Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #91  
Tami

S/C/G: 80 to lose/14 lost/66 left

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone....

So sorry to hear of all of your losses. Jeesh! It's been a tough couple of days for some of you. It's so hard to imagine your life without your little furry family members. I too have been battling the inevitable. My Coco (tiger cat) is 18 years old, has thyroid problems and sometimes she's so bad I think I might have to put her down, but then she'll totally surprise me and act younger than her years. She's on meds, but the day will come and I'll grieve as if she was a human child. Her Doc is always amazed that she does so well.

As to the topic of child support...here in NY many years ago, I worked in that area doing pre-trial work. Back when I was working there...it was the biological parent that was financially responsible for the children and, if I'm not mistaken...the Federal G'ment has stepped in with some kind of regulations across the board. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that happening. :-)

Well, it's my 2nd day back on plan..and 2nd day on FF. Isn't it odd that even without getting on the scale, you feel like your body has changed. I'm sure it's just in my head, but I've always felt that FF took away the carb cravings... Anyone else ever feel that way?

Anyway..it's been a long couple of days and I have a lot of chores to catch up on as well as stripping the dreadful paint of my front door. (I swear there must be 20 coats on it!)

Have a wonderful evening!

Tami
tje4481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #92  
Amy

I worked in payroll here in Jersey, paying people in the tri-state area and handling garnishments, etc. Only the bilogical parent can be responsible!

I didn't know you were a mom Cecilia!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #93  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Liza- Fred and George, that is cute!

Tami- FF always takes away the carb cravings for me, too.

Nicole- Always so wise!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #94  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

and always yapping....

Cecilia......just so you don't misunderstand......my speech was only to remind you that you don't always have to do it alone I was a single mom for quite a few years......and it takes a lot of undoing
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Amy, I am a Business Accounting major at UoP. Taking Information Technologies right now. I worked in property management and managed new home sales for several years. My current job is stressful (understatement) so I thought I would go back to the tried and true sometime soon.
My sympathy to all those who lost a pet this week. As a long time animal welfare person I understand the stress and sense of loss.
Grieve as a gift to those you love.
Take care of yourself as a gift to those you love.
Love yourself as a gift to those who love you.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #96  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Barbara - I'm sorry I meant to reply and I got caught up in the doggies. Now I feel bad for not paying proper tributes and respects to my step mom. My Dad is dealing with it. He didn't expect to outlive her and mourns the loss of his best friend. He is moving on though and finding ways to spend his time. My niece is an avid skydiver and he will be staying with her now as he loves watching her skydive and her overall energy and youth. She doesn't mind having grandpa around and in fact loves his company. I'm actually jealous because I feel the same way but happy for them to have that bond. My Step Mom was a pretty incredible lady too. They had just returned from Hawaii before she passed and she had been hang gliding while they were there... at 88 years old! Keeping up with my Dad is not an easy or boring task....

I'm sorry about your Dad going through a divorce. Step Mom was actually his first wife who he left for my Mom, the woman he left my Mom for did the same thing as your step Mom. 27 years of marriage and decided she didn't want an old man around. The first wife never gave up on him and waited for 40 years to come back... he did and they just remarried a couple of years ago. Again, she was an incredible lady!

Ok, it's off to bed for me. I have a big day tomorrow. Hopefully it will bring this ongoing stress to an end for me and I can start getting back to a normal (whatever that is) life again and start looking towards the future. Even if it is without my best friend by my side.

Sweet dreams everyone.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #97  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! Today and tomorrow my kids are on Spring Break, so they are going to help me to clean house, hahahaha! As the snow melts, I am amazed at how much garbage is in my yard, so that is a priority today as well, if it gets warm enough. The high is 47 today, so it will be balmy! 50 tomorrow, then snow over the weekend. Bluck! This weekend we are going to the Monster Truck show (for DH and DS), then to a mineral and gem show to buy some new crystals. That should be really fun.

Liza- GL with your endeavors today, I hope that it all goes in your favor!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #98  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good morning friends! I can't believe it's already Thurs! I'm off to work but wanted to check in!

Liza-what an interesting story about your step mom!!! That just amazes me.

Cecilia-the rules definitely differ state to state. I know in CA there are ways that the support can be affected once the non custodial parent remarries. I tried to look up the statute where you live-but I am so unfamiliar with your state that I wasn't able to find the right resources. From what it looks like, they can't exactly garnish his wages BUT if your ex petitioned the court to reconfigure the amount you are to pay due to changed circumstances, the judge may consider your remarriage in computing a new figure for you to pay each month. That is a long drawn out process, one your ex will probably not want to go through, so as long as you don't get behind you should be ok. This is just the general consensus that I gathered-I'm not certain so don't rely on me!! Congrats on getting serious with BF!! Are you guys living together now? I know you were struggling with that decision a while back?

Star and Tami-so good to see some newbies! I used to post all the time, but I've been distracted. Welcome to the boards! I hope you guys are doing great!

ok-off to worky! Have a great thurs!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #99  
Post-Master

........Amylou....you crack me up...."off ot worky." My sis always teases me for making up my own words.......so I like that in a person!!!

Well......I am 3 days POP. I am not exactly following LAWL, but that is not because I don't believe in the program......it is just time for change for me. I still incorporate much of what I have learned in my daily eating habits. I am kind of calorie counting and using fitday. I feel pretty confident, as I have done well so far this week. We'll see........

It is raining here again today in Sunny St. Louis. We have been flooding for weeks now. It is horrible. I am on high ground, so I should be just fine, but there are some mudslides along the Mississippi, which is a new natural disaster around here. Good old Missouri........if there is a natural disaster.....we just don't want to be left out. The flooding is north of me and southwest of me. I consider myself quite lucky. Although we were warned and made sure to purchase a home that is NOT in a flood plane......quite a feat around here.

Barbara.....I am going to have to read back to see what is going on with you. Sometimes I skim when I am in a hurry. I hope everything is ok.

Lettie.......what says you????

So, I am calling out to any old timers......Cassi, Kristen, Kims, Lea Ann, Joni, Pearl.......

Let us know how you are doing

I WI this a.m., and I am really tempted to change my ticker.....but I think I will wait until Monday. Part of my plan is to only report my WI once a week. I think it is emotionally more healthy for me....as I tend to be obsessed with the numbers (Lost reference). Anyhoooo, it's time to make the donuts.......dang......I mean it's time to change the laundry.....so i am off
Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #100  
Post-Master

helloooooooo..............
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #101  
Amy

Hello all! I hope everyone’s having a great day!

I am not. I had an exam on Tuesday that I studied so hard for and got a 70. I was so upset. That was only the beginning of my day though. I then studied for 3 hours for my next exam in Marketing. Then I had a phone interview for my summer job that went horribly! THEN, I took my Marketing exam, which was by far the hardest exam I have ever taken, and I was a t one point a Math major!

To top that off, I saw this girl in front of me cheating. She’s in another of my classes and cheats in there too. It just really bothered me today that she had her notes out when I was struggling with the exam SO bad. I want to tell the professor but don’t know what to do. I don’t want her to know I told.

Oh well. To drown my sorrows I ate a ham and swiss sandwich on a Kaiser roll and had chips too. The chips were reduced sodium… Oh, AND a piece of my brother’s birthday cake.

Well, enough b*tching. Time to relax on the couch a bit before rehearsal tonight.

Hope everyone else’s day is better!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #102  
Amy

Nicole- I too am incorporating LAWL into calorie counting and FitDay. Did you download the software? I did, it’s pretty cool…

Katie- Spring break helpers! Yey! I want some! A mineral show? That sounds awesome! I dabble in beading, so that’s awesome!

Tami- how’d FF officially go?

Where is everyone!?>!?!?!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #103  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Jersey - You could anomonously report her to the professors with proof. I mean, violations to the academic code is a BIG deal at my school...you get an automatic "fail" for classes and the like! Eeeep. I know I would have been so PISSED if that happened to me.

Happy Thursday, everyone! Hope all is gong well. I'm pulling in some more overtime at the computer lab, which SUCKS. but I gotta do what I gotta do! I might do more overtime on Tuesday if I can get the okay from the supervisors. =(

Other than that, my day's been very, very very sloooow. I'm tired of working already!

Amy - Thanks for the welcome! I've been posting here for about a month, though. =) It's going well!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #104  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to check in before I go clean the house and cook dinner. I went to WI today and was up .2. I am trying to not let this bother me, however it is discouraging to stay POP and exercise as much as I have been and see a gain. I am still telling myself it is from gaining muscle because I don't know anything else it could be. I get measured next week and hope to see some major inches gone.

Amy- I would definitely check into reporting that girl. I hope that you feel better.

to everyone else- I hope that this has been a POP day for ya'll.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dionne, I always gain a bit when I start exercising much harder. Sometimes the scale is the worst thing to measure your real progress.

Nicole, My dad is going through a bad divorce after 29 years of marriage. My step mom... well I'll be kind and just say she suffers from some sort of a bi-polar disorder and she has not been taking her medication. I believe that she thougth that the court case for the divorce would be her forum for presenting the "sins" of my dad, so that she could justify her divorce. The state of California could care less unless there were laws broken or taxes left unpaid, which is not the case, so now she is trying to present the "case" of her justifiable divorce to everyone they know. Apparently she has compiled a computer CD of my dad's grave faults, including any web site he may have ever visited, and maybe he looked at things that he didn't want shared with his grandchildren, but really... how childish. Who does this after they have been married to a person for almost 3 decades? Anyway, hard to not read the filth that she is spewing about my dad... as she is sending this to his extended family in an attempt to discredit him. I think it just makes her look like the crazy vindictive woman that she is. Still it upsets me, and makes me worry about my dad.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote