Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Default Carnation Instant Breakfast...

Does anyone know If I can count a carnation instant breakfast as one starch/one protein. I think they are similar to the slimdowns.

Thanks,
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #2  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi! In just browsing over some of the general nutritional facts, I would not compare these to slimdowns. They are lower in calories which is not necessarily bad, but they dont even compare as far as your protein grams. And the protein is definitely what you need first thing in the morning. A closer option would be some of the Slim Fast varieties.

If you have a Krogers Grocery store nearby, I buy their brand of Slim Fast, called Slim Rite Ultimate, and it is very close to the Slimdowns.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #3  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

I use the target brand because they are cheaper than slimfast but just as good. Still a little less protein than the slimdowns so I add a string cheese.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Thanks guys! I am just getting back into the swing of things and I don't have any slimdowns right now to compare the CIB too. I wasn't sure if it was going to fly or not. I just happened to have an Instan Breakfast in my desk. The weather is so bad outside I really don't want to go out and get lunch
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote