Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 179/173/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Coffee

I had one cup this morning with Splenda and skim and couldn't stomach it. It is a small thing but it really ruined my morning. Then I made it the way I like it but my taste buds were ticked off and it didn't taste good either. I'll try the combo idea of a little sugar and a little splenda. Thanks for the good ideas!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

hi all- It seems we went from rainy cold days to hot sunny days. At recess the kiddos were all sweaty and cranky. This weekend I need to do some summer clothes shopping.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Shop 'til ya drop, teacher!

ppturner, of course your tastebuds are ticked off! Really, the morning coffee is sacrosanct! It is not a small thing. It is good that you are thinking about cutting back on the sugar, but this might be a place where you want to leave things alone. I am such a coffee addict.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #259  

Default Coffee LOL

Yup - I think I just need to plan on one good cup of coffee the way I like it. No more than one, though!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Just don't be putting two tablespoons of sugar in the coffee.

This morning I weighed 142lbs!!!! That means that I have now lost 40 lbs total. It happens that DH brought home a 40lb bag of dog food this afternoon so I quickly lifted it to feel how much I've lost. That's a bunch! W00t!!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #261  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Just a quick little HI this morning . . . . . . things to do and places to go.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #262  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Gail! Keep up the good work!

ppturner- I give myself 1-2 cups of coffee the way I like it in the morning, no questions asked. I just remember it and figure it in for the day. Some things are just worth it.

and judi- I give you much respect for being a school bus driver! My kids had some special ones while they were growing up, and you have the opportunity to set the tone for the whole day for them. Kids are so impressionable when they're school age, even high school. It's a huge job!
If you're not seeing results from walking, I can give you some ideas- put weights in your pockets so you burn more energy while you walk (I think they sell walking vests like that), and when you walk, pretend you're showing the person behind you the bottom of your feet. It really speeds you up. If you have time, I think muscle-building exercises make a big difference for weight loss, because muscle burns more calories that fat, so you're ahead of the game. So now I just need to take my own advice...

I put my big winter wool blanket outside, rinsed it off and let it hang in the sun to get it ready to pack away. I left it overnight, and today, after bringing it in, my cats are all over it, smelling it. My gut instinct tells me that it probably got visited by a neighborhood cat, and now I really need to wash it again. So there goes some more time wasted!

I also feel very sad today because I killed off a bunch of my vermicompost worms. I'm not sure what happened, but I managed to save some, and will start a new bin for them. It just makes very upset that the whole time I thought they were deliriously happy downstairs eating veggie scraps, they were actually drowning and dying. My DH thought it was silly that I was upset, but he still helped me clean up the mess.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
Just don't be putting two tablespoons of sugar in the coffee.

This morning I weighed 142lbs!!!! That means that I have now lost 40 lbs total. It happens that DH brought home a 40lb bag of dog food this afternoon so I quickly lifted it to feel how much I've lost. That's a bunch! W00t!!!!!
Congratulations - you've come a long way!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #264  

Gail- Congrats!!!

Liz- wow, that's a rough day. feel better

Tonight I made a yummy pizza loaded with veggies. Yum
Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #265  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi everybody . . . another day has gotten away from me . . . hopefully I'll be sble to chat tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #266  

hi all- nothing much exciting happening here. have a great night
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Just popping in to touch base and visit for a bit.

Had a wicked craving for a salty crunch - perpetuated by making a salsa/avocado mash, that begged me to dip a dozen tortilla chips into it! Well, I improvised by slicing half a cucumber, lightly salting them, then using THOSE as the dip delivery system. Hmmm - I am astonished to admit that it did the trick! Yeah, that avocado added fat & calories to some innocuous salsa, but it satisfied that craving, without the added fat and calories of the chips.

The scale is not cooperating this week - it says I went up 2.5#, then the next day it went down 2# !?! Pain in the patootie, if ya ask me! But it's only been a little under a month, so I gotta give the ol' system time to adjust...just need a bit of patience. All told, I am heading in the right direction!

Oh, and Artcat, I hear what you're saying re:walking and exercising...I am really, very badly, out of shape and haven't done much of anything as far as doing "nip-ups", as Dad would call 'em - I admit to a bit of caution in pushing too hard. As I don't have a doctor or insurance, I'd hate to risk going overboard - I'm moving more, walking a lot more, and am going to add weight training to my routine - eventually! I like the idea of carrying some kind of weight, and I did try adjusting my stride to "show the bottoms of my feet" - whew - good one! I am grateful that the weather is cooperating, so I'm getting out more - there's a veggie garden waiting for me, so that's next on the hit parade!

Gotta head out to collect the kids at scouts - have good Thursday, one and all!

Judi
Old 04-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #268  

Default Got my weight tracker!

It's the little things but I'm posting just to see the weight tracker I chose. I have also lost 4 pounds in the time I've been on here. Slow but still there!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #269  

Default Hey!

That didn't work so I tried again. Forgive me for posting just to see my tracker. Like I said, it is the little things!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #270  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

ppturner- congrats on the 4 lbs! That's a great start!

Judi- you did a great job with your salty craving! And avocados are good for you (within reason, of course), so now you have a new way to enjoy "chips" and salsa. It's all those little things that add up.
Closed Thread