Success Stories

• I don't know about any of you, but I always find a good success story to be so motivating. Would any of you be willing to share yours? I would like to know when you started, whether you are on the colored or numbered plan, total pounds lost, and how long it took you.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing!
  • Long story short...
    September 2006 I went to the Dr.'s office and tipped their scale at 300 lbs. FREAKED OUT, and then Liz and I decided to get really serious about weight loss..

Saw and heard ads for LAWL around town and checked it out.. Signed up and was placed on Red w/Lites...

Originally, my goal was to lose 100 lbs, but decided about half way through to make it 105.. Then when I got to 105 (195lbs.), I kept losing until eventually I got down to 186 and have hovered between 186 and 190 since October of 2007.. So it basically took me a year.
  • At the beginning of last year I realized I had just given a set of car keys to the "baby" that caused all my extra weight. I was almost done raising the most precious gift of my life and still had pregnancy weight lingering (plus a few animal style double doubles). I needed to start taking care of myself in place of taking care of my now grown child.
    I decided that I needed to become a size 14 by my 40th. I wrote little notes and left them everywhere. "14 by 40". I joined LAWL and the forum. By **** or high water I was going to be a size smaller by my birthday.
    I will cut out the struggles and tears part but by some miracle I made it. Two weeks before my 40th B-day I was a size 14!
    I was so over joyed, enthused and motivated that I decided to reinvent my goal to lose 35#.
    Here I am 7 months later, 30# lighter and I feel great. I have these great support friends helping me stay on track so I never feel alone.
    the best thing is not being afraid of having my picture taken. I used to run if someone pulled out a camera, not anymore. Shoot away!
    I just today decided to lose 10 more lbs ans call it a success. After that the real work of staying where I worked so hard to get.
    Good luck, you are surrounded by many people who have succeeded (even when they do not know how much the have succeeded).
  • Thanks for sharing - your stories are great! Congratulations!