OP Super Bowl Snack Recipes!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone! DH and I decided to have our own little private SB party Sunday night. I want to stay OP, and I am prepared to save as many starches as possible! Does anyone have any On Plan recipes or snack suggestions? Thanks!
  • I was thinking about trying to alter my spinach dip recipe to make it as on plan as possible but haven't looked at it yet. I'm planning a big veggie tray to munch on
  • Um I use the cheerios snack mix cheddar flavor as a starch 3/4 of a cup 1 st. I am pretty sure it's on plan. The nutrition info is very similar to RF Wheat thins.
  • I have done that with the spinach dip before. It turns out really good.

How about a 7 layer dip w/FF refried beans, FF sour cream, and LF cheese. You serve it with baked chips and veggies.

Cucumber and onion slices in FF sour cream, with some mortons, pepper, and vinegar.

Hummus- Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed, blended with lemon juice, a few garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Serve with crackers and fresh veggies.
  • Katie - the 7 layer dip sounds yummy and I had just thought about some roasted garlic hummus.
  • The LAWL recipe skinless buffalo chicken strips are really good as well.

You basically get some chicken tenders, roll them around in some hotwing sauce and melted lite margarine (or equivelant) and then bake 'em.. Reserve some of the hot sauce for coating afterward.. That is to say, some of the hot sauce you didn't use to coat the raw chicken in...

Just be cafeful about how much hot sauce you use.. The typical wing sauce is very salty, but there are alternatives out there if you look hard enough..

I think I'll be making these this weekend. Mmmmmm....
  • Yum! That sounds really good Dan.

We are going to cook a smoked turkey. A little salty probably, but good for me to fill up on.
  • Really it will be the drinking that is the problem for me. Here are few OP suggestions:
    Lemon Drop: 1 shot of Vodka, 2 shots lemon juice, 1 packet of splenda
    Mojito- 1 shot rum, 1 shot of lime juice, a little crushed mint, top off with Sprite zero.
    Diet Vanilla coke and rum
    Wine spritzers- 3 oz wine, sprite zero, a squeeze of lime
  • I'm stuffed from my very on plan lunch but you guys are starving me

Dan - The chicken wings sound great, I may have to try those as well for afternoon snacks....we make a day of it

Katie - I need to remember the spritzer thing...it makes the little bit of wine last a lot longer.
  • Hey,

We are having:

Wings with FF Dressing (condiment)
    Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce (condiment)
    Turkey Chili (1 Starch, 1 Protein (usually 1/2, but my DH puts in extra meat, but I can have a little extra since it is the turkey,) and 1 Veggie)

I got a 6 layer dip and chips for everyone else, but this stuff and a salad and I will be very full and still POP for the day!
  • Kelly - sounds yummy! You guys are giving me so many ideas I've got some shrimp skewers in the freezer (prefer them fresh but that will do)
  • OMG! You all have given me more than enough ideas! Thanks so much!
  • Plain Tabasco sauce is lower in sodium than a lot of the alternatives: fyi
  • Just because I dont think I can trust myself with portion control... I am settling on a veggie platter!! I really am looking forward to DH having to take me out to eat when I am 229 by V-Day! Thanks for all the great recipes! DS birthday is coming up and I can definitely use more than one of these!
  • So.. How did we all do yesterday?

I made the chicken and it was great.. I think I overdid it with the hot sauce.. My tummy was hurting later in the evening...