Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Veggie burgers would be made with soy protein. Then there are some called "veggie patties" and "bean patties" that have vegetables and beans added, but there's always soy protein in a vegetarian burger. Soy's not bad for you

Let me know if you liked it!
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2bthin2 View Post
I have NEVER eaten one,. but i am really craving a juicy burger, but on express no red meat yet...
the sound of it is starting to gross me out, but i really thinking i should go buy one. i am truly not a big veggie eater, so this will be a big switch. Does the veggie burger count towards vegs or only protein?
Personally I would never eat something that I don't like. I do like veggie burgers and I do eat them. Why are you eating things you don't like? I believe in eating healthy but if it is a plan you are not going to live with for the rest of your life, do you think it will be a success?

I rarely eat beef anymore. I will eat a bison burger, salmon burger, elk burger, venison burger. Why don't you try something that you will like?
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #18  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Lisa,

That sounds awesome. I wanted to share something with you that I learned recently about the microwave ziplock bags. ***WARNING*** I am getting on my soapbox! I went to a wellness conference in Jackson Hole, WY in Sept. One of the classes that I took was on toxins. The Dr speaking at the workshop said that one of the worse ways that Americans are filling their bodies with chemicals is by injesting plastics. He said that anytime you mircrowave plastic wrap or bags, the plastic leaches into your food and you eat it. The more these toxins build up in our bodies, we get start getting sick. Anything from allergies, rashes, and asthma, to even worse, cancers. I had a bunch of those bags in my cupboard and came straight home and tossed them. Okay, stepping off of the box now!

YUCK! I used to be very careful about this- I had heard the warnings about saranwrap etc. I thought these new steam bags were suppossed to be thick enough to not release their toxins into the food???
Katie, is there anyway to help our bodies rid itself of the toxins we put in?

Oh, and about the veggie burgers-my favorite is the original gardenburger. I get a huge box of them from Costco and have them almost once a week for a protein. They are SOO good to me, but I don't really think of them as tasting like a real-deal hamburger. I don't really crave those anymore actually! I'd like to try the Amy's brand-sounds good!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonrr1 View Post
Personally I would never eat something that I don't like. I do like veggie burgers and I do eat them. Why are you eating things you don't like? I believe in eating healthy but if it is a plan you are not going to live with for the rest of your life, do you think it will be a success?
i can't say that i don;t like it but because it is first month of express the plan is limited, and i want a burger, but Red meat is not part of the plan. I am open to trying new things. I am eating alot of chicken but i want variety. I have 2 more weeks until my options open, so i am trying to stay on program and satisfy my cravings as much as i can til express is over!
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #20  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Amy- As I understand it, good colon health is key to shedding toxins.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote