FakeFrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

I'd say this doesn't sound like something that can be fixed with a detox, a trip to the doc is a good idea. Things like lactose intolerance and wheat allergy could be the cause, but you need to take tests to determine what is actually the problem. I get bloated if I eat too much bread, no allergy just my body saying enough now girlfriend
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd like to add another "you might want to see a doctor". The body, when functioning normally, doesn't need any kind of "detox"...it does that itself. If it isn't doing that, you may have a medical thing that needs to be addressed.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. I'm with the "see a doctor" crowd as well. I simply don't believe in "detoxing". I think it's a fad that people have made up to encourage you to buy pills and drinks and books and so forth.

A healthy body doesn't need to "detox". And an unhealthy one probably needs more than 3 days of drinking warm lemon juice!

.;
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote