Old 03-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #46  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello to everyone else, also.

I will try to get back on later. I just scanned the posts real quick and now I have to go do yearbook stuff and Easter stuff.

Have a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #47  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

HI everyone! How are y'all doing?

I am fine, I have a little nausea, and back pain, but no morning sickness! YAY! I am excited to go to my first doctors appt, and I will be sure to post any ultrasound pics for all to see. I am so excited about this pregnancy, I weigh 40lbs less now than I did when I got pregnant with DS! WOW!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #48  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Well I bit the bullet today & went back to my COD. I haven’t been there since the end of November. I walked in, sign the book and didn’t know any of the three girls working there. The one girl pulled my chart and saw that I hadn’t been there for awhile so she went running to one of the other girls. They stood there and talked about my situation for about 5 minutes before one finally called me back. Of course the first thing the girl said was that I’ll probably have to pay more but they would just charge me the cost of a “six weeks start up”. I told her right out that I was on a medical leave, that my plan was on hold and I will not be spending any more money for this program. So now the next time I go in I get to meet w/ the manager. Lucky me! This is the first time I’ve been back since I quit nursing so I had no clue of what plan I should be on. The counselor put me on plan 3 and then I told her I’m not using the lites and she said I’ll still be on plan 3. Does this sound right? I would have guessed I’d be on plan 2 w/ lites, but plan 3 w/o lites. When I was nursing I was on a modified plan 3 w/o lites. I guess I’ll just have to give it a try & see how it goes. She also wants me to start over w/ the express plan. That really sucks because the protein is so limited. One good thing about going back in today is I weigh exactly the same as I did in November. So I guess I know how to maintain!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimberly, I just have to think that carrying 40 fewer pounds is going to make this pregnancy easier on you. You've done great! Ultrasounds are so much better than they were when I had my daughter.

Nicole, good for you to entertain so many people and take care of 5 kids, one of them a weepy pregnant girl and get the laundry done! Sounds like you deserve some sort of a medal to me.

Cecilia, How many calories in a Red Bull? Just try to make the best possible choices for you, usually the best possible choice for me is eating on plan, but occasionally the best possible choice is to enjoy myself with my loved ones... since you've got to pick the important things in life, and sometimes it is not the calorie count for that particular day. Not that a choice to enjoy yourself with your loved ones is a ticket to binge. I've been watching the skinny women, and they enjoy themselves, and even have a treat or a drink, and then they stop..... So I"m trying to become one of them, but for me it takes a lot of discipline to have a little bit and not go wild.

Tonight is what we in our house consider the official end of Lent.... Liquid something is in my near future.... I only drank a champagne toast at my niece's wedding in the last 6 weeks and it seems that this was harder than the last time I gave up alcohol for lent.

Today we are getting some carpet replaced (second shift as this carpet matches the old and had to be special ordered). Last thing for home improvement for a good long while for us. Amazing how new carpet makes the house seem fresher. So I"m working from home today.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #50  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Barb, good question about the Red bull, I don't even want to know. Ugh! it's just that whenever we are out people buy rounds of shots and I can't way no. Because I mean they bought it so I feel bad. I know that is an excuse and I need to practice some restraint but it is sooo hard. I agree it's not a get out of eating good card! HA! I appreciate your advice. I know if I am taking any shots tonight or tomorrow you will come to my mind. Thank you!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #51  

Cecilia, I'm not so virtuous, I just tend to ralph when I have a shot and I found that embarassing so it is easier to say no.... Plus you only have to toss up your cookies on someone's shoes once before they really don't buy you a shot again... People are funny that way. Hard to pace yourself with shots, since they are not good sipping. Also I found that saving all your exchanges for alcohol has a bad effect, alcohol on an empty stomach just goes right to your head and makes any reasonable judgement vanish for me... So it is a hard balancing act. Hey you should be able to pick what you want to drink even if others are buying... just let it be known that you are not so into shots anymore... make them buy you fine wine! OK maybe not...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #52  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ooooh, did someone just say wine? I still can't drink wine without gagging. Thanks Barbara!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
....Lettie.........where are you?....
In St Louis silly! we got in wednesday night, and went to the Zoo all day today. We thought about going to the City Museum but we left if up to the weather, rain = museum, sunny = zoo....... so there you have it. It was a perfect day for the zoo. That is a nice little zoo you got there. we loved all the animals. we walked for 6 1/2 hours and I am pooped. then I had a big old steak dinner tonight and feel like I am going to pop! we are staying at the embassy suites by the airport.

I just ordered some workout dvds called "crunchless ab workout" anyone know anything about them? they looked good and they were three DVDs for about 10 bucks. so I thought I would try it. obviously too much hotel TV for me!

DH and the kids are in the pool, I am too tuckered for that. A little internet and then bed for me!

I think we are going to go back to the zoo tomorrow for a just couple hours so DH can see some, then we have to hit it back to AR. I have to get my son to an orchestra practice tomorrow night.

and next week is full charge POP!!!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Just posting to say hello. I have been reading but really have nothing to say. Still have jet-lag and my body wants food constantly! I have been good and OP pretty much all week but I need to sleep and now I am back in school. I have been too scared to step on the scale after my trip but tomorrow I will if I have to strip to nothing and cross my fingers.
Good luck to all, T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #55  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends!!!!

I hope you all are doing great. I have to admit I've been neglecting this site bc I have been burying myself in wedding research.......it's gotten a little out of hand. I haven't been exactly OP and by some miracle the scale is moving down! I'll take it!!

I miss you all terribly and thank you to everyone for being so sweet about my engagement! I'm just so excited!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #56  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi really quick. hope everyone has a good weekend.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #57  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

hey hey, evyerone! Just saying hi real quick before I head out for the weekend! Happy Easter, everyone!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #58  

Sorry Katie! You definitely know the whole alcohol on an empty stomach is not a good idea! I had about one and a half glasses of wine last night, and that is the point for me to stop these days. I felt warm and wonderful and more does not make that any better... I made spaghetti and added a lot of spinach and cilantro into it, and that made it taste so good. Cilantro is my new got to put into everything thing... So I was probably over on the carbs and over on the fruits, as I didn't have any left when I had the wine, but today I'm fasting, as it is sort of a traditional good friday thing to do... althgouh I decided that no coffee was just not an option for me.

Hey Jillian and Amylou, I think both of your tickers are lower than last time I noticed them.

Cecilia, I hope you had a nice night!

Happy Easter to you starsofsorrow... I think you said what your name was and I'm trying to remember it, but no food probably is adling whatever brain cells I have left functioning....

Tuesday, You'll get back on track here soon time zone wise and hopefully weight wise..... Getting back on plan is more important than getting back on the scale!

Lettie, sounds like you had a nice day and a nice little family vacation. I could use a vacation after all the remodeling, but I fear that any near term trips are going to have to be spent admiring the bathroom, since remodeling does put a dent in the pocketbook.

Nicole, I hope you are having a blast with your company and your apparently wonderful weather.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #59  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Omg! We got 6 inches of snow last night! What? It's supposed to be spring. ugh! Well I think I did pretty good last night, one drink and one shot. HA! And a very small glass of wine. Food on the other hand I may have went a little over board. I had Mahi Mahi with Fruit Salsa which was good and then we had this shrimp and lobster Fondue! yum! I didn't have too much I noticed my portions were a lot smaller than everyone elses. So that's good. And then Mashed Potatoes. yum they were good too! So yeah not sooo bad. And then just water to drink. So I think I did pretty good. 1 down 2 nights to go! Ha! Hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #60  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Barbara - My real name is Tracy. =) I'm used to people calling me Star or Stars, since that's my handle for here and a few other places!!! I actually am curious....what religions do fasting on Good Fridays? I'm pretty familiar with a lot of religions, but I'm not so familiar as to what does what on which holidays. I was never raised in a church, so yeah!

Cecil - Maybe it'll be the very last 6 inches of snow you'll see for the year (At least till December?)! I rather like snow myself...but then again, my first real experience with snow was last week during spring break, when I was in Ohio right after that massive 20 inch snowfall!! Fondues are SO delicious!!! On my last night in Ohio, my friend made a swiss fondue and a chocolate one...mmmm, yummies!!!! I really enjoyed it, too! =)

All right, I'm out of here, y'all! Have a great weekend!!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote