Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #61  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hello Fellow POPstars!! So far this month I'm failing miserably at being POP. So like Amy and several others, I would like to recommit today and finish the rest of this month as being POP.

Leigh Ann you are so right. One meal at a time. If I just focus on that I believe I can do this!!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #62  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hey POPers!

Well-today was not exactly POP. I had a catered dinner at a meeting I had to go to and while I did make the "best" choices possible, I think I went over on protein and fat-but I'm looking at it as an accoplishment since there were a lot of temptations.

So onward and upwards tomorrow! Can't wait to get going on being POP day after day! I've done it before and I can do it again!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

Okay so I'm having this issue. I'm POP all day long and feel great about it. From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m seem to be my dark hours. Every day for the past week between those hours, I make the decision to go off plan.

It's driving me nuts. I know if I can make it into dinner POP, I'm golden for the rest of the evening. Trying again today.......
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #64  
Laurie

Come on Jill. You know you can do this. My "dark hour" is in the morning in my car on my way to work when I pass McD's. They seem to call my name. And sometimes my car just wants to go visit. Has a mind of its own I tell ya. Anyway, if you can make it through your hours then I can make it through mine. We can report back on this thread in the morning to check up on each other. Deal??
Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #65  

Deal Laurie. And I promise to check in w/ you tomorrow even if I don't make it through the night OP. I am horrible about staying away from the board when I'm naughty.

But what am I talking about? I'm going to do great so it's irrelevant!!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #66  
Laurie

You got that right chickie!! We will both make it and both report it in the morning. And if need be, we can keep on reporting every morning it it will help us.

Last edited by chiquita623; 04-16-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #67  

Jill and Laurie -

During those tough times of day, can you plan to have a snack or something? That's what has helped me. My tough time - when the kids get home from school. It's mid-afternoon, I'm hungry and I have to fix them snacks and help them with homework while I watch them munch. So, I've just started eating a lighter lunch and a pretty big afternoon snack (ie - a Lite, some Wheat Thins and LC Lite cheese or banana). It keeps me from wanting to sneak a bite of whatever they're having. (Well, not entirely, but it does make it easier!)

You can do it! Working through these tough issues is what's going to make us successful long-term, don't you think?
LeighAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #68  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Leighann,

I agree with you, if you are able to indetify the problem times try to plan for them. I got these awesome fruit popsicles that are only a Condiment. I like having one when I want to cheat. Ha! Plus it's soo cold it makes me not want to eat anything else! Edy's all fruit popsicles! Life Saver! Try them!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I've stayed POP since my last-half-of-April recommitt. Evenings are my toughest time, along with the drive home in the car on days when I don't take the train. I try to do what others have suggested - save a lite or some light snack for times where I know I'm tempted.

When all "regular" food has been eaten and I'm still wanting something after dinner, I'll turn to one or more of these: decaf coffee/diet soda, SF popsicles, crystal lite, SF candy, SF jello, hot lemon water.

Have a great POP day! I plan to get outside for my 4th lunchtime walk of the week (big accomplishment for me). Looks to be @ 70 degrees today. Yay!
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #70  
Laurie

Hey Jill - I made it past my morning munchie time. How'd you do last night?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #71  

I made it too! There was a discussion about going out for Chinese for dinner last night. My idea, I am totally my own worst enemy. Something clicked in my head and I was like “you know what? Forget it. I’m staying on plan today so we’ll have tilapia & baked potatoes instead, as planned.” HUGE progress!!

I weighed-in this morning hoping to see a big loss b/c of my good behavior and I was only down .4 of a pound. That brings me right back to where I started this month. A little disappointing.

I realized last week w/ my TOM battle that I have big time scale issues (actually, it was pointed out to me by the people on this forum : )). It has some kind of magical power over me and I need to not let that little electronic devil control my life and eating habits. It has for years and I really need to GET OVER IT!

So……I vow to not WI again until Saturday and stay POP until then.

P.S. I put those popsicles on my grocery list. Thanks Cecilia!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #72  
Laurie

Jill - Great job on dinner last night. I'm so proud of you for doing what you knew was the right thing. I'm like you with the scale issues. I put mine in the basement bathroom and only use it on Monday and Thursday. My "official" WI is on Monday. At least I'm not on it daily like I used to be. Maybe someday I'll only get on it once a week.

I'm getting the popsicles too. They sound wonderful!!!

POP til Saturday. Here we go Jill. We can do this together!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #73  

Right on! I'll try to check on Sat, but might not get back to you until Monday am. I try to stay out of my office during the weekend & away from my computer.

We can totally do this. I'm feeling very empowered today!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I am PROMISING myself that I will stay POP this weekend! Still POP last half of April. How's everying doing?
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #75  

I’m doing very well! Have been POP since Wed. I’ll stay POP w/ you this weekend Lady!

It was SO hard not toWI this morning. I feel like I’ve dropped some, especially water-weight b/c my rings are all loose today. But I didn’t want the electronic devil to ruin my day in case I was wrong.

I’ll WI tomorrow, but probably won’t be back online until Monday to report the results. I need to spend some time w/ the DF this weekend. We’re getting along so great right now and we need to treat ourselves to some fun. I think we’re going try and get out of the house tonight, go out for drinks to our fave pub or something. Don’t worry……I’ve set some starches & fruits aside for the night and will stay OP!