Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Quiet in here today!

Hope you are all having a great friday.

The painting in my house is done and I love, love, love it!

Put a deposit on the carpet and bought the travertine, so tomorrow I will get out any aggressions that I have on the fake marble green tile on my bathroom floor. Not a whole lot of it, and it I think I can pretty much do it myself. We'll see... I don't know how hard it will be pry or otherwise chisel the stuff out of there... I suppose tomorrow I will find out. It is only about 32 square feet of tile, so even if it is difficult, I think I can do it. My DH is going to a model railroad swap meet (I managed to not end up having to tag along since that is not exactly fun for me), so I get to demo all by my lonesome.

Nicole, if you are having trouble following LAWL, I don't know if a new plan is your answer, as much as figuring out why you are not sticking to it. If it is because you are hungry or because you don't feel well on the plan, then look for a new plan, but if it is because you keep finding yourself eating stuff you shouldn't... well then perhaps you need to look at your motivation to lose weight and work on that. I do know for myself that waxes and wanes, and the difference between this time when I actually successfully lost the weight and previous attempts when I lost a little bit and then gained it back, has been a real focus on why I wanted to do it. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen on any plan that is reasonable for you. I think that is why the counseling sessions helped me, as they helped me focus on why I wanted to do it. One of the best counselors I had asked me more than once, how bad do you want it? Do you want it bad enough to give up chocolate chip cookies? If the answer is no, then you are likely not going to do well on any plan, but if the answer is yes, well it is clear what you have to do. You just have to decide for yourself what the answer is and make the appropriate choices. so next time you see that cookie or cake or lovely bottle of wine (Lent is lasting for forever by the way!) you just have to say, how bad do I want it... Anyway, it helped me a lot to think of it that way.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #122  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

BarbaraB.....that's the best advise I've ever heard. Thank YOU!
JPS
Workinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #123  
Back in the saddle!

Hi, gang! Man, I have to go back and ready like 8 pages! I'll try to do better next week!

I will go back and ready and try to post personals later.

In the meantime, I'm doing great as far as staying on plan. When I went in on Wednesday to WI, they really started pressuring me about eating all of my portions, and tried to explain to me how to get them in. I explained back that I COULD eat them all if I wanted, but I was struggling with how eating an extra 600 calories/day will help me lose the weight -- when I'm already eating about 1700/1800. I think that is VERY healthy to start from -- no need to eat more than that as long as I stay OP and balanced. We went back and forth and finally they agreed to move me to plan 4. Hopefully that will help all of us.

I've been going up and down. I can't figure it out. I'm assuming I'm still balancing out from the 9 bs in week 1. But it's frustrating because I have been creeping up since then. Grrr. I do feel that I am losing inches at least. WOn't remeasure for a couple weeks, but I am exercising, and can definitely tell a little bit in the clothes (not much, but a little).

More later when I post personals!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #124  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Hey to all my buddies!

Cecelia - love your new avatar! Very cute couple.

Nicole - hang in there girlie...you can do it.

It's been raining here for two days...streets are flooded...schools were closed today...I don't remember the last time we had this kind of downpour. Anyways, yeah it's Friday. I did pretty well this week, though so far I haven't seen a big loss like I did last week. Maybe by the end of the weekend. KMart challenge weigh-in tomorrow and I already know I met goal...woohoo.

Everyone have great weekend!!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #125  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

It's funny... weekends are when I have time to post and catch up, and no one is ever around! Oh well! I am very happy that you all have something to do and aren't sitting at home doing math like me! :-( I have been doing pretty good on the exercise over the past few days and I am doing TO today and tomorrow so hopefully that will help me refocus myself and stay OP. I have been getting bored lately and wanting those bad bad bad foods. So again, hopefully a TO will do the trick.

Tues- Did you get to do anything other than learn in Vegas? Catch any shows or anything???

Cecilia- Cute avatar! I think I'll change mine now too...

Nicole- I don't think it can be nearly as hard for your DD's Bf to tell his 'rents as it was for her to tell you. Of course, if I got pregnant tomorrow my DBF would wait until I was in labor to tell his parents! Good luck with that!

Okey dokey.... back to my stinking math homework and exam. Have a POP weekend all and do something fun! Later!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #126  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Where's everybody been lately?

Let's get our motivation readjusted and , get back to basics, and strike up the band ... the POP star band.

Nicole and Katie -You are always so motivating, as Barbara suggested, let's are reexamine our desires to be healthy and thin, and start fresh this week like it was New Year's again.

I am having a little tough time with wanting to snack, and have some baaad things like Michie mentioned, so let's all help motivate each other.

Paula - Hope you had good luck (really not luck, good "pay off" efforts) at KMart Challenge.

Here's to a good rest of the weekend!

Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

It is rainy, windy and stormy here this morning and I just do not want to start my day.
I spent a week off plan and am having trouble getting back OP. I keep forgetting to write things down and have forgotten to pack my lunch 2 days running so I ate poorly.
Today I am working another Spay Day (for dogs this time). The day is going to be long and include plenty of junk food. I might just call today a wash and start over tomorrow.
Hope you all are doing great. I will check in after I finish spaying the world.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #128  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Where is everyone - Joni, Felecia, Lynn - just a few that I haven't seen in some time!

I don't know if it is the weather (very nice - 50's here in MT), being close to goal, or what lately, but I have been completely POOP! I just am not satisfied with food, and I keep munching even when I am not hungry. This has just been in the last couple days (hmm, since Thurs night) and I don't know how to stop! So, I will call the COD tomorrow - go on hold (I don't want to be way up for my last wl week!) LOL Try to get my head back in the game. Try is the operative word. My uncle is coming to visit my grandparents before moving to Poland, so there will probably be starchy meals in my future...

Everyone have a good weekend - what's left of it anyway.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote